Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

My local comic book store has preorders available for the Zelda Arts & Artifacts LE @ $56. But I already have the original on its way. Should I jump on this anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:
Came a day early :)
attachicon.gif
tmp_28849-20170220_1030161081373453.jpg
Happy it's boxed nicely like the Art of Metal Gear Solid LE one.

Finally they start using an exterior shell and not just floating in a huge box

Now the wait for the third LE. I think the arts is the nicer of the 2.

[attachment=25573:tmp_8863-20170220_111749-571549981.jpg][attachment=25574:tmp_8863-20170220_111704-42546130.jpg]

The order cycle is for April, which is what's strange. There's no telling if it will be fulfilled, but I have never had issues with them offering orders for things they didn't get. They also never had the Limited Edition up for order last month, only the regular edition. They resolicited the original and are now offering the Limited Edition. Could this mean Dark Horse is making more? Or held back stock for comic book stores? Worth looking into!

Looks like the Deluxe Hardcover of the Breath of the Wild is now sold out on Amazon.

Too much shit to buy if you're a Legend of Zelda fan nowadays. Think I'm throwing in the towel....
It's not THAT much... $130 Master Edition, $20 DLC, $140 for 30th anniversary + Wolf Link + BOTW amiibo, $80 deluxe guide, $80 LE Arts & Artifacts book. $450 is chump change! Leaves plenty left over for Zelda merch, toys, board games/puzzles, and that $100 chess set coming up soon. ;)

It's not THAT much... $130 Master Edition, $20 DLC, $140 for 30th anniversary + Wolf Link + BOTW amiibo, $80 deluxe guide, $80 LE Arts & Artifacts book. $450 is chump change! Leaves plenty left over for Zelda merch, toys, board games/puzzles, and that $100 chess set coming up soon. ;)
I'm too scared to tally up how much I'm dropping in March.

140 for 30th anni?

How hard do you reckon would it be to sell the some of the contents of the special edition separately. Honestly I just want the switch case and the game (possibly the map undecided about this). But I really don't care about the other materials

Hope you're not actually paying MSRP for all of that. I'm spending a ton on BOTW too but everything is 20%-40% off.

Hope you're not actually paying MSRP for all of that. I'm spending a ton on BOTW too but everything is 20%-40% off.
Haha, of course not. I'm at $67 for the ME (proud of this one, so I'm bragging), $14 for the DLC, and who knows how much on the amiibo. Whatever GCU plus Visa checkout comes down to. I'm just saying the MSRP is a bit daunting.

New (super pretty) hi-res Breath of the Wild art featuring the main Rito, Zora and Goron characters:

RnQJOJ1.png

soETg0l.png

9uwyGuq.png

WHAT ARE THOSE SCARVES?!?

Well please share...
Not really a deal that can be replicated or I'd have shared, sorry! (Plus it's obviously super sold out.)

Most of the discount is just because Amazon screwed up the processing on my order and they ended up having to cancel my Special Edition to fix it (which I was already considering cancelling, so no big loss) but they gave me an additional $20 discount on the order for the inconvenience along with the Prime discount. More of "bank error in your favor" situation than stealthy deal hunting.

This has however left me ton of paranoia that something else will go wrong with the order. Worth the savings? ...Maybe.

How hard do you reckon would it be to sell the some of the contents of the special edition separately. Honestly I just want the switch case and the game (possibly the map undecided about this). But I really don't care about the other materials
If eBay, not hard at all I wouldn't think. Just price yourself on par with the going rate on that stuff after it comes out. There will be plenty of interested buyers.

Do not update your shipping or payment information on Amazon 
My order  was just cancel by Amazon while updating my shipping information.

While they're going to reinstate the order within 3-5 days but I had to fight just to get them to do that.

Do not update your shipping or payment information on Amazon
My order was just cancel by Amazon while updating my shipping information.

While they're going to reinstate the order within 3-5 days but I had to fight just to get them to do that.
Wow, that's very lucky that they're willing/able to reinstate, though. Usually you're just SOL.

Wow, that's very lucky that they're willing/able to reinstate, though. Usually you're just SOL.
I lied and said it was for a birthday gift and that I was extremely disappointed. I had to go the extra mile after I had sold off the game to a fellow CAG
they updated the delivery option to be shipped by release date apparently.

I still have to wait the week to see if they actually reinstated or I am refunding someone by then.

You forgot about the statue that is exclusive to Best Buy for $90.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/first-4-figures-nintendo-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-link-11-premium-collectible-figure-blue-brown-black-tan/5731031.p?skuId=5731031

How difficult do you experts think it would be to sell off pieces of the Master Edition to where I can keep the game and carrying case (mainly the only things I truly want, especially after realizing I don't have room to continue to store these collector's editions out in the open,defeating the purpose of them for me) and come close to only paying the amount it'd take to buy the game separately (~$48) with a case (~$20-30)? I almost just want to cancel it so someone else who wants the entire thing could easily get it, but this is the only way I'm going to get that Sheikah slate design. I'm just skeptical that there are people out there who will only want part of the set.

How difficult do you experts think it would be to sell off pieces of the Master Edition to where I can keep the game and carrying case (mainly the only things I truly want, especially after realizing I don't have room to continue to store these collector's editions out in the open,defeating the purpose of them for me) and come close to only paying the amount it'd take to buy the game separately (~$48) with a case (~$20-30)? I almost just want to cancel it so someone else who wants the entire thing could easily get it, but this is the only way I'm going to get that Sheikah slate design. I'm just skeptical that there are people out there who will only want part of the set.
I guarantee you'll find buyers on eBay only interested in the coin or soundtrack.

bread's done
Back