Zelda, Zelda and again Zelda

yester

CAGiversary!
Hi, i took a long time off from playing Nintendo and now, i want to play again. Mainly Zelda and especially titles i did not way back.

For example i would like to play Links Awakening but one thing that puzzles me is, if there is a way to play it on TV? Like you were able to do with the original GBA.

I looked but wasn't able to find anything that gives an option. I usually don't like to play on small screens anymore.

On the Wii you only get some titles but not all to download and play. Not sure why. Mm...

The Game Boy Player works with all Game Boy games, not just GBA games.

Last edited by a moderator:
GB Player with Link's Awakening DX would be your best option. The Super Game Boy for SNES would also work, but you wouldn't get to do the DX-exclusive dungeon. Link's Awakening is my favorite of the series, FWIW.

Is Links Awakening from the online store different to the DX version? Otherwise i have to check if i can get one of these old pieces.

The only differences are:

Grandma Ulrira no longer has her "YAHOO!" shout; it's been replaced with "HELLO!" and "YIPPEE!".

Effects that make the screen flash (e.g., capacity upgrades) have been slowed down greatly, like most other Virtual Console games.
Mamu's song loses the spotlights, which were done by rapidly dimming the screen 

You can no longer push A to (try to) print pictures. The game will simply pretend it wasn't pushed instead of displaying the Error 02 message.

The music is very slightly different in some places due to poor emulation

The sprite ordering is slightly different sometimes, so things appear in front of things they shouldn't, also due to poor emulation

648px-Super-Game-Boy-US.jpg

bread's done
Back