Zelda Sequel ?!?!?!

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/adventure/thewindwaker2/news_6092202.html

Please God let it be for real...[/quote]

yea they said that a long time ago.....i wish it was the spaceworld demo though not the cel shaded version

I too wish it was the spaceworld demo.. But nonetheless, I enjoyed Wind Waker very much so I'll pick this one up as well.
I hope it's out by Christmas... [-o

In an interview with the big "M" himself in Gamepro he said that the next Zelda was probably going to be cell shaded, but probably not the next. He is kind of taken to cell shading. I'm still going to put out a little bit of hope that it won't be cell shaded. Granted WW is a really great game, aside from all the long sailing between islands, the choice to make it CS was a ballsy one and not really the best choice for a Zelda game.

edit: Ok, it is a "direct sequal" to WW. Im almost sure that it will be CS now.

Spaceworld design or Wind Waker design, all Nintendo has to do is slap a Zelda title on it and I'll easily fork over my $50 I'm sure.

I'd like to ask what the hell this means.

[quote name='drunken_master']In an interview with the big "M" himself in Gamepro he said that the next Zelda was probably going to be cell shaded, but probably not the next. He is kind of taken to cell shading. I'm still going to put out a little bit of hope that it won't be cell shaded. Granted WW is a really great game, aside from all the long sailing between islands, the choice to make it CS was a ballsy one and not really the best choice for a Zelda game.

edit: Ok, it is a "direct sequal" to WW. Im almost sure that it will be CS now.[/quote]

This Zelda Wind Waker 2 will be the last cell shaded game. The next one, which will most likely be on the next Nintendo console will employ some new look.

I believe that's what that quote means.

[quote name='st0neface']I'd like to ask what the hell this means.

[quote name='drunken_master']In an interview with the big "M" himself in Gamepro he said that the next Zelda was probably going to be cell shaded, but probably not the next. He is kind of taken to cell shading. I'm still going to put out a little bit of hope that it won't be cell shaded. Granted WW is a really great game, aside from all the long sailing between islands, the choice to make it CS was a ballsy one and not really the best choice for a Zelda game.

edit: Ok, it is a "direct sequal" to WW. Im almost sure that it will be CS now.[/quote][/quote]

He means the sequel to WW will be CS, but not the one after that. It will probably take on a realistic look, according to the EGM of Miyamoto a while back. I forgot what issue. Oh, and this was a quote from EGM last month:

"I would love to a realistic take on The Legend of the Zelda. Ah, I shouldn't talk about this" - The head director of MGS:TTS. Sounds like something fishy is going on here.

I had no problems with the cel shading. Although Link and several other characters looked fairly realistic, there were plenty that were pretty cartoonish already, such as the rock guys (nerd knowledge meter on empty right now guys) and those balls with legs at the end of Majora's Mask. Regardless what direction the graphics should have gone in, at least the cel shading was done really well.

The only thing I'm worried about in all this Wind Waker 2 talk is that the sailing will be back. I almost couldn't finish the game b/c of the sailing, and once I did, I had no desire to complete any side quests. I am much more worried about the sailing than the graphics.

I don't see how anyone could want it to be the spaceworld demop. that was so ugly.

realistic graphics suck so much. how uncreative and stupid they are. not to mention that OOT OOSucked.and if that loser denis dyack comes anywhere near zelda, that's the day I stop buying video games.

eternal darkness sucked, Metal gear tittes sucks, he's been working on another crappy game for 300 years and can't ever finish it.

[quote name='DenisDFat']I don't see how anyone could want it to be the spaceworld demop. that was so ugly.

realistic graphics suck so much. how uncreative and stupid they are. not to mention that OOT OOSucked.and if that loser denis dyack comes anywhere near zelda, that's the day I stop buying video games.

eternal darkness sucked, Metal gear tittes sucks, he's been working on another crappy game for 300 years and can't ever finish it.[/quote]

*marks DenisDFat for trolling*
Crap...this isn't GameFAQs. Oh well.

That said...what's so bad about cel shading? Think of it as art - there are the ultra-realistic, almost photographic paintings...and then there's Picasso. Don't like the graphics? Don't buy the damn game.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='DenisDFat']I don't see how anyone could want it to be the spaceworld demop. that was so ugly.

eternal darkness sucked, Metal gear tittes sucks, he's been working on another crappy game for 300 years and can't ever finish it.[/quote]

*marks DenisDFat for trolling*
Crap...this isn't GameFAQs. Oh well.

That said...what's so bad about cel shading? Think of it as art - there are the ultra-realistic, almost photographic paintings...and then there's Picasso. Don't like the graphics? Don't buy the damn game.[/quote]

Just ignore Dennis. He hates everything. Hey, whatever.

[quote name='DenisDFat']and if that loser denis dyack comes anywhere near zelda, that's the day I stop buying video games.

[/quote]

I really hope Dyack makes a new Zelda then, with a super photorealistic look.

[quote name='lilboo']I too wish it was the spaceworld demo.. But nonetheless, I enjoyed Wind Waker very much so I'll pick this one up as well.
I hope it's out by Christmas... [-o

hmmm...I just played the 20 min. demo if WW a few times. I hate to admit it but i think it is even better than i thought. Hmm I like it alot. It is extreamly well done. God i need it now

my only true beef with WW was the grapple. god i hated the fricking animation. sailing didnt bother me, nor did the graphics. but that damn grapple animation, it would sometimes happen when i jsut accidentally hit the button. plus, its so intergral, i saw it every five minutes.

wonder what the preorder bonus will be. maybe the cd-i games?

heres to hoping (that in the name of all that is holy they dont)

If its not like the spaceworld demo... Nintendo's not etting my money. I'm sorry, but windwaker was the worst Zelda game ever created.

IMO, Wind Waker was a work of art. Definitely not as good as Ocarina of Time. I agree with the gripes about sailing - there wasn't enough out at sea. A small island in every square of the overworld grid and lots and lots of plain blue ocean. And the fetch quest for the triforce at the end was maddeningly boring. Then again, when they originally said that fetching pieces of the triforce was going to be a part of WW, I was almost anticipating a step back to the original Zelda in format - go through a dungeon, get a piece of triforce.

bread's done
Back