Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

The 2lb off is a coupon that's added automatically for prime members
Ur right I took the temp membership option in settings up the second order.

Yesterday after getting the order thru on Amazon U.K., I decided to give Nintendo store U.K. a shot.
It still had the limited available for preorder. I added to my cart, but in cart it only had delivery.

I went to USA site and of course it was OOS.

I've got my order in for EU limited and US special, so I guess I just need to eBay the extra game when they arrive. I was hoping a couple more master would pop up to avoid that hassle.

I've got my order in for EU limited and US special, so I guess I just need to eBay the extra game when they arrive. I was hoping a couple more master would pop up to avoid that hassle.
There's always hope. :pray:

Just don't sleep or leave the house for the next few days, and you should able to snag one if they pop-up for 30 seconds!

Price changes because of conversion rate. Also, the Switch is region-free.
As far as the 15 lb coming off it was the price before conversion. If u looked closely while in ur cart, I believe where the picture is the price was 74, but in the summary section it was $89. In the cart it was 74 + 15 shipping and the conversion was about $115.

As I'm typing I got an instock alert for an amiibo at Walmart, they jacked up the price from $15 to 16.45. They did the same thing with the Pikachu 3ds xl, they jacked up the price from $199 to $249 just bf release. Amazon followed suit. I wonder if they'll do the same with the Switch?

As far as the 15 lb coming off it was the price before conversion. If u looked closely while in ur cart, I believe where the picture is the price was 74, but in the summary section it was $89. In the cart it was 74 + 15 shipping and the conversion was about $115.
Price comes off before conversion because it's being shipped to the US. This is usually the case with most things I order from Amazon UK. Price increases for some countries, lowers for others.

Price comes off before conversion because it's being shipped to the US. This is usually the case with most things I order from Amazon UK. Price increases for some countries, lowers for others.
That's exactly what I said in my original post, the $15 is the U.K. Tax and it gets instantly refunded when shipped outside. It's the same as the Eva, tax, in Europe that, unlike in 🇺🇸 , is automatically add to products so when u walk into a store u flat out know what your paying. Not like here in 🇺🇸 where the price doesn't include the tax already.
So it's gets refunded when sent outside the country, NO TAX WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!!

BTW it's available for preorder again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does GameStop always charge u a shipping fee when shipping to store if you don't cancel ur order and fail to pick it up.
I ordered RiME and I'm not sure I want it and I couldn't cancel it on mobile. When that message popped up, I read the fine print and it said there was a $5 fee for not picking up preorder after 2 or 3 days after release.

I'm liking GS less and less and really want to get a system someplace else and cancel my order with them.

flGx1MJ.png

Strange, they must have raised the prices to US. My price as of a week ago was £79.63, £77.63 after Prime discount. That seems weird. Maybe it increased because of all the US orders for this item?
I don't if the price ur quoting is bf shipping charges or not. If it prior, which is what I think it is, the 77 price is after they adjusting the price bc it's going out of country to the , the 89 is bf discount. The list price was 89 and I don't think I've seen Amazon lower it, I was trying to get it for a while.
Someone stated he ordered one and got a message about how the lightning deal didn't apply to orders, other than that everyone has gotten it at $89, discounted to $77 or so in cart.

Sorry, the price I listed was after shipping. 66.66 before shipping. To get the prime discount you have to apply for a UK Prime trial.
Sorry to interrupt ur conversation, but I tried to look for ur original post but could find it and don't know how to use search etc on this site yet.
What product are u talking about was 66 in Amazon U.K.?
Thx

Thanks for the video share Ferrari. (Spanish speaker here) They really were impressed with the entire set. They loved the texture of the map. Mentioned the statue has some weight to it. Both agreed it was one of the best collectors editions they have seen in quite some time. 

Sorry to interrupt ur conversation, but I tried to look for ur original post but could find it and don't know how to use search etc on this site yet.
What product are u talking about was 66 in Amazon U.K.?
Thx
Zelda Limited Edition. £66.66 before shipping, £77.63 final price.

Both my Master & Special Edition from Amazon are "arriving" March 9-11th. Is that how it is with everyone else? Same with my Switch Console. Wondering if that will change today or ... I'm boned for a week. 

Both my Master & Special Edition from Amazon are "arriving" March 9-11th. Is that how it is with everyone else? Same with my Switch Console. Wondering if that will change today or ... I'm boned for a week.
My special from amazon shows arriving friday, but not yet shipped. Debating if I should cancel my uk limited. Seems like a bad value for just the statue, game and cd for $115 in comparison and seeing those unboxing videos made me realize just how big these boxes are going to be.

People who has their Master edition ordered from Gamestop, does your order still say open?  No changes to status as far as preparing to ship? 

Anyone else's Amazon Master Edition set for March 9-12th? It had the correct date a week ago. I'm wondering if this is their way of saying my order got cancelled without actually cancelling it? No email, my gift card balance is at $0. 

Zelda Limited Edition. £66.66 before shipping, £77.63 final price.
I'm surprised bc when placing order it clearly states if price drops bf release we will get the lowest price.
I thought that meant going forward and backwards. I'm hoping so if it went down to that. I don't remember seeing that during whole time I've been looking.
Percentage wise that's a big difference in price. I might cancel mine just on principle of deal.

On SD they posted Walmart has had the special since 6:30 this morning.
I'm holding out for BB bc I have GCU, that kinda also makes the U.K. Price even less worth to me, bc the Master would be $110 and the special around $80. I already got burned with art book by Amazon, they seem to match lowest price for bf release, but not after. I had to fight them to give me the price at $68 and now when up it's $66.
But then again I'd have one of the swords.

Is the special suppose to be a limited run, bc I'd rather wait to get theBB at a later date.

Ordered a Wii U version for in-store pickup at Best Buy.  Was hoping the console reviews would convince me to get a Switch now, rather than wait for Splatoon 2. 

Sadly, they didn't...so I'll play on the Wii U.  If BotW turns out to be amazing, maybe I'll replay someday when I do have a Switch.

I'm new to this pre order stuff and in using this site so I don't know if I'm repeating a discussion.

I bought the art books from Amazon in preorders, with the low price guarantee if price drops prior to release.
I thought as a prime member this continued for two weeks after release.
First the big book dropped in price between the hour I placed my order and my wife did hers. I expected to see my price drop on shipping, but no. I had to call and they made such a big deal over it and sorry for my confusion. That's my confusion, as if I'm wrong about the whole issue!!!
Then it drops even further.
Now with the cheaper hard cover, a few days after release, it's in stock and never goes out, like it was doing bf release. The price dropped over $3, that's about 15%.
Based on these two orders, Amazon screws you over for preordering books.
Is this the case and people have noticed this in past?
I preordered the books bc of the frenzy I saw on these chat sites and my nephews recommendation that that's how he does it to make sure to get book.
Now he tells me he cancelled his preorders and that the price drop is what usually happens.
I thought Zelda was extremely popular

I have the SE pre-ordered at BB.  Out of principle, I am thinking of cancelling this Amazon UK order.  I should only be paying $24 more to get the statue.  This way is a lot more expensive, as I'm not sure how much I can sell the game and other extras for (keeping just the statue). 

I'm not saying I'm entitled to a Master Edition.  I clearly, however, do not agree with how the big N handled all this.  The ME was ridiculously underproduced.  They could have made way more and still sold out.  Instead, while sure some ME went to people that actually wanted it, most were hoarded by scalpers.  It's disgusting.

This is what the free double-sided poster at Best Buy looks like next to Art and Artifacts for size comparison.

Noticed that the GameStop one looks different than what was expected before. Quoting old post to show difference.

[attachment=25689:IMG_2978.PNG]

I think once the status changes to preparing, you're good.  That should mean it's reserved or already packed and ready to label.  They just have to time the shipments so nothing gets delivered ahead of the street date.

bread's done
Back