Zelda Wii U Bundle $98.71 @ Sams Club(YMMV)

How did you get 3tb mac hdd's for $30? A friend of mine at work said he got the same deal but he said his friend worked at staples and hooked him up?
I drove to 3 different staples in my area. Most have drove for 3 hours and got 1 at each store. Great deal especially since they go for $120+ right now and back when I got them they went for $180+. Crazy good deal!

Going to attempt getting the Black WiiU tomorrow. Calling the store in the morning to make sure they have it and than driving 3 hours to go get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I drove to 3 different staples in my area. Most have drove for 3 hours and got 1 at each store. Great deal especially since they go for $120+ right now and back when I got them they went for $180+. Crazy good deal!

Going to attempt getting the Black WiiU tomorrow. Calling the store in the morning to make sure they have it and than driving 3 hours to go get it.
Is this still possibly a thing?

I work for Sam's Club. There are ways of checking inventory by item number at every Club.
Do you know or anyone know if the Wii U is still carried in any sam's club in CA Full priced or clearance? Have not seen any in the ones I have visited.

All the ones I have called here in Atlanta are full priced. I did get one of the Vitas here for $99 when that was going on but can't catch a Wii U at all here

Sam's Club associate here. All deals are very much YMMV. Looking at the inventory systems we have here, there are 11 clubs that are showing one on hand of the Zelda Wii U bundles at $98.71. In my experience, it's hit or miss if the Clubs actually have them physically on hand to sell. Clubs 8292 (Memphis), 8280 (El Paso), 8107 (Huntsville), 8106 (Montgomery), 6541 (Princeton), 6435 (Tuscaloosa), 6372 (Dallas), 6303 (West Allis, WI), 6259 (Round Rock, TX), 4947 (Zanesville, OH) and 4816 (Aurora, CO). Hope this helps someone find one.
Hit or miss indeed...Round Rock doesn't have any. Product #343790 (I know because I paid $200 for one around here) right?
The inventory screen shows the Round Rock club having one in their system. Item number 343790, correct.

Looks like that particular Club had one returned on Christmas Eve.
So is this still at the Round Rock club or not?

Two in Gainesville, eh? I can believe it. One of the odd advantages of being a small town. I used to get in on so many rare/YMMV deals while living there. Wonder how many gator CAGs will jump on this, although 199 for the Nintendoland bundle isn't as hot a deal. Still not bad.

And @Leavinhope, dude, thank you for taking the time to even do this. Incredibly gracious of you.
Amen on both counts.

Three GameStops, one close to the Best Buy and the Target and right next to Walmart, helps with a lot of CAG-type living in Gainesville. And the Blockbuster in Ocala yielded a few things over the last year or so. And then there's the ample supply of the best renewable resource for CAGs: Dumb students who overextend themselves and need to sell games on Craigslist.

And Leavinhope is doing the CAG God's work in this thread. I'm not in the market for a Wii U, so I don't care about availability one way or the other, but this is some interesting stuff about how Sam's works, and I'm a dork, so I enjoy things like that.

Gainesville is pretty good for cags. The Gamestop by big lots/sams is the best. But I haven't been there in months because of best buy. Thought about getting a second Wii u from sams a few weeks ago but was hoping they'd drop here. Still $100 off msrp.

Sam's Club associate here. All deals are very much YMMV. Looking at the inventory systems we have here, there are 11 clubs that are showing one on hand of the Zelda Wii U bundles at $98.71. In my experience, it's hit or miss if the Clubs actually have them physically on hand to sell. Clubs 8292 (Memphis), 8280 (El Paso), 8107 (Huntsville), 8106 (Montgomery), 6541 (Princeton), 6435 (Tuscaloosa), 6372 (Dallas), 6303 (West Allis, WI), 6259 (Round Rock, TX), 4947 (Zanesville, OH) and 4816 (Aurora, CO). Hope this helps someone find one.
I'm hoping to try tomorrow since I am close to 8107. Let's just hope they still do and can find it.

So is this still at the Round Rock club or not?
Unfortunately no. I both called and went by the club with no success. Spoke to the manager who informed me that it was a "system error". Just for good measure I had them check their electronics cage, but to no avail.

Just for laughs I called every store listed in this topic. I even asked them scan the box. No luck. If anyone has any luck checking the stores please let us know.

Please forgive me OP for doubting you but you only have 5 posts and have provided no proof. Plus this topic is full of the same 4chan and NeoGAF trolls that ruin every other topic.

But yeah, if this is real I consider this the best deal of the year.

Just for laughs I called every store listed in this topic. I even asked them scan the box. No luck. If anyone has any luck checking the stores please let us know.

Please forgive me OP for doubting you but you only have 5 posts and have provided no proof. Plus this topic is full of the same 4chan and NeoGAF trolls that ruin every other topic.

But yeah, if this is real I consider this the best deal of the year.
Did you even thread read

It no use half these people when In doubt I don't even think to check the threads cause if they did they would know the Sam club thread been around about the wii u for months now
Somebody on here near me got it for $70.xx. I probably would have if he didn't but unfortunately I was in school. But this deal is very much alive and thanks to Leavinhope it was confirmed that there were still some floatin around

Somebody on here near me got it for $70.xx. I probably would have if he didn't but unfortunately I was in school. But this deal is very much alive and thanks to Leavinhope it was confirmed that there were still some floatin around
I got the zelda bundle myself back in early December for $190 at toys r us which isn't as good as this but still a good price but I may have to see if I can score me a 2nd one for $100 I guess lol

[quote name="CHEAP ASS DUDE" post="11541821" timestamp="1392857781"]If it's Fayetteville, NC not worth the risk of getting mugged tbh[/quote]
Mugged?! More like stabbed. I grew up in that hell hole. It ain't pretty...

This is my kinda wii u pricing!

Yeah actually I did. That's why I think this story is all BS.
You know you didn't call all of these stores. I would hope you have better things to do with your time to call stores for a product you can't even get. I agree that it's a little hard to believe some of the people getting it for $70 (it'd be nice for them to simply post a picture of the receipt; doesn't even take long at all) but I can believe the $150+ prices especially with the picture posted on page 2.

Stopped by 6303 West Allis, WI last night and they didn't have one. Either an error or someone beat me to it. That is quality info, though, leavin. Thanks!

Totally missed the sarcasm; I just really want that stupid machine so I can play games with my wife so she can stop harping at me for playing games -.- I know it sounds confusing but its science lol

Edit:4 hours in total
If she's anything like my hubby it won't work
I've tried everything from buying games I think he'll like to making creative tournaments (like strip "insert fighting game here") and I still get harped on for playing my games and spending habit on them 😓

If she's anything like my hubby it won't work
I've tried everything from buying games I think he'll like to making creative tournaments (like strip "insert fighting game here") and I still get harped on for playing my games and spending habit on them 😓
I've tried getting ex girlfriends to play with me. Never pans out, the farthest I've had was a girl who actually liked call of duty but that was it, never played anything else. I would love to find another gamer. Would definitely be some good times with couch coop games. Anyhoo nothing at one of my clubs. Had to get some groceries and thought I'd check. I'm getting a wii u for smash when it comes out anyways but I still would feel butter if I didn't pay the full msrp.

Just called the one in Zanesville, OH guy said they were completely out and sold that last one yesterday.  Wish I had seen that post last night; as I would have drove the 3 hour round trip.  Any chance anymore showed up for $98.71?

Just called and they said that the WiiU is being cancelled out and they can't sell it. I don't believe the guy since others are able to get it. Should I call and ask to speak to a manager about it or just take the 3 hours to get there and find out myself. Could care less about the drive, it's coming up empty handed.

Then don't read it. Such babies, I swear.
They are babies!! While they were asking for a receipt, I checked out my local Sam's Club, snagged one also, but was $5 more. Will I post my proof? Nah. Let some ppl be unlazy and go out and look instead of sitting at home like babbies!!!! THANKS OP!! This is getting flipped as we speak!!

They are babies!! While they were asking for a receipt, I checked out my local Sam's Club, snagged one also, but was $5 more. Will I post my proof? Nah. Let some ppl be unlazy and go out and look instead of sitting at home like babbies!!!! THANKS OP!! This is getting flipped as we speak!!
No. This logic doesn't even make the slightest of sense.

You see people are willing to drive hours for this deal; why not show them proof so there is a some sort of hope? How can someone be considered lazy because they want confirmation something exists before investing time and gas (which equals money)?

Thank God for people like Leavin who understands what this community is truly about.

Just called and they said that the WiiU is being cancelled out and they can't sell it. I don't believe the guy since others are able to get it. Should I call and ask to speak to a manager about it or just take the 3 hours to get there and find out myself. Could care less about the drive, it's coming up empty handed.
Is it really worth a 3 hour drive (I hope that's the round-trip time at least) - just on the slim chance to save $100 bucks? I would hope not. For me that kind of drive would be $50 in gas - so even in terms of savings it would make ZERO sense (when you factor in time it's just flat out stupid).

IMO It's only borderline worth that type of drive if you could 100% guarantee you could get one, or perhaps even had 1 set aside for you to pick up (as unlikely as that type of scenario is at a big box).

Hell, I have a Sam's Club right in my area - about 20 minutes away and I keep forgetting to make a special trip there to check this out (I've never been there before). I suppose that's pretty stupid of me to fail to even check it out... but for the exact opposite reasons. I think the odds are to walk away empty handed, the idea is to not waste a bunch of time/money in the process.

Serious thanks to leavinhope! Got one put on hold and I can get it today. Now to wait for my ride, drive 3 hours, and get myself an Amazon deal.
Wow. I really hope they don't screw you over - and I hope 3 hours is your ROUND-TRIP - not one way.

This almost reminds me of that guy that took a plane to get a Pokemon 3DS. :applause:

However like I said if the manager personally said it was said aside for you, then mathematically I guess it's worth the risk. Just hope they don't screw you when you get there.

The drive is worth it for me actually. I was going to buy a used one from CowBoom for $230 just the other day. Now I spend $50 in gas, $100 on the WiiU and get to hang out with my friends that I haven't seen in months.

But no, its a 6 hour drive back and forth. Good road trip since I was just going to watch Heroes today.

Made sure to call the store and get confirmation that they can sell it to me, will hold it under my name, and the price is $100. I wouldn't be going unless I made sure I can get it.

And if I don't, well there is always risk to YMMV deals. I've done my far share of these deals to know I can come up empty handed or win big as I have before.

The only location close enough to me, Round Rock, TX, seems to have been picked already, at least according to previous posts.  I called them anyway and they confirmed they were OOS and had previous calls about it.  Oh well, saves me a 3 hour round-trip voyage.  Good luck to everyone else though.

If its $100 its well worth the drive lol

The drive is worth it for me actually. I was going to buy a used one from CowBoom for $230 just the other day. Now I spend $50 in gas, $100 on the WiiU and get to hang out with my friends that I haven't seen in months.

But no, its a 6 hour drive back and forth. Good road trip since I was just going to watch Heroes today.

Made sure to call the store and get confirmation that they can sell it to me, will hold it under my name, and the price is $100. I wouldn't be going unless I made sure I can get it.

And if I don't, well there is always risk to YMMV deals. I've done my far share of these deals to know I can come up empty handed or win big as I have before.
If its $100, seems worth it

Ok, got it for $98 from the Huntsville location. My dad got it for me. It didn't have the outside box, and it was probably returned. As long as it works that's fine with me. Thanks, leavinhope!

http://m.samsclub.com/ip/wii-u-32gb-black-deluxe-console-w-gamepad-and-nintendo-land/prod7980685. Item number is 595158. 5 stores have one in stock at $62.71. Clubs 8245 (N Houston), 6643 (Atlanta), 6570 (Raleigh), 6458 (Lynchburg) and 6410 (Pearl City, HI). Club 6506 (Albany, GA) has one in stock at $98.71. Again, one in stock means it's hit or miss whether they have them or not.
Went to the Lynchburg store. Looked in the cages and it wasnt there. Checked with someone and they look it up and they have it. Manager comes over and says its in the office but they cant sell it right now.

It had been stolen at some point, but they caught the guy, but need to keep the console until they go to court. He said he would save it for me, so I gave him my name and number. Doubt I'll ever get a call, but thats some funny shit.

Went to the Lynchburg store. Looked in the cages and it wasnt there. Checked with someone and they look it up and they have it. Manager comes over and says its in the office but they cant sell it right now.

It had been stolen at some point, but they caught the guy, but need to keep the console until they go to court. He said he would save it for me, so I gave him my name and number. Doubt I'll ever get a call, but thats some funny shit.
Yeah, they may have fed you a bunch of bull. I do this type of thing for a living. At least in my state, if hypothetically, that was being preserved as evidence, it would not be admissible because the chain of custody has been broken. Either the police retain the evidence or we just have the officers testify as to what they recovered.

For the life of me I cannot get the site to reveal the inventory and price for me. When I go to select a club from the product page it actually says "out of stock" at one of the clubs but when I select my club it does not show me anything about stock or pricing.

Lol he just bullshitted you if that was true then the police would have the console in there possession to prevent evidence tampering and I'm 100% correct on this

Reminds me of when the PSP Go's were on clearance for $49.97 at Sears and one store near me showed in stock (which meant at least 3 were in stock, otherwise it would say low stock). I asked if they were in the back since they weren't out on the sales floor and was told that all of their PSP Go's were stolen and that was why it still showed as in stock even though they supposedly didn't have them. I thought they were lying and probably had them in the back waiting for the price to drop even more.

For anybody on the hunt in the Midwest, I can confirm that there are none at the Cicero store in Chicago, and that I grabbed the one that was left at the store in Madison, WI.

Didn't check any of the other Chicago-area Sam's Clubses.

bread's done
Back