Zelda: Spirit Tracks $35 with 150 bonus Reward Zone points (so essentially $25?)

cag1000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
If repost please delete.....

Saw that if you buy Zelda:Spirit Track at BB for $35 they are running a promotion that they will give you 150 bonus Gamer Reward Zone points. We know that if you spend $150 on gaming product you get a $10 gift cert. And $150=150 points right? So would 150 points probably be different? Would that be a $5 gift cert? I guess just a difference of the game being $25 or $30 in the end. Plus you get the points for the $35 you spent. I haven't seen really any great deals on this game this week so just thought I'd post. Maybe there is a better deal out there?

While Best Buy routinely calls them "Game Points", there is actually no points system for the Gamer's Club. The Gamer's Club does allow you to earn additional rewards. 150 bonus points would be added to the REGULAR Reward Zone system, which is basically like a buck. You still will earn credit towards spending $150, but the promotions they run with a bonus 150 points do not "add" to the money spent on games.

These posts happen all the time, in part due to Best Buy's instance on using confusing verbiage regarding the additional games program.

In short, no.

Thanks for posting this. This is the confusion that Best Buy causes every time they post a deal like this. Maybe we should have a sticky thread or something clarifying confusing game deals? This is 150 pts towards the 250 you need for a $5 gift certificate. But the $35 you spend on the game should still go towards the $150 you need for the gaming $10 cert. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I this is how I understand it to work.

[quote name='stikmanrp']Thanks for posting this. This is the confusion that Best Buy causes every time they post a deal like this. Maybe we should have a sticky thread or something clarifying confusing game deals? This is 150 pts towards the 250 you need for a $5 gift certificate. But the $35 you spend on the game should still go towards the $150 you need for the gaming $10 cert. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I this is how I understand it to work.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. You will essentially get 185 RZ points (35 for buying the game at $35 and 150 bonus points), plus $35 credit you need toward the $150 for the 500 RZ points/$10 Gamer's Club cert. So, in real cash value, this is like $3.70, but you need another 65 points (i.e. spend another $65) to get anything.

You also got to add the fact that it takes Best Buy WAY to long to actually give you the points to redeem the certificates.

[quote name='yingfo']You also got to add the fact that it takes Best Buy WAY to long to actually give you the points to redeem the certificates.[/QUOTE]

Well, they have to wait until the last day to return the item otherwise people here (and on SD fo sho) would scam the hell out of them.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']While Best Buy routinely calls them "Game Points", there is actually no points system for the Gamer's Club. The Gamer's Club does allow you to earn additional rewards. 150 bonus points would be added to the REGULAR Reward Zone system, which is basically like a buck. You still will earn credit towards spending $150, but the promotions they run with a bonus 150 points do not "add" to the money spent on games.

These posts happen all the time, in part due to Best Buy's instance on using confusing verbiage regarding the additional games program.

In short, no.[/QUOTE]

I also wanted to thank you for clarifying this. This message should be listed at the front of Best Buy's Gamers Club page. I bought Batman: AA a while back from them thinking I would get 250 gamers points but instead I got 250 regular points and was kind of disappointed. I called the RZ to comment that I didn't get 250 gamers points and the lady on the phone never mentioned that Gamers Club points and RZ points were the same thing. Instead she said she'd "look into it" and e-mail me. I never got an e-mail but I got a random 250 point adjustment after that.

bread's done
Back