Zeno Clash Thread

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah, it looks awesome. I bought it when it was on sale for ten bucks.[/QUOTE]

I missed that sale narrowly by a few minutes, damn eBay buyers waiting till the last minute to pay...

Looks good though, I can't wait to hear reviews.

this game looks like an artistic visual feast for the eyes. and the melee combat looks solid. wish i would have bought when it was $10. money was tight though. i wonder if i convince myself to pay $15 for it in the next couple of hours....

[quote name='red flare graf']That's a really annoying review style.[/QUOTE]

Really? I enjoyed it a lot from the usual wall-o-text with pictures. This was wall-o-dialogue with pictures.

[quote name='Brak']This game kicks ass.[/quote]

Indeed; I just wish it wasn't kicking my ass so much. I am having trouble with the timing when fighting, which gets exacerbated when I am fighting multiple foes.

I put it on easy, but that didn't seem to make much of a difference. Oh well, I am still going through the game; I just reached the desert.

[quote name='hero101']Weird, this game take like 30 secs to load the title for me and has a stupid looking hour glass near the bottom.[/QUOTE]

Are you new to Source games? For some reason, they all take a while to load the title screen.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Are you new to Source games? For some reason, they all take a while to load the title screen.[/quote]
I swear this takes longer to load then TF2. And this game hates when I use Alt + Tab.

[quote name='hero101']I swear this takes longer to load then TF2. And this game hates when I use Alt + Tab.[/QUOTE]

To solve the alt tab issues, right click Zeno Clash, click properties > set launch options and enter '-sw -noborder' make sure you run the game at max resolution and it looks just like fullscreen.

Ah, yes. I meant to start a thread about this game myself, a long time ago.

I first heard about Zeno Clash on the very first day it was revealed, back in August of 2007. I have since kept up with the developers, watching and waiting as bits of info trickled out. During the wait, I have learned quite a lot about the individuals that created the game, and they're a terrific bunch. It's been interesting seeing the game come along over all this time, but still, the wait has been torturous.

But, I preordered the game on Steam (during the excellent $9.99 offer on Steam; I almost feel like I'm cheating the devs), had it preloaded on Monday, and played it the moment it unlocked on Steam of Tuesday afternoon.

And yes, the game is just as great as I was hoping. Love it love it love it. Only got to play about a quarter of the way through today, but I'll return to it tomorrow, and then get cracking on the towers.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']To solve the alt tab issues, right click Zeno Clash, click properties > set launch options and enter '-sw -noborder' make sure you run the game at max resolution and it looks just like fullscreen.[/quote]

What does the -sw do?

[quote name='Sinistar']What does the -sw do?[/QUOTE]

Windowed mode, if you put no border on a fullscreen it doesn't make much sense now does it?

Anyone figure out how to get the 360 controller working with this game? I wanted to use it since it seemed like it would be work better then a keyboard and mouse, but the right stick doesn't seem to work.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Anyone figure out how to get the 360 controller working with this game? I wanted to use it since it seemed like it would be work better then a keyboard and mouse, but the right stick doesn't seem to work.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if Zeno Clash has the config but try typing in console 'exec 360controller'

If Zeno Clash doesn't have it, steal it from L4D or TF2. If you don't own either of those you should buy them :lol:

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I don't know if Zeno Clash has the config but try typing in console 'exec 360controller'

If Zeno Clash doesn't have it, steal it from L4D or TF2. If you don't own either of those you should buy them :lol:[/quote]
You should of looked at my now playing list in my signature. ;)

I'll be sure to try that out next time I play Zeno Clash.

This game showed up on some of the torrent sites yesterday, and it looked like one of the devs made comments on all the boards apologizing for there not being any demo yet, and if they download the torrent and like it, they should buy the game.

Thought that was sorta classy.

[quote name='jalu6']This game showed up on some of the torrent sites yesterday, and it looked like one of the devs made comments on all the boards apologizing for there not being any demo yet, and if they download the torrent and like it, they should buy the game.

Thought that was sorta classy.[/QUOTE]

Extremely classy. I bet a move like that would easily get people to buy the game.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Extremely classy. I bet a move like that would easily get people to buy the game.[/QUOTE]

I agree. You don't see many devs/publishers doing that. If they did that, i'd probably have to buy the game out of respect.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Extremely classy. I bet a move like that would easily get people to buy the game.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, probably not. Pirates are assholes.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I agree. You don't see many devs/publishers doing that. If they did that, i'd probably have to buy the game out of respect.[/quote]

Introversion had a pretty cool strategy. They intentionally released a pirated version of Defcon hoping that pirates would populate the servers and give customers more people to play against. Then after a bit, they switched off all the pirated versions and asked people to buy the game to continue playing. According to this interview, people ended up buying copies from the pirated version. So basically they used torrent sites to release an extended multiplayer demo.

Still waiting for a Zeno Clash demo myself. They should release 20 minute demos with the preorder deals, just to give people a small taste. I'm sure you'd get more sales that way.

[quote name='vherub']demo is now up on steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22220/
I'll also add I enjoyed the game[/quote]

I too enjoyed the demo. The melee combat takes a little bit of getting used to, but kneeing a parrot-man in the face then throwing him into a man-sized ogre is pretty awesome. Wish i would have pre-ordered for $10.

bread's done
Back