Zelda TP Collector Box $39.99 @ Target B&M

I saw these at Target while I was checking for controllers. I wish it was a little less than $40 and I might have bit.

[quote name='red flare graf']Diet root beer? That's disgusting.[/quote]

Hey, don't knock the diet soda! Once you start, it is pretty tough to go back to regular soda.

[quote name='ceckman']It's Nintendo licensed. The seal is on the back of the box.[/quote]

Here you go -

IMG_0803.jpg

[quote name='scsg75']well, I had to go get one. I was a expecting something a little larger scale (the photos posted I've seen had nothing to really relate it to to tell how big it is). It's pretty tiny, but cool. Here's a picture of it next to a soda can for scale:

[/quote]
I didn't think it was that small either. Maybe Nintendo will release a Link figure down the line that would be able to equip these.

[quote name='Sirmackerel']Where is this 7000 figure coming from? Does it say x/7000 somewhere on the box or something?[/quote]I doubt that is true. 7k you know how many stores wouldn't have it. Impossible that guy made that number up.

[quote name='Bazz']I doubt that is true. 7k you know how many stores wouldn't have it. Impossible that guy made that number up.[/quote]

It was only released to "select" target stores. I have not opened my extra one yet, but I am pretty sure 7,000 is correct. Not all target stores got these.

My license plate says L-Zelda and I'm thinking about getting a tattoo of the phoenix/triforce emblem, therefore I had to get one of these.

[quote name='ceckman']Here you go -

IMG_0803.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Official Nintendo seal doesn't mean it is first party item.

Anyway, I never heard of Master Replica before, I guess they make some pretty nice stuff.

It looks nice, but since all it seems good for is display, I'll pass.

[quote name='b3b0p']Official Nintendo seal doesn't mean it is first party item.

Anyway, I never heard of Master Replica before, I guess they make some pretty nice stuff.

It looks nice, but since all it seems good for is display, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

what do u expect to do with it, kill Octoroks

[quote name='b3b0p']Official Nintendo seal doesn't mean it is first party item.

It looks nice, but since all it seems good for is display, I'll pass.[/quote]

I don't think you'll find any first party nintendo figures or non-gaming items. That's not their business. They make first party games, systems and accessories. They license their characters and other trademarks for other companies to produce figures and paraphernalia like this sword and shield. When it comes to stuff like this the Nintendo seal is about the best you're going to get in insuring licensed quality -

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/retail/licensee_merchandisers.jsp

That being said I'm not really interested much in this item for myself either. I do think it has a potential to become collectible and sell for a bit more than I bought it for in the not too distant future (The Nintendo license and seal will help with this.)

Yeah, I'm surprised that they didn't number it or anything.. which leads me to believe that they're not limited to 7000.

Man, it didn't take long for the scalpers to show up on eBay.:lol:

"What would really help authenticate the collectibility is if each of these were numbered."

It comes with a certificate of authenticity.

anyway when I first saw the box I was like OMG, then I actually saw what it was, how small it was and how short the soundtrack was, I was no longer interested. my target had a whole shelf of them.

It is pretty small, and 40 bucks seems a lot. I went to target across the street from my house to check it out, if I didnt have Target GC burning a whole in my wallet I wouldnt have purchase it. When I went and check out the old dude in the Express lane told me that it was the 4th one he has sold. Maybe it'll be worth something down the line, and i'll ebay it.. Ive given up on collecting VG stuff :)

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, I'm surprised that they didn't number it or anything.. which leads me to believe that they're not limited to 7000.

Man, it didn't take long for the scalpers to show up on eBay.:lol:[/quote]Exactly. Has anyone opened the box though to confirm this? Because mine is sealed for safe keeping.

Also to the person who doesn't know who MasterReplica is you obviously don't know anything about Replicas. Master Replica is the top of the line Replica items around. They do Movies like StarWars(They make like the only Replica LightSabers , you had to have seen it sometime.) to Disney stuff. Everything is official from the actual companies.

Saw this in today's weekly ad, and decided to check it out after seeing a thread over in the Video Game Deals forum, then reading this thread. Found 17 of these on an endcap at my local Target, along with the Tony Hawk skateboard, near sporting goods several aisles down from the electronics/video games section. Got one as a bonus gift for my 8-year-old Nintendo fan (he's getting a Wii for his December birthday along with the new Zelda game). It's small but nice-looking, and I'm guessing he'll think it's very cool, want to hold the sword and shield, and then it'll go onto a shelf to be forgotten while he goes back to playing. :)

I noticed this in the ad as well. If it came with the game I would be all over it but as is $40 is way too steep for replica sword, shield, and lame soundtrack. I had to run to the grocery store so I stopped by the Target next door (quick Wii and PS3 check, yeah I know it was wishful thinking).

They had an entire endcap of these near the electronics next to the Tony Hawk skateboards. I'd buy it for $10 to $20 tops but that's just me.

[quote name='Dah-Dee']Saw this in today's weekly ad, and decided to check it out after seeing a thread over in the Video Game Deals forum, then reading this thread. Found 17 of these on an endcap at my local Target, along with the Tony Hawk skateboard, near sporting goods several aisles down from the electronics/video games section. Got one as a bonus gift for my 8-year-old Nintendo fan (he's getting a Wii for his December birthday along with the new Zelda game). It's small but nice-looking, and I'm guessing he'll think it's very cool, want to hold the sword and shield, and then it'll go onto a shelf to be forgotten while he goes back to playing. :)[/quote]Tony Hawk Skateboard, what you talking about?

I just picked one of these up. Relicas are very nice and the soundtrack is really good, just a little short. The replicas are definitely metal, the shield is really heavy duty and the sword is too except for the handle. The soundtrack is really good, just a little short. But, I'm a huge Zelda fan so I'm glad I got this...it'll look cool sitting up by my Wii

[quote name='Bazz']Tony Hawk Skateboard, what you talking about?[/quote]
There was a Tony Hawk "Project 8" skateboard + game combo on the same endcap. It's in the same section of the Target ad as the Zelda box. It's $89.99, skateboard deck + Project 8 game for either 360 or PS2.

[quote name='hhhdx4']"What would really help authenticate the collectibility is if each of these were numbered."

It comes with a certificate of authenticity.[/QUOTE]

With the number?

[quote name='Bazz']Tony Hawk Skateboard, what you talking about?[/quote]

At the Target closest to me the Zelda Collectors boxes were on an endcap left of the electonics counter about 20 feet away. On the top they had peg hooks with about 20 of the Zelda's and just below a few shelves that contained some sort of Tony Hawk skateboards ( I didn't look very closely at them).

[quote name='Chitown021']:lol: :rofl: Just took a look at ebay and checked out all of the vultures trying to cash in on this.[/quote]

I'd hyper-linked ( :whistle2:# ) to the $100 BIN auction when I added the Zelda box to our running Word list of birthday/Christmas gifts for our son and daughter, thinking maybe my wife will see that and say, "Well, I guess $40 wasn't so bad."

Yeah, that'll work. :roll:

They are probably not numbered, but they are limited. I don't know about the 7,000 figure, but that is certainly a possibility and in fact that is a very large amount for Master Replicas to produce. Many of their true limited editions only have 2000-3000 (admittedly these are much more expensive than this).

[quote name='oleander']
It looks like the Target one is missing a track, but I'm guessing that is not the case and they are, in fact, exactly the same. Why go to the trouble of producing two different sample soundtracks when you could just make one?[/quote]

Well, I went to Target earlier to pick this up as well so I have both soundtracks now and they are in fact different. The art on the sleeve is basically the same but the track listing on the back of the Target case shows that it does indeed have one less track.

Now I didn't actually open the Target set and listen to the CD so I can't confirm that the CDs themselves are actually different... but they do have slightly different sleeves so I would assume that the one from Nintendo that comes with the guide does actually have the one more track than this one.

I got the last two at my target store, one for my friend for his bday today and one for me. thx op! this is pretty cool

I bought one today from the Tallahassee Target on the Parkway. They are on the bottom row inbetween the Wii stuff and GBA stuff. Not exactly in perfect sight, I overlooked them. Anyways as of right now there are 9 left for anyone interested. Just a heads up.

I think it looks pretty sweet. $40 is pushing it, but since I collect little things such as this, I couldn't pass it up. :)

Searched through the electronic and toy section, couldn't find it. Asked the electronics guy, and he said they only got 4 out and they had them on the corner isle near the food section, he also said they were sold out :(. I looked anyway and saw they had a dozen, so I picked up one :)

I went in to see what this looked like and forgot about it because I noticed they had 2 or 3 PS3's in stock. Sort of through me for a loop.

No, I didn't buy one

i just went to target to go check it out, and they had like a dozen or so.... i think $40 is a lil pricy for a 1/6th scale replica of the master sword and shield

i i could easily use that money toward another game or 2... by the way i noticed kingdom hearts II is seeing a universal price drop to $40 soon, it was $40 at my target and the guy said it was universal and not just a one week only sale kinda thing...

and even if i did buy one, what would i do with it?? i think it would just sit around and collect dust but i guess im not much of a collector, so i"ll pass....

but then again i could just buy one so i could sell it at a higher price on ebay when they are all gone and people become desparate for these :)

[quote name='paddlefoot']I went in to see what this looked like and forgot about it because I noticed they had 2 or 3 PS3's in stock. Sort of through me for a loop.

No, I didn't buy one[/quote]That is kind of hard to believe. I think anyone who would see this system even if they didn't want it would buy it just to throw it on ebay for a quick dollar.

[quote name='Bazz']That is kind of hard to believe. I think anyone who would see this system even if they didn't want it would buy it just to throw it on ebay for a quick dollar.[/quote]

I definitely thought about it. I just didn't have quite enough in my checking account after the weekend without transferring money. Figured by the time I did that it wouldn't be there. At the same time I made no effort what so ever to try to figure out a way to buy it, which I could have

I picked up the last one at my Target. Apparantly some resellers came in earlier today and bought just about all of them.

[quote name='sisko']I picked up the last one at my Target. Apparantly some resellers came in earlier today and bought just about all of them.[/quote]

That go for about $5 bucks more on ebay, pretty sad people are that desperate. Then again, some of these people that have them for sale, also have Star Wars ships that go for retail (a loss $) :roll:

Tempting, but I don't see myself paying $40 for it. Now, if the game would've been included and they charged $70 or even $80 I probably would've jumped on it.

I had a $20 giftcard I got for free on black Friday for buying two DS games. I used this card on the Zelda Collector pack and essentially got it for $20. Now thats not a bad price for this set.

Does anyone have pictures of it outside the box? I'm kind of curious to see what it looks like, since I can't open mine yet...

There was a commercial for exclusive items at Target during House tonight. They showed the same Tony Hawk board I saw underneath these Zelda boxes, and a Star Wars ship thingy.

[quote name='icruise']Does anyone have pictures of it outside the box? I'm kind of curious to see what it looks like, since I can't open mine yet...[/QUOTE]
And devalue our $40 investment? Get outta town! ;)

bread's done
Back