zombieland

[quote name='dragoun']i was hoping that someone could help me find the best deal for zombieland. looking for either real cheap or extra stuff if wher ever i buy it. thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

This is the spot where people post DVD & Blu-ray deals. If you're not willing to do the leg work yourself, then gtfo. :roll:

[quote name='Arakias']its not worth owning/watching more than once. the best deal is $1 / night redbox rental[/QUOTE]

False. Zombieland was awesome. One of the best movies of 2009, and perhaps the best zombie movie of all time. Absolutely worth owning.

Yeah, this should be moved but GTFO Really? Come one people!

Ok, now I'm curious and I"m going to add to a thread that is in the wrong place :)

What is so special about the BBY Exclusive Blu-Ray?

I forgot to cancel my order and it already shipped from Amazon today @ $23.49, which is the lowest I've seen it. Seems this movie is destined for a high price until it stops selling well.

[quote name='BingoBrown']

False. Zombieland was awesome. One of the best movies of 2009, and perhaps the best zombie movie of all time. Absolutely worth owning.[/QUOTE]

I don't even...

[quote name='ryanbw']Yeah, this should be moved but GTFO Really? Come one people!

Ok, now I'm curious and I"m going to add to a thread that is in the wrong place :)

What is so special about the BBY Exclusive Blu-Ray?[/QUOTE]

Comes with an extra disc that has a bonus featurette and behind-the-scenes footage

One of my favorites of the year, I will be getting this with a gift card from bestbuy for the extras.

If anyone has a Meijer near them, the blu-ray version is only 21.99. Best price I've seen and where I'm picking mine up.

[quote name='Arakias']its not worth owning/watching more than once. the best deal is $1 / night redbox rental[/QUOTE]

Totally disagree. This movie is awesome.

BTW - Much of it was filmed in South Georgia where I went to college.

You hated the movie and yet felt the need to go into a thread clearly about the movie to add this treasure of a comment? Do the world a favor and STFU.

I believe fry's was the cheapest. For normal DVD it was 15.99, and I think it was 22.99 for Blu-ray. However, the cost of tax alone within CA makes Amazon worth it, if you can get free shipping (I have Prime so I'll probably wait and buy it from Amazon)

I also love this movie! And this is coming from somebody that typically isn't into the whole "zombie" thing. I'll pick it up on Blu-Ray eventually.

you couldn't be more wrong. you could try, but you would not be successful...

I, too, was wondering the same thing as the OP. I was really hoping for $19.99 at Walmart B&M, but all I got was a drunk crackhead behind me screaming across the store at her friend. Is the extra disc at BB worth $5? I'm afraid I'll have to hold off until it goes below $20.

[quote name='BingoBrown']False. Zombieland was awesome. One of the best movies of 2009, and perhaps the best zombie movie of all time. Absolutely worth owning.[/QUOTE]

Hey, let's not go overboard here by considering it the top zombie movie of all time. It was certainly high entertainment, but it simply couldn't exist without other trailblazing genre entries upon which to build. The fact that it doesn't bother to include any thought-provoking social commentary or hard science fiction keeps it from the top spot. I'm not saying that those things should have been shoehorned into Zombieland because it's clear from the get-go that the film doesn't even want to bother with any of that. But, in my mind, the best zombie movie ever should have more than blood and guts and some laughs. What I can give you is that Zombieland definitely has the best cameo ever in a zombie movie. :D

[quote name='chuckstaton']Moviestop is pretty much always your cheapest option with a preorder, when getting day-of-release titles.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is true, and I used to manage one.

If you pre-order a movie from them, they'll beat the lowest price from any B&M store in the nation.

I'll be picking this one up on blu-ray eventually, just want it to drop to about $14.99 which will take some time. Just have to be patient.

I will eventually buy this one but I just can't fathom buying blu-rays for more than 20 bucks anymore. However, I could definitely watch the movie multiple times I absolutely loved it!

Still have The Dark Knight and Iron Man which I bought on release day sealed in my collection. I still got around 100 in BBV credit so I'll check the price there.

[quote name='GraftonWVDiskExchang']Best Zombie movie since "Shaun Of The Dead"

The whole
Bill Murray
part was just classic![/QUOTE]
should be spoilered for those who have not seen/read it

[quote name='fizzywix']should be spoilered for those who have not seen/read it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that one guy down on Third Street who was in a coma during release.

[quote name='capybara554321']so i went to best buy and they only had 3 copies of the special edition bluray[/QUOTE]
Super cool story, bro!

Damn, I was gonna share my 'cool story' too! Yeah, the Special Edition is in limited quantities and really easy to miss. I had a regular in my hand before I noticed the SE had a special banner around the edge. So I grabbed that. Yeah, $25 is steep, but I'll probably watch it tonight. Unfortunately, the bonus disc is a DVD. There is however a PSP friendly digital copy which is nice :)

hellzzzzz yea...my BB RZ points pended over yesterday, so I had enough to get a $10 coupon, and only 17 points away from getting another $5 coupon (c'mon other purchases...pend quick!)

So that'll bring my Zombieland BD purchase to right under $15, yay!

anyone watched this on BD yet? I used another $10 coup i had this past weekend on District 9 BD (my first BD experience), and although I found the quality surpisingly good on my 1080i LCD, the audio wasnt that great (even used my 5.1 surround sound...with the volume turned to around 35-36 *note* i only usually have to have it at 24 when playing games to be thumpin'..i thought this was supposed to be HD audio yo?!)...and by the time I used my coupon, I still had to pay $21+

[quote name='jcp42877']hellzzzzz yea...my BB RZ points pended over yesterday, so I had enough to get a $10 coupon, and only 17 points away from getting another $5 coupon (c'mon other purchases...pend quick!)

So that'll bring my Zombieland BD purchase to right under $15, yay!

anyone watched this on BD yet? I used another $10 coup i had this past weekend on District 9 BD (my first BD experience), and although I found the quality surpisingly good on my 1080i LCD, the audio wasnt that great (even used my 5.1 surround sound...with the volume turned to around 35-36 *note* i only usually have to have it at 24 when playing games to be thumpin'..i thought this was supposed to be HD audio yo?!)...and by the time I used my coupon, I still had to pay $21+[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about district 9's audio or zombieland? I have yet to watch zombieland, but district 9's audio is top notch. Near reference quality...

Also, if anybody is interested I just picked up zombieland from BB and the 3rd disc(disc for the special nut up edition) is not anchored in the case.
It is just in a white sleeve loose within the case.

I got an email from Borders saying that the DVD is $17.99 and the BD is like $22.99, but they circulate coupons all the time, so could be as low as like 13.70 for the BD depending on the coupons. Just thought you guys might like to know.

[quote name='integrafied1']Are you talking about district 9's audio or zombieland? I have yet to watch zombieland, but district 9's audio is top notch. Near reference quality...

Also, if anybody is interested I just picked up zombieland from BB and the 3rd disc(disc for the special nut up edition) is not anchored in the case.
It is just in a white sleeve loose within the case.[/QUOTE]

I meant D9's. I mean, i just don't know...I had my subwoofer on the highest lvl, all the speakers using the surround enhancement...and yet i had to keep jacking up the volume for the movie to feel "cinema-like"...when games like Uncharted 2, I can leave the volume at normal and gunshots in the cinematic scenes of that movie just resonate in my room.

eesh...

[quote name='jcp42877']I used another $10 coup i had this past weekend on District 9 BD (my first BD experience), and although I found the quality surpisingly good on my 1080i LCD, the audio wasnt that great (even used my 5.1 surround sound...with the volume turned to around 35-36 *note* i only usually have to have it at 24 when playing games to be thumpin'..i thought this was supposed to be HD audio yo?!)[/QUOTE]

Higher quality audio doesn't mean louder audio. In general, DVDs and Blu-rays use a wider dynamic range than most CDs and games. The net effect is that most of the audio you hear in your movies may appear to be quieter than you're used to with music and games, but the range ultimately gives you a more varied and realistic experience.

[quote name='rapsodist']Higher quality audio doesn't mean louder audio. In general, DVDs and Blu-rays use a wider dynamic range than most CDs and games. The net effect is that most of the audio you hear in your movies may appear to be quieter than you're used to with music and games, but the range ultimately gives you a more varied and realistic experience.[/QUOTE]

ahhhh, ok! that makes good sense!

Hastings has this in their weekly ad for $19.99 for today only (2/2) which is the cheapest ive seen it; could PM at best buy.
See the ad here

[quote name='david12795']What's included in the special edition?[/QUOTE]

a bonus dvd disc with 2 extra features:
*"Shootin' Zombies w/ Ruben Fleischer" - director talks about creating the movie..
*Behind the scenes w/ the cast and crew

told ya guys! glad I didn't wait for the weekend for RZ certs to be ready for me..I seriously thought about it though..

who could've really known though? these sort of things happen..makes sense that their entire first run should be this Special Edition, and not just a few. This thing doesn't have a slip case or anything. just a pithy bonus disc thrown into a paper holder, put inside the case. this ain't know triple disc case or anything..

Make sure you look for a display case at BB too, they had none on the shelf but 15-20 in a display near the front of the store.

My in-store pickup gave me the regular version, I was going to switch it out but decided not to since the cover for the Nut Up edition is kind of ugly w/ the border, haha.

FLOL, total fail. As others have said, this movie was extremely entertaining. It's only flaw is that it isn't long enough. I could easily watch dozens of hours of footage from the "Zombieland universe", particularly with Michael Cera and Woody Harrelson.

Just fantastic...

When did Michael Cera show up? I haven't seen it yet but the guy in the movie is the same guy from Adventureland, Jesse Eisenberg

Would have been funny as hell to see Michael Cera shooting Zombies though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was sold out of the special edition but had plenty of the regular version. Picked it up anyways cause I didnt feel like wasting a trip plus I loved the movie.

Picked up mine today NUOSU edition and my store had like 4 of those and 4 of the regs. Seems to me that BB is getting fewer and fewer new releases these days. Also picked up GF 1,2, Gangs Of New York, and the New Universal Solider movie with the $5 off coupon. They only had 2 GONY at my store.

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL, total fail. As others have said, this movie was extremely entertaining. It's only flaw is that it isn't long enough. I could easily watch dozens of hours of footage from the "Zombieland universe", particularly with Michael Cera and Woody Harrelson.

Just fantastic...[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're aware of it, but Zombieland was originally meant to be a TV show. I was at a screening with a Q&A with the writers, and they claimed that they had already written a full season's worth of stories, with numerous other ideas jotted down for a second season. The film covers what would have been the pilot episode. So there's definitely a lot to mine for future sequels!

[quote name='Britshady']When did Michael Cera show up? I haven't seen it yet but the guy in the movie is the same guy from Adventureland, Jesse Eisenberg

Would have been funny as hell to see Michael Cera shooting Zombies though.[/QUOTE]

When I saw Adventureland, I was wondering who they got to play Michael Cera...

bread's done
Back