Zelda: The Four Swords (Gamecube) $38.90

psychonaut

CAGiversary!
Play-Asia.com is running an OUTSTANDING offer on the import version of The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords for the Gamecube. For only 5 days you can pick up this outstanding game almost 3 months BEFORE its US release at the price of only $38.90 plus $4 for shipping!!

Click Here to visit Play-Asia to get it.

One thing is that the import version (as long as its from Japan although why shouldnt it be) is that it has 3 games in 1. Whereas here in the good ole US :roll: they will be selling 2 of the 3 seperatly for 50 each and the third, is unkown so far........ :(

[quote name='AvidWriter']One thing is that the import version (as long as its from Japan although why shouldnt it be) is that it has 3 games in 1. Whereas here in the good ole US :roll: they will be selling 2 of the 3 seperatly for 50 each and the third, is unkown so far........ :([/quote]

Wrong, they are dropping Tetra's Trackers from the US version, bringing the game modes from 3 to 2. They are not selling 2 of the 3 games modes seperatly.

Screw Four Swords as an import, where's my discount on that ridiculous $70 price tag on Naruto 2: Gekido Ninja Taisen? HMMM?

[quote name='AvidWriter']One thing is that the import version (as long as its from Japan although why shouldnt it be) is that it has 3 games in 1. Whereas here in the good ole US :roll: they will be selling 2 of the 3 seperatly for 50 each and the third, is unkown so far........ :([/quote]

NOA is releasing a single Four Swords package; there's no multiple releases. The US version doesn't have Tetra's Trackers, because they don't have time to get the voice synthesis totally reprogrammed for English.

Bummer.

Saaaaaweeeeet.

40 bucks... better than the 50 dollar release ths summer.
Our fourth sword knows Japanese as well....
next week is gonna rock.
thanks for the tip!

[quote name='emperordahc']NOA is releasing a single Four Swords package; there's no multiple releases. The US version doesn't have Tetra's Trackers, because they don't have time to get the voice synthesis totally reprogrammed for English.

Bummer.[/quote]

Sure they do. Take longer, and release it when it's done. But I guess they need the money as soon as possible. :(

emperordahc wrote:
NOA is releasing a single Four Swords package; there's no multiple releases. The US version doesn't have Tetra's Trackers, because they don't have time to get the voice synthesis totally reprogrammed for English.

Bummer.

Actually, there are two theories, and neither of them involve time. One is involving the language synthesis, but not time. When has Nintendo rushed any of their key franchises? They aren't about to start either. If you know about Japanese and the characters they use, there are only so many ways for the combined sounds to be pronounced. It is very definite. In English, however, you can't make a set of rules to universally apply to every possible pronunciation of sound combinations. So, why not just leave out the speech? That leads to the second and more plausible theory... Word has it that Tetra's Trackers plain sucks. I haven't played it honestly, but that's what those who have are saying...

From my understanding you do not really need to know Japanese to play the game. If you get stuck there are FAQ's that can help.

BTW, Play-Asia rocks! I ordered the game on Thursday night and they shipped the game out to me next day (Friday)!

I'll insert a shameless plug here too... For you guys who want Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 2 I am giving 1 new copy away on my site for winning the Name the Game Challenge of the month. (we give away at least 1 new game per month).

If you are interested you can visit www.metagamers.com and click on the Name the Game link in the left navigation window.

This is the last week to get in for a chance to win so good luck guys!

[quote name='lain21us']Does anyone know if I can play this on my unmodified US Gamecube?[/quote]
Yes, but you need a Freeloader disc or an Action Replay.

To clear some stuff up and shed light on this matter i will Quote from EGM's May 2004 Issue on Pg. 80 I post the whole article as it's not that long:

Legend of Zelda:The Four Swords
GC Nintendo 2004

Here's the good news:Nintendo's 2 oddball GC Zelda Offshoots(four Swords and Tetra's Trackers) won't be sold individualy as originally planned.Nope, these 2 action-adventure games will come together in one niffty hodgepodge package, where tjhey now go by the titles of Shadow Battles (Four Swords)and Navi's Trackers(Tetra's Trackers)respectivly.

Here's even better news: a third game, entitled Hyrule Adventure comes along for the ride, and it's an all new, traditional Zelda romp for 4 plauyers in the spirit of the Super NES classic A Link to the Past. Expect dungeons, over world secrets, towns to explore... the whole deal.

Now for the bad news:You'll need to bust out your GBA(with those requisite-yet-sold-seperatly GBA-GCN link cables) in order to even play trackers and Shadow Battle. Curse you, foul Connectivity!

Discuss

freedom fries:
navi's tracker has been dropped for the US version, so getting it from play-asia.com sounds pretty good
10 bucks less to get the FULL version of the game

I was mulling it over, and then I remembered that my mom said that she owed me a game, so I ordered this (Along with the 3 Famicom games that PA has).

Bought it! What a steal! It even comes with a free link cable! My boyfriend will love playing this with me; thanks for posting this awesome deal. \:D/

Got mine in today. What was the condition of the box for you guys? Mine ended up being a bit crushed but not too badly.. Everything inside is fine..

Did you pay for shipping in a box or cardboard envelope? I ordered Doubutsu No Mori E+ (Like an upgraded version of Animal Crossing with a Japanese 2nd revision e-reader) and the box everything was in was a little crushed too. My copy of TFS still has yet to come, but I trust Play-Asia as I've ordered from them many times before.

I got the cheapest shipping option they had. It came in a regular padded cardboard envelope, not a box. The padding probably saved it from being damaged; I guess I just got lucky since I got the padded envelope instead of a box.

bread's done
Back