Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

It shouldn't be an issue with receiving your items, no. 

As far as flagging you in the system for account review due to GCU terms, I have no idea.  I have never cancelled any orders like that and then ordered more, and I always use my Best Buy card for purchases.  It shouldn't matter though since you're only having three orders fulfilled.   But yes, there is a chance you drew attention to your account with six separate orders.  Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Especially limited editions. Those are pretty much the only things where I've ever bought multiples.

Okay, well I've never had something cancelled except for OOS situations like Majora's Mask console.

Fire Emblem Fates special editions, Wticher: Wild Hunt CEs, Juggernog Editions, amiibos when they were new, Pokemon Go, Tales of Berseria CE, and on and on. It's not random when a person has never had a cancellation. Maybe they treat Elite and Elite Plus members orders differently? I put in 3 orders for 3 Zelda BotW SEs the other day too. I've never ordered more than three of something, because that is the GCU limit.
I've ordered a large number of limited edition items from BestBuy online over the years. Most often single quantities, sometimes multiples (I recall nabbing 2x Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition).

The ONLY item that I've ever had outright cancelled was my lone copy of the Majora's Mask N3DS, which wasn't even due to ordering multiples. This was during the port strike and a large portion of Best Buy's allocation didn't arrive in time to meet the release deadline....thus, many orders were cancelled. In this case, they gave people a $50 gift card for the trouble, since it was out of the consumer's hands. Unfortunate, but at least they made amends.

Nintendo has confirmed the differences between BotW on Switch and Wii U to IGN:

• Both launch on the same day, March 3.
  • Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
  • Both versions of the game offer the same content.
  • On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
  • The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
  • The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
  • Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
  • A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.

Ladies and gentlemen, the era of 720p gaming is upon us with the release of Zelda BotW.
Genuinely curious, not trying to play damage control here. Does playing a game in 720p actually hinder your experience at all? I've spent years and years doing animation and model building but even I have trouble noticing a difference between 720 and 1080p. I just can't help but feel like this over reliance on pixel count and frame rate is to compensate for actually enjoyable, memorable experiences.

Probably not the best place for what could potentially be a lengthy off-topic question, but I figured I'd put the question out there anyway.

I have a 50" 1080p tv and the difference between that and 720p is noticeable. I don't think it matters that much on anything smaller.
But even when the difference in noticeable, does that detract from the experience? If I'm playing a game and thinking to myself, "sure would look better with more pixels" I can't imagine that I'm having that good of a time. People like to give Nintendo a hard time for their crappy gimmicks, but this whole focus on graphic fidelity is itself one huge gimmick and marketing ploy. Advancement of technology is great because it gives us a larger variety of types of experiences to create... but it shouldn't be the focus or "requirement" of quality for modern gaming. That's just gonna destroy the gaming industry.

Genuinely curious, not trying to play damage control here. Does playing a game in 720p actually hinder your experience at all? I've spent years and years doing animation and model building but even I have trouble noticing a difference between 720 and 1080p. I just can't help but feel like this over reliance on pixel count and frame rate is to compensate for actually enjoyable, memorable experiences.

Probably not the best place for what could potentially be a lengthy off-topic question, but I figured I'd put the question out there anyway.
Three are two types of people in this world tonyxvx,

1.people who admit they pee in the shower.

2. dirty fuck ing liars.

Three are two types of people in this world tonyxvx,

1.people who pee in the shower.

2. dirty fuck ing liars.
3. People who don't pee in the shower and have no clue what this has to do with video games. (Toilet is right next to the shower, I just open the curtain. ;) )

Nintendo said no restocks unfortunately, but there are bound to be some cancellations. Keep an eye on retailers during release.
yeah that's what I been hearing. No restocks. Yeah I'll be keeping an eye out. Hopefully I can get one release day or close to it. If not no big deal. Missed out cause of work.

As another animator and artist, plus a person who has openly stated he would rather play on an SD tv than an HD tv simply because I don't want to spend money on an HD tv I can say: this has never mattered to me and I too can't tell the freaking difference...I feel the same way about Blu-Ray vs. DVDs. But if people wanna feel like better quality matters for the overall experience because of pixel count...whatever.
Personally I'm happy to just watch a movie that isn't blurry and play game with either a great story or one that is simply enjoyable to play.

Nintendo said no restocks unfortunately, but there are bound to be some cancellations. Keep an eye on retailers during release.
Simply baffling... their biggest release in years, hyped to all hell, looks very promising, marquee release for their newest console and they decide not to make more?

As another animator and artist, plus a person who has openly stated he would rather play on an SD tv than an HD tv simply because I don't want to spend money on an HD tv I can say: this has never mattered to me and I too can't tell the freaking difference...I feel the same way about Blu-Ray vs. DVDs. But if people wanna feel like better quality matters for the overall experience because of pixel count...whatever.
Personally I'm happy to just watch a movie that isn't blurry and play game with either a great story or one that is simply enjoyable to play.
do you really play and watch on a sd tv?

I don't know about the benefits of 1080p over 720p, especially as it concerns tablets. But I will say I readily notice and am bothered by halting or sluggish frame rate issues and motion blur. I want everything to be uniform, nice and smooooth.

Was actually at the place order part of the transaction, but then I thought twice. I've been trying to go for the Master Edition and I will not go for anything less. If it doesn't happen, oh well.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Was actually at the place order part of the transaction, but then I thought twice. I've been trying to go for the Master Edition and I will not go for anything less. If it doesn't happen, oh well.
Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
In that case, I guess you'll completely miss out playing a kick-ass game unlike the rest of us :p

A few articles I read had Nintendo mentioning that RIGHT NOW Zelda: BOTW runs at 900P and 30 FPS, but they were still working on optimization and hoping that it would be 1080P and 60 FPS upon release in March (for the Switch).

So will a Master edition go up at TRU too? TRU wasn't on the retailer list for either special or master edition.
I checked again, it looks like TRU was on the list for the Special Edition but not the Masters. All 3 retailers for Masters already put theirs up. There's 6 retailers for the special edition. Other ones being Target and Walmart. I'm gonna guess they will sell out much quicker than Gamestop, Amazon, and Bestbuy. More like Toys R US here.

I checked again, it looks like TRU was on the list for the Special Edition but not the Masters. All 3 retailers for Masters already put theirs up. There's 6 retailers for the special edition. Other ones being Target and Walmart. I'm gonna guess they will sell out much quicker than Gamestop, Amazon, and Bestbuy. More like Toys R US here.
I think target already had there's up but not 100% on that.

I pre ordered it too, I hope they fulfill It, already charged my credit card Hahaha

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Seems like a legitimate place and not some fly by night website. They have actual retail locations and they look huge.
Lot of people on nowinstock.com said that during the amiibo peak that they were legit.

I am just going to hold out and see if I can get something that pops up between now and then.

I know the Master edition is limited, but will they be making more of the Special Edition? Would much rather get my Best Buy discount. :/

I know the Master edition is limited, but will they be making more of the Special Edition? Would much rather get my Best Buy discount. :/
They're both limited according to Reggie, just that Master Edition is more limited than Special Edition. Even for the Special Edition, once a retailer sells out, it's gone (outside of cancellations). Of course there's still a few retailers that hasn't put theirs up yet. But you're chance of getting it with 20% discount is probably slim.

Seems like a legitimate place and not some fly by night website. They have actual retail locations and they look huge.
I can vouch for the legitimacy of Nebraska Furniture Mart. They have a couple of storefront locations in the Midwest near where I've lived in the past and I've ordered a few video game items from them before, with no issues. I think the last one was a copy of the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Edition for the PS3 - I took a gamble since they were the only retailer with stock (once it started to spike) and received a first-print run with artbook (as advertised).

Looks like they are OOS now, but for the greater community record, NFM is legit.

Simply baffling... their biggest release in years, hyped to all hell, looks very promising, marquee release for their newest console and they decide not to make more?
If I cant get the Masters Edition at launch, I probably wont be getting a Switch at all for quite some time. And I'm the type that buys every system, games on every platform, etc. It's a misstep for Nintendo.

I can wait for a while and catch up on the pile of other games I have to play on PS4, XBONE, PC, etc

I still have doubts about whether BH photo and Nebraska Furniture Mart will actually get these, since Zelda: Breath of the Wild website only listed 6 retailers for the special edition (Amazon, Bestbuy, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us). The fact that both BH photo and Nebraska Furniture Mart sold out so fast is an encouraging sign. But I know in the past, BH Photo would take preorders first and then ask Nintendo for stock, but the preorders usually also last much longer than this (like for the rare amiibos). If that's what they're doing again this time then yea, they're probably just trolling everyone.

I still have doubts about whether BH photo and Nebraska Furniture Mart will actually get these, since Zelda: Breath of the Wild website only listed 6 retailers for the special edition (Amazon, Bestbuy, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us). The fact that both BH photo and Nebraska Furniture Mart sold out so fast is an encouraging sign. But I know in the past, BH Photo would take preorders first and then ask Nintendo for stock, but the preorders usually also last much longer than this (like for the rare amiibos). If that's what they're doing again this time then yea, they're probably just trolling everyone.
Out of those retailers listed who hasn't posted pre-orders? Walmart and Target?

This is a valid point - I too have my doubts on whether or not these sites will be getting stock. I certainly wouldn't rely on it, but that's why I nabbed mine at BestBuy - at least I have a track record with them getting LE items and delivering on preorders.

bread's done
Back