Zombieland is the funniest movie of the year.

[quote name='gindias']This rule applies to funerals and public executions too, which is what going to see this film was like. It was an ok film but no where near as funny as Schindlers List.[/QUOTE]

lol nothing like a hype crowd to really amp up the enjoyment factor of a funeral lol.

went just this past weekend and it was one of the best movies of the year. Some good shit this year like star trek, distict 9, gi joe, and this.

i saw this as a zombie and im sure i enjoyed it the most. altho i am having trouble remembering parts of the film..

At its best, Zombieland is a semi-amusing film that plays as if it were made by people who’ve never seen a decent zombie movie. At its worst, it is just another example of Hollywood mining a genre that needs to be put to rest. Also why is that annoying Jew kid talking throughout the whole damn movie?

It was pretty good. Kind of a lull there for a while and finished alright. The first 30-40 minutes are the best. Loved the gas station scene.

I would say 7.5/10 at best.

[quote name='access_denied']just watched it. It's a good movie and had some funny parts, but i wouldn't call it hilarious, and i definitely wouldn't say it's the funniest movie of the year. The hangover topped this by a long shot. Zombieland had some quirky characters and a good plot. I can even see the comedy in the movie. The problem is, the comedy just wasn't that funny. I found myself chuckling a lot more than laughing. It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't as funny as everybody says. Anyway, just my 2 cents.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Just watched it. It's a good movie and had some funny parts, but I wouldn't call it hilarious, and I definitely wouldn't say it's the funniest movie of the year. The Hangover topped this by a long shot. Zombieland had some quirky characters and a good plot. I can even see the comedy in the movie. The problem is, the comedy just wasn't that funny. I found myself chuckling a lot more than laughing. It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't as funny as everybody says. Anyway, just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

This.

I don't think I ever full-on laughed, always just chuckling.

I still like Shaun of the Dead better.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']This.

I don't think I ever full-on laughed, always just chuckling.

I still like Shaun of the Dead better.[/QUOTE]

Needed more sharks and Goldberg Santas, eh?

Saw it this morning and it was very good, one of my top 10 favorite movies of the year.

Don't know if anyone felt like this, but after the movie it felt like you could replace the guy who played Columbus with Michael Cera and the result would have been exactly the same.

Also the cameo was the best part.

[quote name='TheRock88']Don't know if anyone felt like this, but after the movie it felt like you could replace the guy who played Columbus with Michael Cera and the result would have been exactly the same.[/QUOTE]

It would've been the same, except it would've sucked because Michael Cera would be in it.

I liked Cera in Arrested Development, Superbad, and that internet show he did (can't remember what it's called), but after that it became unmistakably apparent that he's only capable of playing one character. The kid in Zombieland can play the awkward role just as well, if not a little better than Cera, and he seemed capable of playing more diverse roles. I already prefer this kid over Cera. He strikes me as a better actor, and his face doesn't make me want to vomit.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Just watched it. It's a good movie and had some funny parts, but I wouldn't call it hilarious, and I definitely wouldn't say it's the funniest movie of the year. The Hangover topped this by a long shot. Zombieland had some quirky characters and a good plot. I can even see the comedy in the movie. The problem is, the comedy just wasn't that funny. I found myself chuckling a lot more than laughing. It wasn't a bad movie, it just wasn't as funny as everybody says. Anyway, just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

I completely agreed. In fact, its actually kind of a letdown because all the hype surrounding this movie.

Its not a bad movie but I wished I rented it instead.

Good flick, and i will add it to my collection but the Hangover was the best comedy of the year so far.

[quote name='numbier_wun']It's entertaining, but honestly, I think the movie Orphan is funnier than this.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking of checking that out how is it overall?

[quote name='lokizz']i was thinking of checking that out how is it overall?[/QUOTE]

It's alright. Takes a little while to get into the killing, but like I said, the beginning has a few pretty damn funny parts. There is one problem I had with the plot line though, but I don't want to say because I don't want to ruin it for you. But yeah, it is definitely worth checking out.

I saw it tonight. It was great, not fantastic but great. I do agree about Eisenberg could be replaced by Cera but I think Eisenberg has a slightly larger range than Cera. Also, it was cool to see the amusement park from my town (Wild Adventures) used in the movie.

[quote name='numbier_wun']It's alright. Takes a little while to get into the killing, but like I said, the beginning has a few pretty damn funny parts. There is one problem I had with the plot line though, but I don't want to say because I don't want to ruin it for you. But yeah, it is definitely worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

cool ill check it out then. the comercials made it seem interesting and got me curious about it.

bread's done
Back