Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Wtf Amazon, got the email this morning about them limiting Masters Edition to only one per customer. Well you canceled my 1 that I ordered you fuckers. And still wanted to remind me this morning.

If I'm able to secure an Amazon UK Limited Edition order, does anyone know anywhere I can unload the UK copy of the game? Are there people who collect that sort of stuff in the US?
Could sell it on Craigslist for $10 less than MSRP pretty easily depending on your area.

Or trade in at GameStop when they're having a trade bonus (or Amazon/BestBuy, I suppose). Since GameStop takes cart-only trades and the carts are region-free and will look similar at a glance, it'd be little trouble at all.

If I'm able to secure an Amazon UK Limited Edition order, does anyone know anywhere I can unload the UK copy of the game? Are there people who collect that sort of stuff in the US?
There is definitely a niche market but you can sell it. I've imported both Hyrule Warriors Legends CE from Japan and Majora's Mask 3D CE from Europe and was able to unload both. One on eBay and one locally. You just need to be reasonable with the cost.

The good news is that since it's region free you will have a lot easier time selling it now.

Wtf Amazon, got the email this morning about them limiting Masters Edition to only one per customer. Well you canceled my 1 that I ordered you fuckers. And still wanted to remind me this morning.
I got the same e-mail this morning saying they're limiting my order to 1.

I only ever ordered 1 copy. Order is still alive for me though. for now....

Could sell it on Craigslist for $10 less than MSRP pretty easily depending on your area.

Or trade in at GameStop when they're having a trade bonus (or Amazon/BestBuy, I suppose). Since GameStop takes cart-only trades and the carts are region-free and will look similar at a glance, it'd be little trouble at all.
There is definitely a niche market but you can sell it. I've imported both Hyrule Warriors Legends CE from Japan and Majora's Mask 3D CE from Europe and was able to unload both. One on eBay and one locally. You just need to be reasonable with the cost.

The good news is that since it's region free you will have a lot easier time selling it now.
Thanks y'all. Having helpful CAGs around lessens the sting.

Sounds like that email is a mass email for anyone that ordered the Master Edition. Even if they ordered one. I wouldn't fret about it.
That's exactly what they do, as I've gotten the email in the past for single orders, when they mention multiples in the message. They just send it to any and everybody who ordered the particular item.

Did you preorder that at retail? Or did you buy it online? I'm just curious, as more often than not, these items arrived damaged from online retailers, and I doubt a buyer who spent that amount is looking for anything less than perfect.

Even getting it from retail locally, I've seen many damages at BB and GS over the years, depending on how they where shipped. That seems like a huge risk in the end, but good price none the less.
I preordered for pickup at BestBuy. And if there is any sort of damage I'll probably comp him a little bit, but I've always had success with my Majora's Mask limited and others, so heres to hoping its all good.

I preordered for pickup at BestBuy. And if there is any sort of damage I'll probably comp him a little bit, but I've always had success with my Majora's Mask limited and others, so heres to hoping its all good.
That's cool, as long as you know the risk, It's all good. My track record online and at retail is about 50% in regards to LE being damaged, so I never sale anything until I have it in hand and can post a genuine picture. It sucks, as I loose out on bigger sales(like what you got), but it's just not worth it for me to deal with the buyer, as well as the less than perfect items in the end.

That's cool, as long as you know the risk, It's all good. My track record online and at retail is about 50% in regards to LE being damaged, so I never sale anything until I have it in hand and can post a genuine picture. It sucks, as I loose out on bigger sales(like what you got), but it's just not worth it for me to deal with the buyer, as well as the less than perfect items in the end.
I agree, as I only sell items and have never did a preorder, but I thought the risk outweighed the reward, "free" Nintendo Switch instead of a Master's Edition that would sit on the shelf, or worst case is I refund and have a slightly damaged masters edition for myself. The buyer has over 100 feedback so they obviously no how ebay works.

Man, with this breakout of cancellations and seeing how this is even rarer than originally thought, I don't even know if I'm going to open mine now. I'm thinking it's staying on the shelf and I'm just going to buy a vanilla copy to play. 

Add me to the list of people who had a slight heart attack when they noticed an email from Amazon this morning. Like many, my order's still there, but it's still a good thing I never promised anything from the collection to all of the people asking for parts of it, because who knows if I'll actually end up getting it at this point. I felt guilty enough ordering the Switch at three different retailers to cover myself and only ordered the Master Edition from Amazon, but it looks like I might've been better off also ordering it from Best Buy. I actually cancelled my Gamestop order soon after it went up on Amazon because I wanted the 20% off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, as I only sell items and have never did a preorder, but I thought the risk outweighed the reward, "free" Nintendo Switch instead of a Master's Edition that would sit on the shelf, or worst case is I refund and have a slightly damaged masters edition for myself. The buyer has over 100 feedback so they obviously no how ebay works.
I can't lie, if I could have bought one of these and sold it for what you did, hell, I might have bought an NS as well. Most Ebay buyers in this situation know whats going on, and are pretty good overall. I've had buyers for items that could be bought cheaper elsewhere, and I expected them to cancel, only to keep and praise the transaction.

Then, just this morning, I had to cancel some orders the buyer never paid for, and I never heard back from. And it was for about $20 worth of graphic novels. I'm like, why the fuck did you bid on these books, and then not pay? Man I wish Ebay still allowed for negative feedback on the buyers, as I get so many deadbeats on the regular, but I do deal in pretty high volumes, so I guess it comes with the territory.

Man, with this breakout of cancellations and seeing how this is even rarer than originally thought, I don't even know if I'm going to open mine now. I'm thinking it's staying on the shelf and I'm just going to buy a vanilla copy to play.
I knew this was going to be rare, as they aren't producing numbers based on the 3DS or Wii U, which is normally pretty bad, but on the NS, which is looking at maybe 800,000 users total in the US. I actually had a few chances for the LE set, but I didn't want to deal with the headache, as I knew more than likely any orders would arrive less than perfect, with no chance to be replaced.

I only ordered one but I still received the email I will be pissed if i dont get it i was up at 1 or 2 am to order and ordered in the first 1 min it came online.

do you know if the other retailers will have the master edition available in store (target , walmart, gamestop, best buy), i prefer camping outside the store than paying some scalpers on ebay.

do you know if the other retailers will have the master edition available in store (target , walmart, gamestop, best buy), i prefer camping outside the store than paying some scalpers on ebay.
Nope. Master Edition was online only. Target will have the Special Edition, though. Best Buy and Gamestop possibly as well if I'm not mistaken.

Nope. Master Edition was online only. Target will have the Special Edition, though. Best Buy and Gamestop possibly as well if I'm not mistaken.
damn im a hugeeeee Zelda fan ive been collecting for all my life and i have all the special edition/boxes/etc, i dont want to but this wil be my first time paying a scalper on ebay.

damn im a hugeeeee Zelda fan ive been collecting for all my life and i have all the special edition/boxes/etc, i dont want to but this wil be my first time paying a scalper on ebay.
You could just rob a guy at gamestop picking his up. Just an illegal suggestion, haha. jk.

It's not ideal but you can get the Special Edition from the states, and the Limited Edition from UK and have the whole package. That's my plan now, or at least my hope. The Limited Edition has been going in and out of stock a few times a day at Amazon UK, just gotta be vigilant.

There's also the off chance of getting the very, very small handful of cancelled pre-orders that pop up online at release. But that will be near impossible.

"Your Amazon.com Order"

"Hello,

Due to high demand and potentially limited supply, at this time we are limiting all orders of the following item(s) to 1 per customer:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition - Nintendo Switch

We have canceled the additional quantities you requested, but appreciate your interest in the product(s) listed above.

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com
"

I had a heart attack so hard when first reading the subject to the email
My order isn't cancel but I didn't order extra copies either.

I'm gonna be eyeing everyone when I pick mine up from GameStop now lol.
You should already be doing this at any console release or limited edition pick up.
I had people in my family almost got rob over an Xbox 360 that was going to be common to find later.

I would had avoided gamestop if I had the money for amazon originally

Ok so the Switch is region free.  But the big question is... are people with EU copies of a game going to be able to use in-game internet connectivity with people who buy a US copy? 

You know how on the Playstation an EU version is considered a different version than a NA version, and games don't recognize each other as being the same game. 

Anyone know?

Ok so the Switch is region free. But the big question is... are people with EU copies of a game going to be able to use in-game internet connectivity with people who buy a US copy?

You know how on the Playstation an EU version is considered a different version of a NA version, and games don't recognize each other as being the same game.

Anyone know?
I'm taking a guess on this, lobbies and servers will be region base with the whole portable feature being a huge thing.

Do not update your shipping or payment information on Amazon
My order was just cancel by Amazon while updating my shipping information.

While they're going to reinstate the order within 3-5 days but I had to fight just to get them to do that.
Did you do this to the SE or ME?

I just updated my payment and delivery address for my SE preorder on Amazon now and my order is still intact.

I'm debating about doing it for my ME preorder.

I'm more interested in the exciting conclusion to all this drama than I ever was in the game itself. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Was looking through reddit and somebody got the following response from Amazon, it's interesting because of the specific quantities given. If these numbers are accurate and all 3 retailers got similar amounts of Masters Editions allocated to them, then only approximately 5000 Masters Editions were made.

Amazon response
As you know this item have limited inventory. Unfortunately the supply for some items will be limited and they sellout quickly. Sometimes, unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. Though the item is out of stock, we do list the item and receive the order. Once we receive the order we will immediately contact the supplier to obtain the item. Sometimes as the case like yours shipped to failed to obtain the item.

When we contacted to the manufacturer for the orders quantity, the number was 2900. So manufacturer fulfilled only that many orders. After that many customer placed an order for this item and we also contacted for these orders. However the previous orders are still pending hence these orders are not able to fulfilled.You are not the only customer whose order was canceled. Total 1235 orders was canceled because they are not able to fulfilled by the manufacturer. Manufacturer do not fulfill the remaining amount hence we need to cancel the other orders.

We also try to get more inventory from the manufacturer.If we'll receive more inventory, we'll inform you and ask you to place an order.

I got an email today saying my order was cancelled because I ordered more than one(I didn't).

Then I checked and my order wasn't actually cancelled.

So.... yeah.

Was looking through reddit and somebody got the following response from Amazon, it's interesting because of the specific quantities given. If these numbers are accurate and all 3 retailers got similar amounts of Masters Editions allocated to them, then only approximately 5000 Masters Editions were made.

Amazon response
As you know this item have limited inventory. Unfortunately the supply for some items will be limited and they sellout quickly. Sometimes, unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. Though the item is out of stock, we do list the item and receive the order. Once we receive the order we will immediately contact the supplier to obtain the item. Sometimes as the case like yours shipped to failed to obtain the item.

When we contacted to the manufacturer for the orders quantity, the number was 2900. So manufacturer fulfilled only that many orders. After that many customer placed an order for this item and we also contacted for these orders. However the previous orders are still pending hence these orders are not able to fulfilled.You are not the only customer whose order was canceled. Total 1235 orders was canceled because they are not able to fulfilled by the manufacturer. Manufacturer do not fulfill the remaining amount hence we need to cancel the other orders.

We also try to get more inventory from the manufacturer.If we'll receive more inventory, we'll inform you and ask you to place an order.
If that's true it's going to be worth a fortune. The made over 40K Fire Emblem Fates SE's.

I got an email today saying my order was cancelled because I ordered more than one(I didn't).

Then I checked and my order wasn't actually cancelled.

So.... yeah.
Do those that didn't get cancel know what time you ordered?
They have me as ordering at 12:26 am

Mini heart attack when I got the email, just said that it was limited to 1 per person due to the high demand, immediately verified my order and it's still there, fuck that was scary shit.

Guarantee plenty will pop up on here. At least pay a little less to a cag scalper ;)
thats what im hoping, that someone sells his master edition here because not being a Zelda fan, im paying less that ebay but a lot more than amazon.

It's not ideal but you can get the Special Edition from the states, and the Limited Edition from UK and have the whole package. That's my plan now, or at least my hope. The Limited Edition has been going in and out of stock a few times a day at Amazon UK, just gotta be vigilant.

There's also the off chance of getting the very, very small handful of cancelled pre-orders that pop up online at release. But that will be near impossible.
the US master edition box looks very cool, dont get me wrong the special editions are special too :p but i prefer the master edtion, and buying almost the same edtion 2 times is going to be the better option at the end of the day.

I might crack and drop 350 now. This thing has pandemic edition written all over it.
Not really, remember the PAL and JP LE has the Master Sword as well whereas you can only get that rare Joel/Ellie statue from Post Pandemic edition.

If there really is only 5,000 of these made, you're a fool to sell for less than $400. This will skyrocket in due time.

Well Gamestop could've gotten more allocation than Amazon and Bestbuy. Nintendo like to do that apparently. But it's probably pretty safe to say definitely under 10k copies for Masters Edition.

Do those that didn't get cancel know what time you ordered?
They have me as ordering at 12:26 am
Is that the time you got the email or the time you ordered?

Because I got my email at like 3:27 am, but I remember having like a 5 minute delay in getting the order. All my Amazon emails were delayed for some reason that night.

bread's done
Back