Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

I think now is a good time to update this

5BpweGY.jpg
I feel a little bit better now. :) I have a good feeling my uk order will ship so i'll still get the sword. These need to make there way over to reddit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop scaring the shit out of me plz, thanks
i have an idea of how this worked. People arent going to like it. But I am sure they have a automated matrix that did the decisioning of who had theirs stay and who didnt based off customer history with the company and the amount that were left. Would explain how come the times dont matter it seems. If you are going to piss off customers make sure they arent the ones who spend more there.

Holy crap...I have a busy day and come home to all this..WTF is happening? Cancelled orders and possibly stolen shipments? Geeze...its like when those guys stole a bunch of Wii Us (except much more lucrative in this case).
I'm so sorry for everyone who's order got cancelled. : ( I'd be fuck ing pissed.

Now I'm gonna immediately check my SE pre-order on BB...^^; Because *paranoid*.

i have an idea of how this worked. People arent going to like it. But I am sure they have a automated matrix that did the decisioning of who had theirs stay and who didnt based off customer history with the company and the amount that were left. Would explain how come the times dont matter it seems. If you are going to piss off customers make sure they arent the ones who spend more there.
I spend hundreds of dollars with Amazon a month. I don't think that's it. It definitely seems regional.

So, i can believe that the cancellations can be from shortages (Typical nintendo) but why believe that it's legit? 

Is there like a direct source to this? 

Scared of getting mine cancelled but i can't believe it just because one person said it. 

So, i can believe that the cancellations can be from shortages (Typical nintendo) but why believe that it's legit?

Is there like a direct source to this?

Scared of getting mine cancelled but i can't believe it just because one person said it.
But more than one person posted their cancellations/complaints on here. The sources are the accounts of fellow CAGs.

But more than one person posted their cancellations/complaints on here. The sources are the accounts of fellow CAGs.
I mean i'm not saying the contrary, just that there has been cancellations, same thing happened with FE CE back when it launched. There was a bunch of cancellations, but does that really mean that Amazon did lose/got stolen the shipments from this specific CE?

It's just weird how it spreads like wildfire just because theres cancellations. It could be, like i said in my post, Nintendo being Nintendo.

I love how on Neogaf theres all those rumor posts about it being related to the whole stolen Switch scenario (Especially since one of their users was involved in that)

Been reading the gaf thread, love how they shit on cag -_-  I'll be stunned if gamestop doesn't cancel master editions as well. It was available on there for hours with a purchase limit of 10. 

I just came here to see if anyone else's master edition order got cancelled. I guess I'm not the only one. Thanks for the $10 giftcard though Amazon. :wall:
Whats worse is you cant even use it to preorder the standard version as of right now. Why else would anyone buy a switch day 1? Its actually insulting. Bestbuy would have given the game for free or a 50 giftcard.

Nowinstock showing the UK LE available for the past 10 minutes, must have only been up for a minute because I've been refreshing and nothing. Darn.

Sorry to hear about all the cancellations. I know many of you including myself stayed up pretty much all night to "guarantee" our order. Mine is still safe for now *crosses fingers*. Not sure what algorithm Amazon uses though. I've been a Prime member forever and also an Amazon Credit Card holder for a bit now too. I spend a pretty decent amount there every year. I live in Texas? Not sure why I've been spared. I can confirm my confirmation came in at 2:24 AM 

In a sense I blame Nintendo who always does this BS to us. IE: FE Fates SE last year...

Sorry to hear about all the cancellations. I know many of you including myself stayed up pretty much all night to "guarantee" our order. Mine is still safe for now *crosses fingers*. Not sure what algorithm Amazon uses though. I've been a Prime member forever and also an Amazon Credit Card holder for a bit now too. I spend a pretty decent amount there every year. I live in Texas? Not sure why I've been spared. I can confirm my confirmation came in at 2:24 AM

In a sense I blame Nintendo who always does this BS to us. IE: FE Fates SE last year...
I had a fire emblem fates cancelled last year on me. It sucked and I had to do some serious hunting that last week just to land 1

Whats worse is you cant even use it to preorder the standard version as of right now. Why else would anyone buy a switch day 1? Its actually insulting. Bestbuy would have given the game for free or a 50 giftcard.
I agree. It is infuriating.

At least I can find solace in assuming there are some ebay sellers who already sold their cancelled preorders a while ago. They are going to have some really happy customers.

For those who had their MEs canceled but really want the Master Sword statue. Another option is to set an page monitor alert on Amazon UK for the PAL LE (which comes with the Master Sword statue as well). I set the alert as soon as my ME was canceled from Amazon at 735pm CST. And Amazon UK alerted me 3 separate times already in the past 3 hours of the PAL LE version coming back in stock. I was able to nab one as a backup now that my Bestbuy ME is the last remaining open preorder.
Huh.. Wish I'd known that sooner, I'd rather have the sword than the sheikah case.. o_O;

Make a big enough stink about it so it becomes an internet story and Amazon will give greater compensation, I guarantee it.

Once it hits Kotaku or whatever, it's over. Amazon in damage control mode, which means consumers benefit.

Make a big enough stink about it so it becomes an internet story and Amazon will give greater compensation, I guarantee it.

Once it hits Kotaku or whatever, it's over. Amazon in damage control mode, which means consumers benefit.
Forums like gaf and reddit have over 20 page threads on the subject. Amazon corporate is definitely aware of how big this is.

Your Amazon.com order of  "Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts Limited Edition" has shipped!  :D/

from earlier tonight.

Wait, which version of zelda is getting cancelled?

I have the SE pre-ordered from the day they announced it...should I be worrying?

master editions on ebay cheapest buy it now is $350 now, breaks 400 I'm letting mine go pay for my switch!
I sold mine for 440, covered shipping but still a profit of $280 covers almost the entire Switch and using the visa deal I only paid 37 bucks for Zelda. I wasn't even strapped for cash but to me it was an easy decision and the wife can't complain that I have too many games.

I sold mine for 440, covered shipping but still a profit of $280 covers almost the entire Switch and using the visa deal I only paid 37 bucks for Zelda. I wasn't even strapped for cash but to me it was an easy decision and the wife can't complain that I have too many games.
Did you preorder that at retail? Or did you buy it online? I'm just curious, as more often than not, these items arrived damaged from online retailers, and I doubt a buyer who spent that amount is looking for anything less than perfect.

Even getting it from retail locally, I've seen many damages at BB and GS over the years, depending on how they where shipped. That seems like a huge risk in the end, but good price none the less.

Been reading the gaf thread, love how they shit on cag -_- I'll be stunned if gamestop doesn't cancel master editions as well. It was available on there for hours with a purchase limit of 10.
I read a bit and I didn't see any shitting. I see factual observation. There is a lot more scalpers on here than there used to be.

Zelda arts and artifacts le still up for pre order. Nowinstock shows its oos but i went all the way to the final checkout. Just fyi

"Hello,

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition - Nintendo Switch

We have canceled the additional quantities you requested, but appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com"

I only ordered one, but thanks for rubbing salt in my wounds Amazon!

I almost had a fucking heart attack. I got an e-mail from Amazon telling me about the limit of 1 and thanking me for "my interest" in the product. My order is still in tact for now (only 1 Master edition)...

Just got this email. What's weird is I only ordered 1 and my order isn't cancelled yet

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition - Nintendo Switch

We have canceled the additional quantities you requested, but appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Edit too slow

If I'm able to secure an Amazon UK Limited Edition order, does anyone know anywhere I can unload the UK copy of the game? Are there people who collect that sort of stuff in the US?

bread's done
Back