ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='sj41']Thom Yorke from Radiohead is the lead singer of UNKLE or is he just singing for this one song? I had a friend today tell me about a Thom Yorke solo project that I didn't know of.[/quote]

Just that one song. UNKLE doesn't have a permanent lead singer...they usually just get people from other bands (Thom Yorke, Josh Homme, Gavin Clark, Ian Astbury, Richard Ashcroft, Badly Drawn Boy, etc.) to sing on their tracks. They also have a lot of all-instrumental stuff with no vocalist.

Thom Yorke has an all-electronic solo CD called The Eraser that looks like this:

61hV02uyEDL._SS500_.jpg

It's available in the Zune Marketplace, along with some really killer remixes.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Didn't that like just come out today? Dang.

Any impressions?[/quote]

If you liked any of their previous stuff, you'll like it. Haven't had time to listen to the whole thing though. IMO its worth it alone for just "Gives you hell" and "The Real World". Worth the 79 points.

If anyone has downloaded it, I was wondering on the track "Fallin' Apart" at 2:50 does it like skip forward? Just wondering if its apart of the song or if it downloaded weird.

Edit : More Sales.
All 79 points
-Ghostface killah "Ghostdeini the great"
-Saliva "Cinco Diablo"
-Soulja Boy tellem "Isouljaboy" (

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll definitely be buying that All American Rejects album then, as well as the Ghostface Killah album.

Are these sales coming up on the main marketplace tab?

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'll definitely be buying that All American Rejects album then, as well as the Ghostface Killah album.

Are these sales coming up on the main marketplace tab?[/quote]

No, To find the others I had to hit the genre on the left and it was on the main genre tab saying those albums were 79 points. Picked up three albums today :D. Will be deciding if I want the Ghostface Killah album by the end of the week.

Couldnt resist .. got the Ghostface Killah album last night. I listened to a few sample tracks on Amazon (do they have samples on zune marketplace? If not thats something they need to change) and it sounded pretty good for 99 cents.

[quote name='Maklershed']Couldnt resist .. got the Ghostface Killah album last night. I listened to a few sample tracks on Amazon (do they have samples on zune marketplace? If not thats something they need to change) and it sounded pretty good for 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

They do, just double-click the song and you get a 30 preview.

Microsoft is finally throwing their money around effectively....If I didn't have a zune already, I would be impressed and buy one for the fact that I can buy new albums now for a dollar compared to 10 dollars on amazon

I got the Ghostface album earlier this morning. Some really good stuff on there for less than a buck. I've always wanted a good sample of "All that I've got" and I've got that now.

Question: what track does lil wayne appear on that Fall out Boys album???? I can't find it....

[quote name='strongpimphand']Question: what track does lil wayne appear on that Fall out Boys album???? I can't find it....[/quote]
On Wikipedia it says "Tiffany Blews".
Haven't really listen to the fall out boy album so I can't tell you. Been loving AAR CD :D

Question for anyone with an 80/120GB Zune. I'm getting a 120GB Gears of War 2 Zune for Christmas, and I was curious as to what cases people would recommend for those Zune sizes. I don't want one of the plastic cases, but I also want one that has something that somewhat protects the screen. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I've burned a handful of mix CD's for friends/co-workers for Xmas and I'm looking for software that will let me print out a basic CD case insert with track listings and artist names.

The Zune software doesn't seem to do it, which is kind of disappointing. Do you guys have anything you'd recommend? I remember using a Flash-based program on the net in the past but I can't seem to locate it now.

[quote name='jp0213']Question for anyone with an 80/120GB Zune. I'm getting a 120GB Gears of War 2 Zune for Christmas, and I was curious as to what cases people would recommend for those Zune sizes. I don't want one of the plastic cases, but I also want one that has something that somewhat protects the screen. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

I have this case for my 80GB, which I like a lot. It has a magnetic cover that protects the screen but I've also added an Invisible Shield to it for a little added durability.

[quote name='bmachine']
I have this case for my 80GB, which I like a lot. It has a magnetic cover that protects the screen but I've also added an Invisible Shield to it for a little added durability.[/quote]

Thank you for that, I ordered the invisible shield today. I'm going to hold off on the case for a week or two when I get my end of the month paycheck. Question on the invisible shield though, where it shows the front piece (I got a full case version) it shows that it might cover the main button, will that affect the touchpad sensitivity or does it not actually cover it like that?

[quote name='jp0213']Thank you for that, I ordered the invisible shield today. I'm going to hold off on the case for a week or two when I get my end of the month paycheck. Question on the invisible shield though, where it shows the front piece (I got a full case version) it shows that it might cover the main button, will that affect the touchpad sensitivity or does it not actually cover it like that?[/quote]

I only got the screen shield so I'm not really sure about that.

So I think I'm finally gonna grab a Zune, 249.99 for the 120 gig with the A/V Home pack. I just got a question. Is it true that if I delete songs off of my computer, they get removed off my Zune?

[quote name='King']So I think I'm finally gonna grab a Zune, 249.99 for the 120 gig with the A/V Home pack. I just got a question. Is it true that if I delete songs off of my computer, they get removed off my Zune?[/quote]

I'm afraid that's true. There MIGHT be a workaround for it, but I'm not sure. It shouldn't be a deal-breaker though.:cool::cool::cool:

I've deleted songs off of my computer and never lost them on my original Zune. That was the main reason I switched from the iPod to the Zune. If you connected your iPod to another computer, or to yours after a rebuild and hadn't quite setup your itunes yet, it would wipe out your iPod because the database didn't match. Disabling the Auto-sync in iTunes always irritated the crap out of me. I've purposefully and accidentally deleted items from my PC and never had that happen with my Zune. Now that is because for the first sync I set it to Auto-Sync everything. After that initial sync I then change it to manual. I leave my Podcasts as auto-sync though.

I actually used/use my Zune as a mobile backup of all my Audio/Podcasts. Since it can be hooked up to any computer and download the music from the Zune to the PC no issue, it's a perfect mobile backup.

I'm having a problem playing my little sister at checkers. I have a Zune 30 and she has an 8 GB flash Zune, and it doesn't show up on her screen any of the moves that she makes. I've played several matches against friends with a Zune 30 and I've played Texas Hold Em with someone that has a Zune 80, but checkers hasn't been working for us. Any fixes or anybody else with the same problem?

Is there a way to create a "Random Folder" with all the single songs I have? I don't like how it adds the complete artist and I only have one song from them. I downloaded the free Zune songs but I just want to put them all under one artist. How do I do this?

Are there any other cheapass albums or tv shows on the marketplace? Any free ones?

Edit: For those interested, that new Common album is like 79 cents in the marketplace. It's only the "Zune Version" though. What is the difference? And why is it so cheap?

Last edited:
[quote name='Blackout']Is there a way to create a "Random Folder" with all the single songs I have? I don't like how it adds the complete artist and I only have one song from them. I downloaded the free Zune songs but I just want to put them all under one artist. How do I do this?

Are there any other cheapass albums or tv shows on the marketplace? Any free ones?

Edit: For those interested, that new Common album is like 79 cents in the marketplace. It's only the "Zune Version" though. What is the difference? And why is it so cheap?[/quote]

The Common album has been 79 points for weeks. I picked it up the first day it came out. All files were non-drm mp3's for me. Usually the "Zune Only" files are some other format besides mp3.

The main page of every genre tells you which albums are "on sale". They haven't changed anything this week that wasn't on sale last week.

There are 5 new free songs however. You can find them on the main zune marketplace page.

[quote name='Blackout']Is there a way to create a "Random Folder" with all the single songs I have? I don't like how it adds the complete artist and I only have one song from them. I downloaded the free Zune songs but I just want to put them all under one artist. How do I do this? [/quote]

Your best bet, is to select the songs all at once, or one at a time and right click and Edit. There you can set album name, artist name and more. You could set them all to Random Songs/Random Artist and they will be grouped together.

My zune is working but I got locked out of my account. I actually had my zune software up on my PC and I was listening to music and it logged me out and told me my account wasn't associated with the software or something like that.

I'm afraid to turn on my 30gb now..

EDIT - Fantastic, mines is stuck at the loading screen. I hope MS decides to replace them..I'd love to get back a non brown zune.

[quote name='Machine']My 30gb bricked this morning. Very annoying.[/quote]
Ditto. It's Z2K9 and I'm pissed.:bomb:

It might be related to Leap Year, of all things. Keep an eye out in this thread on the Zune forums for any updates.

I think we should all send Major Nelson a Zune message about it .
Don't be a dick just send him a message , I'm sure he'll look into it .

Make sure it's a Zune message so he can't check it on his 360 .

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Thanks for the clock, assholes.[/quote]
QFT.

I say Zune 30 users should start a campaign to get MS to give them a free 80GB upgrade if this is a permanent problem.

[quote name='Richlough']I think we should all send Major Nelson a Zune message about it .
Don't be a dick just send him a message , I'm sure he'll look into it .

Make sure it's a Zune message so he can't check it on his 360 .[/quote]

ISSUE FIXED SAYS MAJOR NELSON!!!

I don't know how yet, but I'll post a link when I find it.

Big text so everyone won't miss it.
:lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='BlueSwim']
ISSUE FIXED SAYS MAJOR NELSON!!!

I don't know how yet, but I'll post a link when I find it.

Big text so everyone won't miss it.
:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

Cool because my U2 iPod battery is shot or the device is dead .

Also , I'm pissed because I just installed iTunes on my new machine and I totally didn't want to , but I had no choice .

Lord, forgive me for saying this.....(spoilered for family/work viewing)

GOD DAMN IT!!!

From Major's Twitter: "
Ok. Major's wrong. Zune issue NOT fixed. I'll rattle some cages in Zuneland"

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

EDIT: Beaten!

EDIT 2: Keep an eye out here for the fix.

This from digg comments :

(From the Zune Boards)

Hey folks. Brian [MossyRoc] from the Zune team here. We realize there is an issue with the Zune 30 and a team is working hard right now to isolate the issue and develop a plan. I will be providing you with updates as I can. I [we] appreciate your patience, I realize this is an inconvenience and we are working hard to remedy the issue.

Brian.

This is a huge deal , it will be fixed , just not in time for me to use my Zune at work today .

Well now I'm just going to have to boot up my Zune when I get home to see if it dies like all the rest of them. This would suck a ton if a fix doesn't come out promptly.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Free upgrades for all...is what I'm hoping. I'll gladly take a Gen 2 Zune.[/QUOTE]

Maybe their fix is getting Bill to sign the check . :lol:

bread's done
Back