Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

How difficult do you experts think it would be to sell off pieces of the Master Edition to where I can keep the game and carrying case (mainly the only things I truly want, especially after realizing I don't have room to continue to store these collector's editions out in the open,defeating the purpose of them for me) and come close to only paying the amount it'd take to buy the game separately (~$48) with a case (~$20-30)? I almost just want to cancel it so someone else who wants the entire thing could easily get it, but this is the only way I'm going to get that Sheikah slate design. I'm just skeptical that there are people out there who will only want part of the set.
If it was the special edition I'd be willing to buy just the outer box so I'm sure you'll find people on eBay who just want one piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, silly me. In addition the Zelda Arts & Artifacts book and the guides, there's also the "Legendary Edition" reissues of the Zelda manga being rereleased right now to coincide with the launch as well. (Which I'm actually buying, because despite not being a huge manga fan they actually look really nice.)

If it was the special edition I'd be willing to buy just the outer box so I'm sure you'll find people on eBay who just want one piece.
I'm surprised so many people like the Special Edition's box, since it looks just like the game's cover art. I'm evidently in the minority when I say that I prefer the Master Edition's, as its simplistic design reminds me of the original OoT 3DS.

Yes people definitely has interest in individual items from a CE, I usually only keep parts of CE and gotten pretty good prices for things I didn't want.

Is there anyone here who actually likes the maps that they throw in with Zelda collector's items? I have so many at this point, and each time I get a new one I can't help to think to myself, "Who the  fuck wants this?" I'd understand if they were functional in-game maps, but they're not. Then again, I'm obviously purchasing these items, so Nintendo must be thinking, "They love the maps!"

At the very least this map looks to be higher quality than most. That's something.

I'm surprised so many people like the Special Edition's box, since it looks just like the game's cover art. I'm evidently in the minority when I say that I prefer the Master Edition's, as its simplistic design reminds me of the original OoT 3DS.
I actually like the master edition one better but I'm a collector so I want the special box too without buying the whole thing lol.

Of course, silly me. In addition the Zelda Arts & Artifacts book and the guides, there's also the "Legendary Edition" reissues of the Zelda manga being rereleased right now to coincide with the launch as well. (Which I'm actually buying, because despite not being a huge manga fan they actually look really nice.)
The mangas are cool but after buying the first two and only reading one, I'm waiting for the price to drop down a bit for each.

We FINALLY have some confirmation on what these amiibo do. Spoilers just in case someone wants to be surprised:

Weapons! "Rare" weapons, specifically.

• Zelda gives you a special shield
  • Archer Link gives you a special bow
  • Rider Link gives you a special saddle/sword
  • Guardian gives you the special arrows from the original trailer, that are supposed to be strong against Guardians, along with some crafting items
  • Bokoblin gives you two special bokoblin clubs

Now to decide whether or not to use them. Seems like it might give you an unfair advantage too early in the game.

How difficult do you experts think it would be to sell off pieces of the Master Edition to where I can keep the game and carrying case (mainly the only things I truly want, especially after realizing I don't have room to continue to store these collector's editions out in the open,defeating the purpose of them for me) and come close to only paying the amount it'd take to buy the game separately (~$48) with a case (~$20-30)? I almost just want to cancel it so someone else who wants the entire thing could easily get it, but this is the only way I'm going to get that Sheikah slate design. I'm just skeptical that there are people out there who will only want part of the set.
I'd be interested in the Master Sword statue and the Master Edition box if you are piecing it all out.

I'd be interested in the Master Sword statue and the Master Edition box if you are piecing it all out.
Yeah, you and at least three other people have expressed interest in it already (which wasn't really my intent when I posted about it, believe it or not - I genuinely wasn't sure if there were people who liked to buy only parts of a CE). I'm waiting until it actually gets here to decide on what to do with it first.

Here's a video showing the back of the amiibo boxes with details on the items:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdANVP7QXHo

Must. Resist. Looking.

Glad I have the Arts and Artifacts book and TPHD to distract me until next Friday.

Must. Resist. Looking.

Glad I have the Arts and Artifacts book and TPHD to distract me until next Friday.
I loved the Arts and Artifacts book, but was disappointed by the Twilight Princess section. I was excited to see some of the concept art for characters and enemies... aaand it's just the in-game 3D models. Bummer.

The Breath of the Wild section was a nice surprise, though. That fold-out art page is beautiful.

ALSO, just so you know, the amiibo boxes are barely spoilers since there aren't really any specifics listed at all, just a picture indicating what it will give you. I don't feel like I spoiled anything by knowing what they provide, so if you really want to look, you won't be missing much at launch. I just put the spoiler in case anyone really wants to go in super- "it's the 90's and I'm not even looking at my issue of Nintendo Power" -duper blind.

Does anybody know if the First 4 Figures Breath of the Wild Link statues is gonna be in stores at Best Buy or just available online? I'm debating weather or not to pull the plug

We FINALLY have some confirmation on what these amiibo do. Spoilers just in case someone wants to be surprised:

Weapons! "Rare" weapons, specifically.

• Zelda gives you a special shield
  • Archer Link gives you a special bow
  • Rider Link gives you a special saddle/sword
  • Guardian gives you the special arrows from the original trailer, that are supposed to be strong against Guardians, along with some crafting items
  • Bokoblin gives you two special bokoblin clubs
Now to decide whether or not to use them. Seems like it might give you an unfair advantage too early in the game.
Thanks for the info. Stopped by GS and preordered all amiibos. Didn't think these gems would do more than be on a collector's shelf.

Did the Arts and Artifacts LE ever get a discount from any retailer? Just realized I paid MSRP for it and it kind of hurt to see that on my wallet lol.

Also some of my pages were stuck together and small parts of the very top tore off. I noticed it was on the pages with full page color. Annoying but only a minor defect.

An error I noticed is in page 244. They mix up Molgera and Jalhalla.

I was disappointed that some character groupings are missing like, one team member. For example, the quartet of heroes that assist you in Twilight Princess.

This Art & Artifacts mistake is trivial, but hilarious: (Second row on the left)

m1csq6nkgahy.jpg

So, Breath of the Wild for Wii U leaked and the spoilers are running rampant. Save yourselves. But since I'm a sadist, I'm going to post it here for those who are into that sort of thing:

A bunch of datamined items.

Boot screen:

nhXFQ6F.jpg

Some new VERY nice HD screenshots. Nothing very spoilery (that Game Informer didn't already show), but be cautious!

More items/assets:

yrym2d59lchy.png

Here's something Nintendo of America just blatantly spoiled themselves on Twitter from the new Japan commercial:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/833823509105086464?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

edit: Okay one last thing. Look at this amazing gif.

Zelda-Baseball-GIF.gif

*weighs between possibility of ME or SE notifications and having the game spoiled*
I'm still staying. I'll take the risk.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Fair warning: Book Depository has cancelled a bunch of orders I've placed in the past due to no actual stock, had numerous shipping issues with them, and they typically don't package their books well at all. (Which is surprising, since it's traveling overseas.)

I only import books from them when absolutely necessary now. While this might be that scenario for some, just be aware.

I wonder if the Master Edition is just the Special Edition Box inside the Master Edition box, plus the sword statue.

I like the Special Edition box...

Fair warning: Book Depository has cancelled a bunch of orders I've placed in the past due to no actual stock, had numerous shipping issues with them, and they typically don't package their books well at all. (Which is surprising, since it's traveling overseas.)

I only import books from them when absolutely necessary now. While this might be that scenario for some, just be aware.
Out of stock now. But I took a chance and ordered. Will update here if they cancel or fulfill. The fact that it is OOS can mean they accurately track stock, or else just realized their error and pulled it manually.

Unboxing of the Euro LE. The box is huge!
(For those of you who don't know: they only got one version. Theirs only comes with the master sword + soundtrack).
[youtube]https://youtu.be/tirsoK5Jwj4[/youtube]

Unboxing of the Euro LE. The box is huge!
(For those of you who don't know: they only got one version. Theirs only comes with the master sword + soundtrack).
-snip-
Well, guess I'm not displaying my Master Edition box! The sword statue looks fantastic, though. Only 9 more days, my hype is out of control.

It went up and down a few times before it sold out online so I wouldn't really hold my "Breath" for that. ;)
True and also, B&N doesn't price match their own website. They will, however, let you use one of those 20% off coupons if you're subscribed to their e-mail list.

The art artifacts limited edition is back in stock on amazon. 593 of them. Full price, at least for now.
I don't see it

Edit: nvm I see it only if I click on the nowinstock link. Otherwise it only shows 3rd party

bread's done
Back