Zelda: TP Limited Edition Hardback guide back to 19.99 Best Buy B&M

Strell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
288 (100%)
Edit: Oh sad day that they now are back to 19.99!

I put in this thread, but people (Edit: Indeed, Sir Roufuss) are saying it deserves its own thread.

The LE Zelda Guide with the gold trim and cloth map is $17.99 at Best Buy in store. In-store link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8174487&st=zelda&type=product&id=1162594204759

I didn't know this. I saw it at 19.99, decided using a GGC on it was good enough for me, so I checked out. I noticed the clerk was taking a little longer than I thought he would. Turns out it rang up 17.99, but he overrode the coupon's 19.99 limitation anyway, giving it to me for 12.99.

At the worst you can get it for 17.99, aye?

Edit: Wanted to add this - oddly, the LE guide was next to the other Prima guides (both the Wii and GC versions), and they were marked 19.99 as well. So go figure on that.

Edit 2: The bullet list on the back states "written specifically for the Wii version." Sorry Roufuss. :(

Edit 3: Holy shit. Appears to be 9.99 now. ....I OVERPAID THREE DOLLARS!!!

OMG yes went down there today, and I thought it was going to be $17.99 and boom rang up for $9.99 I was amazed. I had to ask them to get it out of the back room though, highly recommended.

So the GGC speficially has a price limitation on it? I have one sitting at home and figure I might as well go grab it before I go seeing as a couple people have had success.

Scored two at the one BB I went to, one for me and one for any CAG who didn't have any luck in finding one.

LMK if you can't find one, and we'll work something out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Are you serious $10!? I just came back from BB and saw it, I was drooling. Its bad ass. Now I have to go back. Damn it![/quote]
fuck. I was at the Best Buy by my work at lunch and saw a few of them. Looked bad ass but didnt bother to pick it up since it was marked $19.99. Just came back from the BB by my house and nothing. Checked BestBuy.com, all gone. fuck :wall:

EDIT: Called the Best Buy store by my work (where I saw them) and they have 2 left, but they wont let me put one on hold for pick up at noon tomorrow. I'm sooooo hoping that there's one left when I stop by lunch tomorrow.

It's sold out online :cry:

I don't have a Wii nor GameCube. I'm tempted to just pick it up since I may plan to pick up a Wii next year and of course TP would become a must have.

I'll try and pick up 2 tomorrow morning. If I find them, I'll post it and the first pm will get 1 for cost + medial mail shipping.

I went out tonite is SOLD OUT. Whoever live in Independence of MO is Out of Luck, Lees Summit is No Go... Your best best is METRO NORTH MALL still have 3 copies left. deal is GReat but i hated to driving 45 mins & 45 mins back for 1 guide.

Maaaaaaan. I love this site more and more with each Christmas. Got the Logitech 5500's for $220 shipped last X-Mas. Now I got the Wii for $210, another Nunchuck for $15, and now this Zelda Guide for $10. Also got Seinfeld Season 7 as a gift for $30 for a friend with the Borders coupon...I've saved $75 thus far...amazing.

[quote name='daroga']Dang, every place around me is out of stock. :( Really wanted to get this too.[/QUOTE]

Don't pay attention to what the Item Status Locator thingy says on Bestbuy.com. Mine Showed Not in Stock and I still went there and found 7 copies. I say atleast check the store if your in the area.

Thanks to all the info in this thread!

I managed to snag 3 from my local BB. All gifts for friends. Too bad I paid $30 at a GS for one. :: sigh ::

Picked one up this morning on my way to work - on sale for $9.99, plus I used the $5 RZ holiday coupon that they sent to me earlier this week, so including tax I got the guide for $5.33.

For anyone in the Raleigh, NC area, a helpful hint - don't go to the BB near Crabtree. Their inventory is all screwed up - it shows that they have 6 in stock, but they are nowhere to be seen. I went to the Capital Blvd. store and they have at least 5 copies left.

[quote name='alison']Picked one up this morning on my way to work - on sale for $9.99, plus I used the $5 RZ holiday coupon that they sent to me earlier this week, so including tax I got the guide for $5.33.
[/QUOTE]
Is this a normal RZ coupon you get for points or something special?

Double post:
Okay so, I stopped by the local bestbuy that never lets me down, and I asked the supervisor of the games department for the hardcover guides for Zelda TP. He sends one of the guys to the back to see if there're any extras, and 5 minutes later he comes back with nothing.
So, as I'm ready to give up and walk out, I remember that they have a separate location for PC guides, and that sometimes the workers are lazy and just put stuff there to avoid overcrowding the game section.
Searched around, and YESSSSS!! found 3 of them.
So, there're two up for sale at $16.00 paypal. The first 2 pm, get them. *Edit only 1 left*
If I don't have any pms by tonight, I'll just return them.

You all make me Jealous. I live closed by Bestbuy (Indpendence of Missouri) and it SOLD OUT. I did asked the guy check another BB store in Lees Summit and it SOLD OUT too. Argh.... I did called METRO NORTH MALL and it had 3 instock but i don't want driving 45 mins of one way trip. Yes, it's rainning outside right now. :(

[quote name='icruise']Is this a normal RZ coupon you get for points or something special?[/quote]

No, this was a bonus holiday coupon that had a "mystery" amount on it - most (if not all) are $5 off $5. I think I got it in the mail this past Monday.

I ended up having time to swing by this morning as a meeting got cancelled. Had no problems getting the $8.40 refund from my $17.99 + tax purchase yesterday before the drop to $9.99.

YES! I got the guide for $5 thanks to kevzik's $5 Best Buy coupons. I just asked if I could use the "$5 off any Wii accessory" because it was a guide for a Wii game. She punched in some keys and voila.

[quote name='daroga']Dang, every place around me is out of stock. :( Really wanted to get this too.[/quote]
daroga, I have a spare. If you still can't find one, hit me up. I'll charge $6 (to cover the guide, tax, and PayPal fees), and you pay extra for whichever shipping method you prefer. I owe you one for helping me with my Wii exchange. ;)

[quote name='Kendro']YES! I got the guide for $5 thanks to kevzik's $5 Best Buy coupons. I just asked if I could use the "$5 off any Wii accessory" because it was a guide for a Wii game. She punched in some keys and voila.[/quote]

[quote name='daroga']Dang, every place around me is out of stock. :( Really wanted to get this too.[/quote]

Daroga, I have a spare. If you still can't find one, hit me up. I'll charge $6 (to cover tax and PayPal fees), and you pay extra for whichever shipping method you prefer. I owe you one for helping me with my Wii exchange. ;)

[quote name='Kendro']YES! I got the guide for $5 thanks to kevzik's $5 Best Buy coupons. I just asked if I could use the "$5 off any Wii accessory" because it was a guide for a Wii game. She punched in some keys and voila.[/QUOTE]

Good call Kendro, didn't even think to use that coupon. I'm gonna try this over lunch and hopefully get the same results

Bah, Rochester Hills, MI is sold out, even though the website says they have some in stock. Looks like the greater Detroit area is pretty much picked over :\

I just came back from picking one up. It's awesome. The Best Buy I picked mine up at had 4 left on the shelf with the Wii games. I grabbed the last one that was with the other guides. (North Ave. and Sheffield, Chicago, IL)

One guide left...if anybody still wants it $16.00 shipped Media Mail with DC. Will take requests for other mail options at slightly higher price.

[quote name='dragonjud']One guide left...if anybody still wants it $16.00 shipped Media Mail with DC. Will take requests for other mail options at slightly higher price.[/QUOTE]

PM meeeeeeeee.

[quote name='leapfrogX']Bah, Rochester Hills, MI is sold out, even though the website says they have some in stock. Looks like the greater Detroit area is pretty much picked over :\[/quote]
I went there on Monday they were sold out, BUT I have good news my friend as of 11:30 today they had 4 left at the BB on M-59 in Utica, traffic is preaty crazy round there but it's worth it.

Do not forget checkout CODEs & CHEATs Book on the last Page they have $5 off coupon (any Prima Guide). My buddy went to the BB early this morning & get price adjustment down $9.99 and he can used $5 off coupon too.

Good luck ;)

I was able to snag a copy and I saw plenty at the 5000 S State St. location and about 4-5 more at the 1700s 300w location. Utah

Well... I got the price differnce match but the 5dollar coupon didn't work
I did on the other hand see someone returning a 60GB PS3 so I followed the guy who put it back on the shelf, grabbed that so over all it was a preaty good BB run.

The Champaign IL Best Buy had a pretty bad selection of guides. There were a few scattered around the game section and some more piled up near the computer games, but there were probably no more than a dozen different ones (with multiple copies of most -- like about 50 Gears of War guides). No Zelda.

2 left at the Avon Lake (Cleveland area) store.

Tried using both the $5 off Wii accessory and the GGC, with no luck. The cashier was a good sport and tried both, but it came up 0 each time "because its already on sale."

Oh well, the thing is beautiful...

[quote name='grifta67']2 left at the Avon Lake (Cleveland area) store.

Tried using both the $5 off Wii accessory and the GGC, with no luck. The cashier was a good sport and tried both, but it came up 0 each time "because its already on sale."

Oh well, the thing is beautiful...[/QUOTE]

For future reference, the coupons always come up $0.00, they don't reflect the discount until the cashier hits total and says yes to the packaging the prices screen.

bread's done
Back