Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

I went ahead and preordered a copy from Walmart, but like Youngnoble said, the tax doesn't appear... I don't know if it will be cancelled. But as a heads up, the warehouse ships from out of state, so maybe that's the reason? When I order site to store, it's usually from TN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart still showing in stock for me, was able to add to cart and went all the way to place order, but didn't place an order since I don't need another one.

Lmao this is exactly what I think when people ask about if they charge now or not, especially for a CE.

I told my friend that a preorder for the SE was up at Best Buy and he ordered it. Then in a panic he said "wait, do they charge now or later?" Apparently he barely had enough in his debit card to even cover a temp charge.

It really surprises me the amount of people who don't take advantage of using a credit card and paying it in full every month. I love me some reward points.
I had to edit my original post but my reason was because I'm moving next month so my billing address will change by the time Zelda releases. In the past at least, Walmart can't adjust CC information for online orders. They would force you to cancel and reorder. That won't do any good for sold out items like this.

If you can't go without $100 for a couple months, you have more problems than securing a limited edition game.
These are trying times and many are struggling. But asking a Nintendo fan to do without Zelda is akin to asking a prisoner to live without food or water.

These are trying times and many are struggling. But asking a Nintendo fan to do without Zelda is akin to asking a prisoner to live without food or water.
It's obvious to me you don't know what you're talking about, all you need in prison is a fifi and some pruno.

I had to edit my original post but my reason was because I'm moving next month so my billing address will change by the time Zelda releases. In the past at least, Walmart can't adjust CC information for online orders. They would force you to cancel and reorder. That won't do any good for sold out items like this.
Yeah that makes sense. Obviously there are unique exceptions but most of the time people ask this is because they are worried about cash flow.

Setup mail forwarding with USPS and don't change your billing address until after all preorders ship. Use a different card with the updated billing address for later preorders. ?

Setup mail forwarding with USPS and don't change your billing address until after all preorders ship. Use a different card with the updated billing address for later preorders. ?
Good idea about mail forwarding (I was going to do that for normal post office mail anyway) but the problem is that's assuming in the case of the preorder Walmart uses USPS. I think I've had FedEx deliver Walmart orders in my area in the past. I don't remember because I rarely shop at Walmart.

I was thinking the same idea as you, I think the only solution is to use a specific card with the updated address and use it specifically for preorders. The only problem is you have to know the address of where you'll be moving to at the time your preorder is placed.

The only problem is you have to know the address of where you'll be moving to at the time your preorder is placed.
are you implying you don't know where you're moving to? another solution would be to have someone you trust order it, have it sent to their house and pay them for it.

are you implying you don't know where you're moving to? another solution would be to have someone you trust order it, have it sent to their house and pay them for it.
Yes, that would be my moving situation. I live in an apartment so while I've given my landlord my 30 day exit notice already, I've still yet to figure out where my next place will be. I have a few places in mind so I'll be figuring it out shortly but it's when preorders come up during this period I'm put in an awkward position.

The easy way would be to able to call Walmart and update the billing address but I don't think they let you do that. I preordered MGS V a couple of years ago from them and I when I was between apartments just like now, the CS rep couldn't update the order since the billing address was locked in. I thought about your idea to send it to my parent's house to take care of the delivery address but the billing address is still the issue.

Yes, that would be my moving situation. I live in an apartment so while I've given my landlord my 30 day exit notice already, I've still yet to figure out where my next place will be. I have a few places in mind so I'll be figuring it out shortly but it's when preorders come up during this period I'm put in an awkward position.

The easy way would be to able to call Walmart and update the billing address but I don't think they let you do that. I preordered MGS V a couple of years ago from them and I when I was between apartments just like now, the CS rep couldn't update the order since the billing address was locked in. I thought about your idea to send it to my parent's house to take care of the delivery address but the billing address is still the issue.
i meant it as for future reference. good luck with your order and move, hope everything works out for you.

sorry didn't read through the thread but googling didn't find anything.... What do the breathe of wild amiibos do? I could only find info on the older ones people have. 

Have your landlord hold it for you, have the landlord trust order it for you, or cancel it and reorder. Those are your options m80.

BREAKING: The title for the next shitpost sequel has been revealed

Ibi9rF2.jpg

sorry didn't read through the thread but googling didn't find anything.... What do the breathe of wild amiibos do? I could only find info on the older ones people have.
My guess is that it'll be like Twilight Princess HD where Link gives you more arrows, Ganondorf makes the game more difficult.

Meat rain. Seriously.

Okay I'm thinking of the older stuff but I wouldn't be surprised if it was still meat rain.

tumblr_ohkt7rMqRx1ufr0jio5_500.gif

tumblr_ohkt7rmqrx1ufr0jio1_500.gif

Toon Link rains fish.

8 bit Link rains barrels full of rupees.

Chance for a treasure chest with a rare item.

I'm sure they're only usable once per day. Thats not going to help you all that much.
I doubt food is going to be all that scarce anyhow. Won't deter people from complaining about it, though.

Of course as someone who already owns these amiibo and will be buying the others, I hope the new amiibo will have cool bonuses. Weapons perhaps? Exclusive clothing?

will the amiibos be easy to find after launch? cause im already paying way to much for breath of the wild
They've been available for pre-order from Best Buy for quite a while now, so I'd say you're fine. There could potentially be a lower quantity of the Guardian due to its size and price, but who knows.

Does anyone know if the Special edition will be restocked? I know Reggie said that for the Master edition, once it's gone, it's gone, but haven't heard the same about the Special edition.

Personally don't care too much about the statue, so really hoping I can get the Special edition for the case and map.

Does anyone know if the Special edition will be restocked? I know Reggie said that for the Master edition, once it's gone, it's gone, but haven't heard the same about the Special edition.

Personally don't care too much about the statue, so really hoping I can get the Special edition for the case and map.
Typically these CEs do not get restocked (as in Nintendo decides to make more to meet demand). Your best bet is to catch retailers putting the cancelled orders back up.

The game looks stunning to me. In my opinion, this is the deserving game to go all out. The $500 plus that will be spent is justified.......sounds ridiculous I know:)
$500? Yikes.

Its funny that theres such a widespread issue spending $500ish for a brand new console, accessories to go with it and some launch games yet people seemed to have had no problem dropping $500 down for the FF XV CE, the Limited edition for the steelbook variant, CE Guide, figures and in some cases even a standard copy of the game for actual play.

Its funny that theres such a widespread issue spending $500ish for a brand new console, accessories to go with it and some launch games yet people seemed to have had no problem dropping $500 down for the FF XV CE, the Limited edition for the steelbook variant, CE Guide, figures and in some cases even a standard copy of the game for actual play.
Even with all the recent crap SE has pushed out I think there is a lot more good will left towards FF. Nintendo is getting short on that these days.

The perception of value is such a weird thing, isn't it? 

In the case of Final Fantasy XV the UCE is pretty much guaranteed to hold well above its MSRP value forever.   If and when you ever decide to sell it, you'll get your money back and then some.  The deluxe edition should also hold its value in the long haul.  The Nintendo Switch? Not so much.  It's aftermarket value could crater at any moment.  It also depreciates the moment you buy it, as the machine will never be worth over $300 and the accessories won't be worth anywhere close to what you pay for them, in resale.  The Switch is very much a risky investment, and most importantly, we have no idea if it will be supported with additional games besides the ones announced. 

There's a good chance people could be stuck holding their cocks two years from now having purchased exactly three games for the Switch wondering "why the hell did I spend $500-600 on this thing?"  That's most of a new PC build!  Nintendo lost a lot of trust during the Wii U cycle and they've done nothing to earn any of that trust back.  They are still figuring out how to break the news to people that they are only going to offer them coupons  (discounts) to buy their virutal console games (again) they want to own on their new systems. lmao. This Zelda was also supposed to be a Wii U game that came out holiday 2015. If it weren't for Zelda, this machine would be completely dead on arrival.   That is quite alarming. 

Nintendo has had a multitude of opportunities over the last decade to EASILY garner some good will with their fans.   Besides releasing the NES mini, they have chosen not to do so.  Most of the criticism they receive, they earn themselves.  People don't like being deceived.  They also get sick of buying plastic.  

The Switch charging grip is epitome of the entire problem.   I sincerely mean that;  it is the perfect example.  It could have easily been included in the core set.   Same thing with 3DS chargers while Nintendo is profiting off of N3DS hardware sales. 

I don't mean to get so ranty, but they do this to themselves. 

You start to make one of these posts with a single thought in mind. Then it descends into this thought process of a multitude of existing problems. 

*Insert obligatory "backseat CEO" comment here*

It's entertaining to see the same people play both sides of the fence. Repeatedly.

bread's done
Back