Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

If I order it for in store pickup is there a chance they'll put a pick up sticker on the game box?
Possibly, but my online Walmart pick-ups are usually in their own shipping box.

Then again there's also a chance they'll put it in their stock room underneath a dresser and a box of spoiled baby food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still available and you can buy a 100 of them. Looks to be a glitch unless nintendo decided to mass produce the special edition.

The gamestop poster for BOTW looks really lame. the switch system on the bottom left, logos all over the place in almost every corner, just the same art as the front cover, nothing unique or special. Its just some random advertisement poster they would have put up on their store window. :/
Yup which is why I want the one from BB.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna get that Zelda poster at BB. Gonna be tough. Don't wanna do midnight though. Got work in the morning.

I'm not sure how I'm gonna get that Zelda poster at BB. Gonna be tough. Don't wanna do midnight though. Got work in the morning.
Your best bet is to try and catch a store that didn't give them out, or forgot about them. I've gone to GS sometimes and asked about preorder give away items, and sometime they never even opened the package. Or customers didn't bother to ask when picking up their game.

Plus, a lot of buyers might not even be concerned with getting a poster, so they may have some left here and there, you might have to check around though.

Sweet as shipping notices for Wii U version of BOTW and Zelda BOTW statue from BestBuy (both for my collection).

Spent a small fortune but saved big at the same time thanks to seven different orders using $25 Visa checkout for Zelda / Switch items.

Thank you Visa and BestBuy :D/

art and artifacts standard is $20.37 now at amazon. Probably close to the best price it will ever be.  I think hyrule historia hit $17-$18 a few times but it also has a $5 lower msrp.

also getting the order display problem, but shows open orders fine.

I am getting that as well.
I am, have about 8 open orders with Amazon at the moment. Only 2 of which are Zelda related(CE and Deluxe guides).
I don't think this has anything to do with the preordered stuff, in case people are thinking that - Amazon is just having issues right now. For instance S3: https://status.aws.amazon.com/

Increased Error Rates
We are investigating increased error rates for Amazon S3 requests in the US-EAST-1 Region.
I know nobody was saying that's what they thought, but I just thought I would point it out that I think this is an Amazon wide issue and not a pre-order issue that will screw with your stuff.

At least most of you are doing better than I am. I haven't had any "preparing for shipment" or "shipping" emails/notifications. My deluxe guide doesn't even have a delivery estimate. My Walmart SE order is processing. The Link statue is processing, I think. My LE from Amazon UK is also around the same. I haven't heard anything from my Neon joycons either. At least my amiibos and my Switch are okay in-store. Best of luck to everyone else. I'm getting all kinds of anxiety.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sweet as shipping notices for Wii U version of BOTW and Zelda BOTW statue from BestBuy (both for my collection).

Spent a small fortune but saved big at the same time thanks to seven different orders using $25 Visa checkout for Zelda / Switch items.

Thank you Visa and BestBuy :D/
Same here...on everything....hope the game gets here before Friday!

Man, every time I read someone's order change to ship I'm like:
one-does-not-simply-pre-order-something-without-checking-at-least-3165358.png

Might just buy Zelda Wii U in store when I go to pick up my Zelda SE, then return the copy I'm waiting to be shipped to me later.

A non-preordered ME showed up at a GameStop in GA according to Blackbeard in the GameStop thread. Odds are super slim but if you're desperate might as well keep an eye on that.

Trying to figure out my chances of waiting in line at a store for a chance to get the Master Edition. Might wait out at Fry's and try my luck.
Fry's isn't selling the Master Edition. It's Amazon, Gamestop, and Best Buy, online only.

The only other store that might have some is the Nintendo Store in NYC, but I don't think they've said anything about it yet.

Oh well that sucks. It's going to be a mad house at both Gamestop and BestBuy. Guess I'll drive to an out of the way Gamestop and try my luck.
Most Gamestops aren't even getting any extra SE in-store, you can call and ask though. I checked and every single one near me is only getting the pre-ordered amount.

Chances of getting a ME in a store are probably below 0%. Gamestop and Best Buy never meant to take any non-online orders but they are at least fulfilling the few orders that got through.

Was almost able to check out with a UK LE just now, but was stopped at the last page.  Now button is gone, so maybe they had a few left.

Just noticed on the digital pages, it shows the WiiU version at 1.1GB download and the switch version requiring 13.4GB.  Could that difference really be real?  Seems like a whole lot of cutscenes or something exclusive to switch to make it that different.

edit: nevermind, I just did get an order through. seems to be back again

Weird that it said some lightning deal discount was removed from my order.  This is on a lightning deal because it was so unpopular! haha  And doesn't seem to have a limit.  Don't want to try another order but it seems to let me.

Was almost able to check out with a UK LE just now, but was stopped at the last page. Now button is gone, so maybe they had a few left.

Just noticed on the digital pages, it shows the WiiU version at 1.1GB download and the switch version requiring 13.4GB. Could that difference really be real? Seems like a whole lot of cutscenes or something exclusive to switch to make it that different.

edit: nevermind, I just did get an order through. seems to be back again

Weird that it said some lightning deal discount was removed from my order. This is on a lightning deal because it was so unpopular! haha And doesn't seem to have a limit. Don't want to try another order but it seems to let me.
I manage one yesterday and was surprised that so much was taken off bc of the remove of the U.K. Tax, but was bummed that the shipping was about the amount the taxes was. U get a lot less for only $15 less, or more if u happened to get it at BN w/ GCU, in order total over the Master.
In past I've paid maybe $4-$6 in shipping.
Thinking back on those orders the shipping fee almost always covered what u got as a break from no U.K. Tax.

At least I got a statue.

Is the switch going to be like the 3ds xl, that is regional so u can use a Japanese or European game in a USA unit.

Now I'm not sure the 15 lbs in the price dropped when placed in cart was a tax thing or a price drop.
It keeps popping in and out of being able to preorder and in my cart the price was about 2 lb lower.
I wonder if it's unpopular bc u don't get as much as one or even the special edition.

If u really want the sword, I would keep trying the U.K. Amazon site, it becomes available on and off. Current the preorder button works but fails when it's in your cart.

bread's done
Back