Zelda: Phantom Hourglass pre-order $25.98 (or $27.98) shipped from familyvideo

crunchewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
The coupon codes have been reported, but I don't think anyone has noted that familyvideo.com has The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass available for pre-order for $29.99 + 0.99 shipping - $5 off for new customers or $3 off for existing customers with coupon. Net price is $25.98 or $27.98. Amazon is listing a price of $34.99 for it.

$5 off new customers: NEWPGMEM
$3 off existing custs: NEWMEM3F

http://www.familyvideo.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=276190

Of course this game isn't going to ship until October, so other deals might come up, but this one sounds pretty good to me. I did put in an order and the $5 off coupon, at least, did work with this pre-order.

[quote name='decon']How is Pricegrabber on their $5 review bonus?

Has anyone actually received $5 per review?[/quote]

I've done it for two games: Guitar Hero: 80's and Pokemon Diamond.

Got both $5 rebates after a month or so.

FYI, my order status has changed to "In Fulfillment", which I have to presume means they are preparing it for shipment. Not sure, though.

just go to best buy today and pick it up if you dont want to wait for the familyvideo copy to arrive. then you can return the familyvideo copy when it arrives to best buy for the $35. thats what i shall be doing in a couple hours as i am impatient.

I just tried ordering this with the $3 coupon code and it says it's invalid. Do you think it's because it's now "On Backorder"?

Won't do any good, we're paying the price so to speak for getting it cheaper by having to wait. I was really shocked none of the main retail stores (city, BB) had it for at least $29.99. If so I would of cancelled the order. But $34.99 is the cheapest I've seen it be advertised for retail.

I actually have another pre-order that's due out today which is Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow for PSP, which I don't expect to have gotten near as many pre-orders as Zelda and I've had no ship confirmation on it either.

I preordered PH in the beginning of September. I just checked my account and my game has already been shipped today.

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D;3419116] I was really shocked none of the main retail stores (city, BB) had it for at least $29.99.

?????!!!!!

Mine shipped this am. Got email at 0837

Another data point - mine now says shipped as well. I didn't receive a shipment email, but the status on the web says shipped.

Mine still says "In Fulfillment". I e-mailed them about it, but of course no reply. If it doesn't ship tomorrow, I may just cancel.....

[quote name='gunm']Shipped. :)[/QUOTE]

Not me. I don't even know why it bugs me since I can't play it for a while. I just wish they would tell me it's on the way.

Good lord. I emailed them THREE TIMES to have this order cancelled, called two days ago and the man said it was cancelled, and today it shipped. I suppose they'll be getting a call from me tonight. That's ridiculous. First and last time I will order from here.

Yeah, seems like if you order from here, you better be prepared to keep it. The last couple of FV threads, everyone had a hard time canceling. Sounds like they have some kind of antiquated order processing system as there seems to be no communication between their fulfillment side and their CS/website side.

The response from FV has been to suggest refusing delivery, although if you use their standard shipping, it'll go by USPS and if you're not home, it'll get delivered. Not sure how'd you get them to stop delivery on that one.

So far, I haven't had an issue (knock on wood) beyond slow processing on Heavenly Sword, but then I haven't tried canceling an order yet. :p

I was planning on taking the package back to the PO and refusing delivery when it arrives if they say they can't do anything.

Mine shipped so I went to Wal-Mart to pick one up for the ol' switcheroo when my FV one gets here. But they were out, so I went to GS instead. If I were keeping the game (and it were cheap), I would get from GS over WM (I like the guys in there (and used to work there)), but I feel bad about doing this to them since I'm going to return it.
But then I remember that it doesn't really matter to the people working there, and I don't care about corporate at all. Opening now.

BTW, has it been confirmed that we get the quill pen by registering it? It's pretty much the only reason I want this so badly right now; I can wait for the FV order if we don't get that pen. Don't see it mentioned on mynintendo, but maybe it says something after you register?

Another edit:
Nintendo mentions it in an article:
[quote name='nintendo.com'] As a special bonus for Nintendo's rewards club, My Nintendo members who register the game and their Nintendo DS hardware at MyNintendo.com and fill out a short survey will receive a special Nintendo DS stylus that looks like an old-fashioned quill pen, modeled after an item in the game (subject to availability).[/quote] (source)
The only site I can find this on is thetanooki (which I've never read); can't find it on Joystiq or Kotaku (am I just blind?). Commenters are saying they can't find the survey to get the pen...

In fulfillment. Can't complain since i put the order in 2 days ago. Pretty excited as I haven't purchased a DS game since Elite Beat Agents.

Well, I went ahead and registered the GS game I bought. Only thing that can mess me up now is if the FV game comes not shrinkwrapped :p

For those interested, the promo for the quill isn'ty up apparently, but I think it will be up later. The page now shows:
Here's the exclusive content for this game:
Sorry, special content areas temporarily unavailable.
On the promo page, it lists a few other promos but not the quill one. Perhaps they haven't made them and are waiting to see how many register and then meet demand?

A bit OT for this thread, but I believe the registration promos take a bit of time to show up on the website. Happened that way for the free Brain Age 2 pen set, at least...

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']
On the promo page, it lists a few other promos but not the quill one. Perhaps they haven't made them and are waiting to see how many register and then meet demand?[/quote]

Doubtful. Nintendo should know by now that some people only register games for promos, and this isn't a well-known promo. The what would they do, say "Sorry, only people who registered before we advertised this gift receive it."?

Mine shipped today. I never got an email, but I logged onto the site and it said it shipped.

Can't wait to play it in 10 days :whistle2:( At least I got a great deal.

bread's done
Back