Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward (999 sequel) available for preorder

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Just a heads up that it's one more game to look forward to this year if you're a new Vita owner or thinking of getting one. Amazon has it available for preorder for $39.99 and shows an October 24th release date. No idea if that's accurate but it could very well be.

Anyway, I'm hyped. 999 is one my favorite games ever.

Amazon listing says this for the description:

• Follow-up to 2010's award-winning puzzle adventure Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.
  • Old friends from 999 return to join a new cast.
  • Novel sections fully-voiced in English and Japanese.
  • Plenty of replayability, with twenty-four different endings.
  • New mysteries to solve.

Let's see if I were to go with the Vita version it will set me back for new versions:
Vita console wi-fi only version: $250
Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward $40
Taxes: $XX
So I need at least $300 in order to experience the sequel to 999 on the Vita. Unless, I'm missing some key accessories like a memory card for game saves or PSN $$ card for download content.

If were to go the 3DS route, new only. I'm guessing the game will cost the same for a new copy:
3DS $170
ZE: VLR $40
So at least $210, unless I forgot some other needed accessory to get the full experience.

I don't really care for 3D on the 3DS (I was a late adopter of the touch screen Nintendo DS when I was playing the Gameboy Advance still).

The Vita is still kind of pricey and it appears to me that there isn't a TV out like the PSP 2000/3000. (I game mostly at home so at 480p on a moderately sized television is a better gaming experience for me.) Oh, so many options and about 8 months until then.

I am very excited for this to come out. So much i might even buy it for both consoles. Maybe I will even strap on my 999 watch i got while i play it. :)

There was no way this game was not going to be released in the West. If I recall correctly, 999 sold better outside of Japan and this new game sold terribly in Japan. There's more money to be made in the US, Europe etc., which is quite amazing when you consider that we're talking about the visual novel genre.

[quote name='Hiei69']There was no way this game was not going to be released in the West. If I recall correctly, 999 sold better outside of Japan and this new game sold terribly in Japan. There's more money to be made in the US, Europe etc., which is quite amazing when you consider that we're talking about the visual novel genre.[/QUOTE]

Actually VLR on both system sold about the same as 999 for first week. Also 999 was never release in Europe

[quote name='Layd Dly']I am very excited for this to come out. So much i might even buy it for both consoles. Maybe I will even strap on my 999 watch i got while i play it. :)[/QUOTE]

It would be awesome to get another watch for pre-ordering! Maybe this time, one that could be adjusted to fit various wrist sizes. My 999 watch barely fits my wrist.

bread's done
Back