Zellers - Ratchet and Clank Future: ToD or Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - $20.09

heimdal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Hey guys,

I was looking into the new PS3 greatest hits titles and was surprised to discover that the two titles mentioned were scanning for $20.09, regular $29.99.

I do not know if it varies by store, but I don't think that's the case since prices are normally chainwide unless its clearance items.

Wow pretty sweet deal, I might pick up GT5:p at that price, dammit it stings that Ratchet is selling for so cheap now, I bought it at $59.99, but really I have no regrets, it's a fantastic game.

[quote name='Firestorm']Nice. Is it the red case or clear case?[/QUOTE]

:O ooooh I'd like to know too, 'cause I'm neurotic and I hate red/platinum/yellowbar/greenlabel/greatest hits baloney.

I have a GH versions of GT3 and GoW1 for the PS2, those two games I left under my bed so they may never sully my wall ever again.

Personally, I wouldn't care if it was a red GH case...too much

It looks like I'll be getting me some Ratchet&Clank :D
"Hahaha i laf at u...kathos" (jk! :) )

Great price for GT5 I'd say! I got Ratchet for Christmas way back and beat it relatively quickly, but the reply value is pretty great! Hey, has anyone ever tried re-printing the standard game covers from cdcovers.cc or anything? Could be a work-a-round for the crappy greatest hits covers.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Great price for GT5 I'd say! I got Ratchet for Christmas way back and beat it relatively quickly, but the reply value is pretty great! Hey, has anyone ever tried re-printing the standard game covers from cdcovers.cc or anything? Could be a work-a-round for the crappy greatest hits covers.[/QUOTE]

If you replace the red case with an extra regular case, that might work. Only thing I'm not sure of is if the GH discs have that red banner that says Greatest Hits on it. The anal retentive among us might get that itchy skin feeling knowing it's still a fake :p

And you should empty your PM box, game_fanatic!

[quote name='game_fanatic']Great price for GT5 I'd say! I got Ratchet for Christmas way back and beat it relatively quickly, but the reply value is pretty great! Hey, has anyone ever tried re-printing the standard game covers from cdcovers.cc or anything? Could be a work-a-round for the crappy greatest hits covers.[/QUOTE]

I think you need a certain type of paper to get the right feel and all that, also, printing on regular paper would look like shit, you'd have to get like... semi gloss or something (glossy but will bend nicely).

Another possible workaround would be going to your local EB and just... swapping the covers... but isn't the disc labeled GH too?

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']The anal retentive among us might get that itchy skin feeling knowing it's still a fake :p[/QUOTE]

holden_spraypaint.gif

Dude that would KILL me on the inside if I had a fake in one of my binders but a real case, KILL ME. Like an Italian mother who finds out her son is gay and his boyfriend is a black guy, I would just DIE.

TWICE.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225652
[quote name='Princess Zelda']Army of Two
Battlefield: Bad Company
Devil May Cry 4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

It's sorta like Christmas when these things get announce :) Biggest disappointment though no Uncharted!

Post when you see the price drops at the stores so everyone can pick up the games without the red packages.[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing these games have finally dropped in price, then? Guess I'll be picking up DMC4 and R&C before they get red cased.

FYI, I've seen the new GH with Red label and the case are not red anymore, only a red bar on top of the insert.

I bought my clear case copy of Ratchet full price last week to be safe.

There's one copy of non-GH R&C TOD left at Ritson/Taunton Zellers. It'll scan up as 20.09.

Also, while I was browsing the RP at that location, the R&C TOD GH box is RED. However, they also had one non-GH box.

[quote name='addone']There's one copy of non-GH R&C TOD left at Ritson/Taunton Zellers. It'll scan up as 20.09.

Also, while I was browsing the RP at that location, the R&C TOD GH box is RED. However, they also had one non-GH box.[/QUOTE]

Thx, got the last R&C at that location. Though the game was sealed, there were fingerprints all over the disk when I opened it. Weird.

The Value games are all 33% off at Zellers there were signes in the Electronics departmet.

Thanks Op I didn't want to pay over $20 for GT5:p.

Man I been looking for Ratchet and Clank Future for the longest time @ $20. I finally bought one off Kijiji, and now there is a thread about a seal copy at that price,

FML!

[quote name='addone']There's one copy of non-GH R&C TOD left at Ritson/Taunton Zellers. It'll scan up as 20.09.

Also, while I was browsing the RP at that location, the R&C TOD GH box is RED. However, they also had one non-GH box.[/QUOTE]

That would mean 2 types of boxes exist, clear + red label and red box.

My copy of GT5:p had just a sticker on the outside that said Greatest Hits. Sony puts stickers on the left over copies, the red greatest hits packages will come when the supply runs out. I remember they did this with a few PS2 game durning the transition.

Just a warning if you buy GT5:p do the install to hardrive and download the update well before you want to actually play it. It took me 35 minutes :p

Same goes with MGS4 and DMC4 if anyone decided to purchase them. The installation takes forever lol

Also, do they have good selection of PSP greatest hits?

There are about 3 copies of Ratchet and Clank at the South Park Zellers in Edmonton; they are the regular version, not the GH version.

I think I picked up the last copy of Ratchet and Clank at the Zellers in Bayers Lake (Halifax). Last copy I could see at least.

Was just at Harmony Rd. EB and noticed used non-GH versions of R&C TOD and GT5P both going for $19.99 each. Heads up if anyone was still looking for the non-GH version of both of those games...check your local EB.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Btw, kinda off topic, I just finished R&C.

Would you recommend Quest for Booty or not?[/QUOTE]
Play it through the second time on Challenge Mode for ultra completeness (unless you have)!

QoB is $15, but 1/4th the size/length of TOD. I read people complaining it was repetitive...but I'm still interested, haha.

Thanks heimdal. That's a great price for this game. I wonder if our gameshare group will want to get the DLC some point in the future.

[quote name='addone']So that's how people sell it on eBay...I always thought it was PSN-only with no BR version. Nonetheless, it was "designed for PSN" :D[/QUOTE]

I like having physical things! ;)

bread's done
Back