Zelda DS Lite Bundle $149.99

banpeikun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
65 (100%)
Apparently confirmed (and Nintendogs). From a BF thread in the video game deals forum:

doubund.JPG

Nice!

I need a better picture... if it's as gold as the one at the NWS, I'll probably bite. Just need to see what the market is for a DS Phat now.

Interesting. I might upgrade my DS for the zelda DSL. Still debating if I'll wait for a blue one though.

I like the zelda one too bad I already got the game I guess i'll trade the one in the bundle.

$129.99 is not bad I wished it was just priced at that so I didn't have to worry about rebate stuff. >.

Ugh...why gold, why not Link green!?...damn it I still want it though need confirmation to see if I should ebay/trade my Brain Age red/black DS.

lol I was about to cme here and say I talked to a Nintendo rep today and she said it was a BF thing. I just hope it looks good in person....

[quote name='banpeikun']BF thing as in it will only be available for BF or what[/QUOTE]

I hope it's not a BF exclusive.. and that the launch date is just BF.

I want it and I agree with LinkinPrime, green would be awesome. It would be something new ..

I don't feel the need to upgrade myself, but I've been meaning to get my grandmother a DS Lite for Christmas, and she loves the Zelda series. I'ma gonna be a good granddaughter this year. Makes up for all the times I camped out on her NES, SNES, N64, etc...

[quote name='yukine']Blech, I hate gold. I wanted a "Link green" as well.[/QUOTE]

Same here - been wanting a green DS with a gold triforce on it for a while now. But dammit dammit dammit, why did I have to open my Zelda Phantom Hourglass just so my son could play it for 5 minutes? I should have kept that puppy sealed - could have sold it and then gotten this bundle. I'm sure the Zelda game in the bundle will come in a cardboard sleeve so is relatively unsellable (probably no more than $20 or so, anyway). I guess if I can get this for $150 and sell Zelda for $20 then it is the same cost as a regular DS.

Is this going to be the regular pricing, though, or some BF special? Because I sure as hell am not going out on BF this time, especially if it is only available then (at that price, anyway) - they'll be long gone before I ever get to the front of a line. It seems odd for Nintendo to include Zelda for only $20 extra though. I'd expect this to retail for $159.99 at a minimum. Now to check on preorders...

Nice, but I definitely would have preferred green. The yellow of the Tri-Force would pop better against a darker color.

[quote name='io']Same here - been wanting a green DS with a gold triforce on it for a while now. But dammit dammit dammit, why did I have to open my Zelda Phantom Hourglass just so my son could play it for 5 minutes? I should have kept that puppy sealed - could have sold it and then gotten this bundle. I'm sure the Zelda game in the bundle will come in a cardboard sleeve so is relatively unsellable (probably no more than $20 or so, anyway). I guess if I can get this for $150 and sell Zelda for $20 then it is the same cost as a regular DS.

Is this going to be the regular pricing, though, or some BF special? Because I sure as hell am not going out on BF this time, especially if it is only available then (at that price, anyway) - they'll be long gone before I ever get to the front of a line. It seems odd for Nintendo to include Zelda for only $20 extra though. I'd expect this to retail for $159.99 at a minimum. Now to check on preorders...[/quote]the last bundle (BA2) came with the game in full retail packaging.

[quote name='banpeikun']the last bundle (BA2) came with the game in full retail packaging.[/quote]and that monstrosity of a box, ah well i might jump on this bundle anyways

the Donkey Kong and SPongbob GBA were black friday only so it is possible the Zelda bundle could be limited too

[quote name='62t']the Donkey Kong and SPongbob GBA were black friday only so it is possible the Zelda bundle could be limited too[/quote]Ugh... hopefully it's at every retailer then (seems like it would be since it will be at Sears and FYE), and I have some other reason to wake up early that morning.

[quote name='wageslave']a DS lite would look bitching in pewter[/QUOTE]

Or silver.

I swear to god I'm going to have to import one, and as soon as they do, the next day NOA announces it for the US. -___-

[quote name='fuss']Best Buy SKU 8600187
$149.99
Street Daye 11/24/07

:applause:[/quote]apparently buy.com has got the msrp wrong hten

They are indeed going to be $149.99 & ready for PO at Game Crazy. I did mine the other day. I also talked to our Nintendo rep & she says it will be gold & have the triforce in the corner (as some pictures have been posted in the forum).

[quote name='ctice44']They are indeed going to be $149.99 & ready for PO at Game Crazy. I did mine the other day. I also talked to our Nintendo rep & she says it will be gold & have the triforce in the corner (as some pictures have been posted in the forum).[/QUOTE]

Holy ****! Thanks a ton - I'm preordering there ASAP. Cheap credit for a Gold DS and Zelda (even though I already have the game) is awesome!

Dropped $50 on a Gamecrazy preorder for this Monday. I have a feeling this may be hard to get before Christmas, especially if the $149.99 price is correct (thus a $20 Zelda in addition to the different DS).

Hopefully Gamecrazy gets these. Of course, they got scads of the Star Wars PSP (which I preordered but ended up returning - don't play my old PSP so I really didn't need another, as cool as it is).

I had DS LITE & i already owned the game. No reason to upgrade GOLD DS .... Tempting. I'll be Limited Edition & hard to find item .... Argh! I may get new DS and give DS LITE to my nephew.

Hmmm, I wonder if I should eBay my 20th anniversary edition gameboy micro to get some funds for this? I should be able to get a good chunk of change...

Looking more and more like this is going to be a pretty ugly yellow as the ads have shown. I'll reserve final judgement until I've seen it in my Black Friday travels. $140 at CC that day.

[quote name='botticus']Looking more and more like this is going to be a pretty ugly yellow as the ads have shown. I'll reserve final judgement until I've seen it in my Black Friday travels. $140 at CC that day.[/QUOTE]

No! Don't say that... Man, how could they make it ugly. You'd think they would nail this thing. It needs to be GOLD not yellow in any way. I don't want some damn Spongebob DS ;).

FYI: $139 at CC on Black Friday
i_1194628882_BFAdsCircuitCity200702-1194624550.jpg

Or

$149 w/Starter Kit & Over The Hedge Game @ Best Buy
i_1194621211_BFAdsBestBuyPage10-1194619093.jpg

So are these supposed to be really limited like for this holiday season only? Still debating if I should switch from my Black/Red DS Lite to get this one. I wouldn't have questioned it if it was green though :bomb:

[quote name='banpeikun']i dunno what people are not liking about the gold ds. looks fine to me.[/quote]It looks like a white DS that was yellowed. Not much gold about it.

It does not look like stock levels are going to be high for this, and with it coming out on blcak friday who knows what is going to happen. I can not give exact stock numbers, but I am not holding out hope for this to be easy to get unless they give re-stocks later, but my BB only got one shipment of BA2 bundles so wo knows...

bread's done
Back