Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Just checked my Best Buy orders as well, and it turns out I didn't order the ME from them. Oh well, worth a shot. :p
I forgot what I did because I stayed up late for the Switch reveal, then later for all the preorders. So at that point I was falling asleep, just waiting for things to go live.

Just a heads up for anyone considering importing the Limited Edition from Amazon UK, the total for me came out to $102.97. So you can potentially get the whole package for about $200 if you get a Special Edition as well.

Obviously not ideal, but better than ME eBay prices.

Just a heads up for anyone considering importing the Limited Edition from Amazon UK, the total for me came out to $102.97. So you can potentially get the whole package for about $200 if you get a Special Edition as well.

But you miss out on that cool looking black box :p

You can also sell the UK version of the game since it's region free, so you're probably looking closer to $150 total cost. You miss out on the exterior box, but all the contents would be identical.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also sell the UK version of the game since it's region free, so you're probably looking closer to $150 total cost.
Hopefully. It does have different game box art, and the CD has different art as well I think, so I'm hoping some collectors on here will be willing to pick those up. Maybe they want the big ass box it comes in, too.

Just got this email from Dell, not surprised:

[SIZE=small]Dear Valued Customer,[/SIZE]

We regret to inform you that your recent order for Legend of Zelda:  Breath of the Wild Special Edition - Nintendo Switch has been cancelled and cannot be fulfilled because we have sold out of this product. No further action is required on your part and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Your payment method will not be charged for the item. In the event you have already been charged for the item, a credit will be promptly issued. Any authorization hold on your credit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution's holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

[SIZE=small]Regards,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Dell Customer Care[/SIZE]

Here's some stock numbers for my Best Buy store for those interested. Parentheses = Number of Preorders:

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 165 (34)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition 23 (19)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Edition 1 (1)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U 42 (5)

Keep things in perspective, guys. It's just stuff. I mean, stuff is cool and fun and all, but don't stake your well-being on having it. 

Here's some stock numbers for my Best Buy store for those interested. Parentheses = Number of Preorders:

Looks like ME really is limited considering your store only got 1 pre-ordered and its completely sold out everywhere. I'm really hoping the 5,000 qty reference earlier on this thread is true, it'll make it very valuable and rare...

Hmmm still no cancellation email from Dell yet. I ordered right as it was announced here though. But still expecting cancellations

<p>

That should alleviate some fears that the standard edition won't be well supplied. Interesting though that the standard edition on Amazon is still oos. Thanks for sharing bud.

Don't worry guys. The Master Edition cancellations are part of the marketing for the sequel to Heist (2015). I'm sure they'll come back.....maybe

QgpupID.jpg

Dang, just got cancellation email. Strange part is mine says "as requested.. your items have been cancelled" WTF, I didn't request it. Lol.

I don't know if its been discussed yet.  But I wonder if the Wii U version will be worth picking up for rarity/collector value?  I mean, I know it's not crazy rare, but I wonder if it'll be scooped up and lost to the ether shortly after release without a reprint? 

As I'm becoming less and less enthralled with the Switch, I should plan on picking up a copy for the Wii U sooner rather than later. 

I don't know if its been discussed yet. But I wonder if the Wii U version will be worth picking up for rarity/collector value? I mean, I know it's not crazy rare, but I wonder if it'll be scooped up and lost to the ether shortly after release without a reprint?

As I'm becoming less and less enthralled with the Switch, I should plan on picking up a copy for the Wii U sooner rather than later.
yea I've herd people asking same question. as far as Wiiu games go it'll prob be a hard to find game in a couple years. They'll be plenty out there but like nintendo always does it won't be enough and value will spike once people realize they stopped printing them.

This is what the free double-sided poster at Best Buy looks like next to Art and Artifacts for size comparison.

Dang, just got cancellation email. Strange part is mine says "as requested.. your items have been cancelled" WTF, I didn't request it. Lol.
The cancellation email I received also says, "As requested, some or all of the items in this order have been cancelled."

I'm wondering if Dell told the credit-card companies that the buyers cancelled the orders so that the buyers take the hit on their metrics instead of Dell taking the hit. Anyone know anything about this?

The cancellation email I received also says, "As requested, some or all of the items in this order have been cancelled."

I'm wondering if Dell told the credit-card companies that the buyers cancelled the orders so that the buyers take the hit on their metrics instead of Dell taking the hit. Anyone know anything about this?[/quote]

That could be possible so they don't get hit with people claiming false advertising I guess. Im not 100% sure though. I really find it strange the first emails that went out were apologizing that they were out of stock. Then later emails act as if the customer requested the cancellation.

I'm wondering if Dell told the credit-card companies that the buyers cancelled the orders so that the buyers take the hit on their metrics instead of Dell taking the hit. Anyone know anything about this?

That could be possible so they don't get hit with people claiming false advertising I guess. Im not 100% sure though. I really find it strange the first emails that went out were apologizing that they were out of stock. Then later emails act as if the customer requested the cancellation.
[/QUOTE]I think it's just a generic response they send out. Said same thing with the cheap SSD's that very few got.

I think it's just a generic response they send out. Said same thing with the cheap SSD's that very few got.
I get that the email is probably automated and generic. But that is no excuse to have inaccurate wording in the email. Fix your shitty system, Dell, you terrible, terrible company.

How late is Best Buy staying open? I want to grab my stuff at Gamestop first before I head over
I'm wondering this too. I've got the console paid for at Gamestop and a few games and accessories at Best Buy. Not sure which one I should wait in line for and which one I should hope stays open later.

Sorry for crap lighting but you get the jist:

http://imgur.com/a/7SK3V

There were 5 stations you had to go to and answer some basic trivia. Once you did all 5 you got the pin. They had a station with those 2 drawings so you could do some coloring. I grabbed them for my wife.

I threw in the GameStop ad at the end because I was out flipping today. I didn't know about the puzzle and I really want it. 1000 piece glorious puzzle would be really fun to do with my wife.

I'm wondering this too. I've got the console paid for at Gamestop and a few games and accessories at Best Buy. Not sure which one I should wait in line for and which one I should hope stays open later.
All 3 Gamestops I went to today gave me the impression they were closing ASAP once everyone got their stuff. I feel Best Buy will be open later so I am going there second

bread's done
Back