ZipZoomFly can LickMyChode

redgopher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
ZipZoomFly,

I'd like to state for the record my dissatisfaction with your service.

I called in this RMA and told Jennifer Lee ([email protected]) what my problem was. I ordered an Asus A8V Deluxe K8T800 Pro motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 3500+ combo. I installed it into my system, specs listed below:

XFX nVidia GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 AGP 8x GPU
500W Zpower Elements PSU
60GB Maxtor IDE Drive
40GB Seagate IDE Drive
52x32x52 LiteOn CD-R
32x generic cdrom
512MB Kingston CAS3 DDR400

I ran Doom 3 and tested the framerate, which was approximately 30-40fps. For example, in the first level, looking at the dropship after the opening cutscene would render 30 frames per second. I got ~19000 3dmarks in 3dmark01, where the same systems would test around 25000-30000. This is completely unacceptable. I put my video card into a friend's socket 754 AMD Athlon 3400 machine with 512MB CAS2 DDR400 and Doom3 ran at 150 fps. Therefore, it is not my video card that is defective. I swapped out the power supply for a name brand, no change in performance. I removed my extra CDROM drive, HDD and even a case fan to see if there was adequate power. No change. I swapped out my friend's CAS2 ram and tested. No change. I reinstalled windows twice, updated every single driver and the bios for the motherboard. No change.

I spent over four hours a day for an entire week trying to figure out what the hell was causing this bottleneck. After I eliminated every single possibility, I called your customer service for an RMA. I explained all of what I just wrote in this email to Jennifer, expecting it to be written in a report. I sent my order back and it was received on the 16th of February.

I called yesterday and spoke with your customer service staff. They told me that the products checked out fine, that Henry had sent me a test results email, asking what to do with the order. Since I had not replied, they sent it back to me.

I NEVER RECEIVED ANY TEST RESULTS EMAIL. I asked to speak with the technician. I told him what the problem was and asked him if he had tested the video chipset. He said "No." I asked him, did you see in the report that it says what the problem was, that I was having poor video performance? He said that there wasn't anything in the report about it. I asked him if I should refuse the package when it comes to my house so he can test it again. He said, "Test it again and give us a call back if the problem still exists." I asked him to forward me the test results (the forwarded email is attached), because I never received them in the first place. Looking at them, all I can see is the same stuff I looked at to make sure my CPU was running at full speed. Of course it is running at full speed. That's not the problem, I said. The problem is with the video chipset. He said, again, "Test it again and give us a call back if the problem still exists." "You still do not understand," I said.

I told him that I tested it for a week, four hours a day. That is over a day of my life wasted trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with a $400 motherboard/cpu combo with a $400 video card. This thing should be fast. Burning rubber fast.

He said, "Test it again and give us a call back if the problem still exists. If it still doesn't work, call us and we will send you a return shipping label so you don't have to pay shipping." Fine.

I have three huge problems with your service:

1. When I called in the RMA, my problem was never logged so the technician knew what to test.
2. The technician never sent the test results to me, so I could not call back in time to talk about it before it was sent back to me.
3. I was given the run around on the phone with the technician, told to test it again several times (Are you kidding me? I tested it for a week. How in the hell could one test with CPU-Z, a meager software program, fix my VIDEO CHIPSET ISSUE?), and then return it again for more testing.

After burning away ~28 hours of my life testing this faulty hardware and now wasting $15 for shipping it back and over two weeks and waiting for this completely unacceptable service and response, I am more frustrated and dissatisifed with your service, support and technicians than I have been with any company, ever.

Please do something about this. I spent a lot of money purchasing hardware from your company to receive nothing but a broken motherboard and terrible customer service.

/sig

Long story. You certainly spent a lot of time testing, whereas I would have just sent it back almost immeadiately. Hope it gets resolved....

[quote name='Scorch']:pics: of Jennifer.Lee?[/quote]

yourmom.jpg

Did you download the latest 4-in-1 drivers from viaarena.com? 1st thing above all to update. Also, is this a CLEAN install of windows?

*EDIT* Also, CAS 3 memory is every high latency. I would doublecheck and see if you could get away with CAS 2.5 at least, 2.5 is pretty standard fanfare CAS 2 being the most desired.

that sucks just a little thing of someone not wanting them to do there job makes them lose a cudtomer I assume.I have never had a prob with zipzoomfly

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='Scorch']:pics: of Jennifer.Lee?[/quote]

yourmom.jpg
[/quote]

I met her on eharmony.com. Her last boyfriend buried her dentures in the backyard and lost the map.

[quote name='rockhero']Make sure the motherboard settings are correct and the motherboard AGP drivers are installed.[/quote]

For the two of you who suggested this, here is a quote from the OP:

I reinstalled windows twice, updated every single driver and the bios for the motherboard. No change.

First off, you never stated what resolution you were running it at. Also, what are your settings for AA? And the refresh rate on your monitor-are you set to vsync? And one thing you forgot to check is that if you have a soundcard. Do you? That could be your problem there. Also, what the hell do you mean by video chipset? If you are using a graphics card, that becomes your VGA and it has nothing to do with the integrated graphics on the mobo. Check your bios and make sure it is set to vga and not integrated.

DOOM 3 at 150fps!!! Holy shit. Take a look at my rig and I can just barely keep it around 45.

-Intel P4 3.2Ghz 800fsb oc'ed to 3.6
-MSI 875P NEOFIS2R
-1 GB Kingston HyperX @ 533 mhz
-MSI GeForce 5900XT 128MB
Core Clock oc'ed to 600mhz
Memory oc'ed to 800mhz
-WD 120GB & 250GB HDD's
-LiteOn 52x32x52 CDRW
-LiteOn 16x Dual Layer DVDRW
-Antec 1000LMG PlusView LE
-Antec True 480W PSU
-ViewSonic 19in. P95fb