Zone Of Enders: 2nd Runner PS2 $39.99 GQD Reprint

I just traded my used copy in today in anticipation of this reprint. Hurrah.

Did you do it after you read this or did you somehow already know it was being reprinted?

I have this game and had no idea it was rare. A great game with a great story. My favorite part though is the Gradius voice when Leo powers up.

I picked ZOE 2 up complete at Gamerush several months ago for $10. Haven't gotten around to playing it though, even though I liked the first quite a bit.

Wow, I knew it was hard to find, but didn't know it was rare enough to warrant a reprint. I got mine for 5 bucks at the Circuit City deal of legend. Def. get it if you get the chance.

i thought this happened a while ago. i remember i couldn't find the game anywhere for the longest time, then over the summer every single eb and gamestop had "used" copies that were mint and complete.

i bought this awhile back at GS for $17. the apparently raised the price a few months later to $39.99!? it is pretty hard to find and its actually better than the first game imho. im sure kojima is firing this one up for the ps3 after mgs4.

They did this a couple months ago, it's been available on their site and at Gamestops/EBs for a while now. Good news for people who don't have it yet though. I'd order direct from them, since EB/GS will open and gut them since they're treated as used.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a copy for $5 a couple CC clearances ago. Though at least I've already played through it.

[quote name='espy605']Did you do it after you read this or did you somehow already know it was being reprinted?

I have this game and had no idea it was rare. A great game with a great story. My favorite part though is the Gradius voice when Leo powers up.[/quote]

I knew it was being reprinted.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Wow, I knew it was hard to find, but didn't know it was rare enough to warrant a reprint. I got mine for 5 bucks at the Circuit City deal of legend. Def. get it if you get the chance.[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's when I got mine, too. What a steal.

Is GQD getting desperate or something? They are now reprinting games that weren't even hard to find to begin with. Also, did this game ever get over $40 or $50 in value? Kind of strange what GQD is doing.

[quote name='JunkyardGod']it's rare?!

i bought it for $10 at a local gamestore, and they have a ton of'em.[/quote]

Then, you should sell them to me for $20 each. In turn, I will sell them on eBay for $30.

I'm genuinely surprised GQD would reprint this. I thought they favored rare games with values greater than $50.

They must be getting desperate.

EDIT: Perhaps this explains the move. http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/konami/zone-of-the-enders-3-for-playstation-3-204421.php

A company that reprints rare (though now they seem to be doing not so rare games) games. They say it is so people are able to play them but their method of distributing them to the public says it's so they can make a big profit while customers still think they are getting a rare game. Then after the public catches on they drop prices a bit.

It started off with rare games like Persona 2 and Rhapsody for the PS1, but now it has ventured into games like Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts Covenant (I think this was a reprint, not 100% sure) and now Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner. What is strange about it is that the original purpose was stated as being to reprint games that were outrageously priced on ebay. Now they have started doing ones that you could get for a somewhat reasonable price. Neither of those 3 i listed above were ever going for over $50 on ebay.

i guess this is is something else i'm gonna have to snag now...i've been looking around for quite some time for this and ZOE1...and i loved the heck out of the ZOE2 demo..

[quote name='s0nlxaftrsh0ck']i guess this is is something else i'm gonna have to snag now...i've been looking around for quite some time for this and ZOE1...and i loved the heck out of the ZOE2 demo..[/QUOTE]

ZOE1 is $4.99 used at Gamestop. I seen a lot of complete copies with the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo at mine.

I love how they call everything they reprint rare... it was true for a few games but it's just BS. You can find ZoE2 for a lot less on eBay.

[quote name='Vinny']I love how they call everything they reprint rare... it was true for a few games but it's just BS. You can find ZoE2 for a lot less on eBay.[/QUOTE]

not really, i sold my used ZOE 2 a few weeks ago for $39 shipped on ebay.
ZOE2 was already reprinted at that time.
it seems that a quite a few copies of ZOE2 (new) got sold recently for $45.20 shipped on ebay.

It looks like GQD is just grasping for anything they can get their hands on now. Used copies of ZOE2 were selling for $40 on Ebay before the re-print and now they are selling it for $40 new.

Ya, a great service they are doing for gamers. :roll: What's next? Re-prints of $20 Greatest Hits games?

They would be doing gamers a favor if they get reprints of Suikoden 2 and Valkyrie Profile out. Altho collector's and ebayers would be in total outrage.

Is it integral to play the first ZoE in order to get the storyline in the second?

The stories are loosely connected, but no, it isn't necessary. I think there is a prologue bit in the game, even if there wasn't, there's plenty of exposition so you won't get lost in the details. However, if you have played the first game, it's a treat when characters from there show up in the second.

[quote name='explorer1990']So, can someone inform me what exactly this Games Quest Direct is?[/quote]
One likes to think of it as a blood sucking menace.

[quote name='MadFlava']Wow, this game was the first CAG deal I ever got in on. Back in fall of 2003, I picked this up at a CC clearance for $5.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, only it was Jan 04

game is rare but only because it's old and out of print. i dont think demand is out there to justify reprint

but i guess they did it anyway in anticipation for zoe3 for ps3. that was announced like a month ago, so GQD wanted to be prepared or something

bread's done
Back