ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='Maklershed']Because no one listens to AM?

sorry, it had to be said :lol:
[/quote]

:D You're right. I just want to listen to this local metal station that plays at like 1 am. They only go on AM.

Is there a reason why this device does NOT offer BT/WF right out of the box, yet the IPOD touch can do it for the same price? When I was deciding on which one to get I was thinking..ok a fancy touch screen do dadd with 16 gigs with wifi or 160 gigs with no wifi with FM radio. Considering how many cd's I have put on my Zune so far, I am actually glad I got the Zune since I would have run out of space by now with the touch. Still it would be nice to find a good BT adapter that can work with my BT headset.

Also can anyone recommend me a good screen protector/screen cleaner?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Is there a reason why this device does NOT offer BT/WF right out of the box, yet the IPOD touch can do it for the same price? When I was deciding on which one to get I was thinking..ok a fancy touch screen do dadd with 16 gigs with wifi or 160 gigs with no wifi with FM radio. Considering how many cd's I have put on my Zune so far, I am actually glad I got the Zune since I would have run out of space by now with the touch. Still it would be nice to find a good BT adapter that can work with my BT headset.

[/quote]

What "160 GB" zune are you talking about with no wifi? The 120GB Zune has wifi...

Edit: Furthermore, the 2G touch contains a gimped bluetooth chip. I can't find it working with a headset at all. Why would you want it to work with your BT headset, which is more than likely a single ear set?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maklershed']Because no one listens to AM?

sorry, it had to be said :lol:
[/quote]

I never listen to FM radio, and as such don't use the radio feature on my Zune. However, if it could pick up AM channels I'd use it all the time to listen to the Cavs, Indians, etc. while I work.

[quote name='mtxbass1']What "160 GB" zune are you talking about with no wifi? The 120GB Zune has wifi...

Edit: Furthermore, the 2G touch contains a gimped bluetooth chip. I can't find it working with a headset at all. Why would you want it to work with your BT headset, which is more than likely a single ear set?[/quote]

Sorry that was a type-o on that 160 gb but you get the picture.

I do have a BT stereo headset that works fine with my cell phone, PC (with BT adapter). The reason for this is because I want something that won't fall out of my ears (plugs, like the ones that come with the Zune) or wires flopping around when I do my laps.

Don't get me wrong, but I do like my Zune over an ipod..just a bitch to find accessories when most stores are Ipod sided.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Sorry that was a type-o on that 160 gb but you get the picture.

I do have a BT stereo headset that works fine with my cell phone, PC (with BT adapter). The reason for this is because I want something that won't fall out of my ears (plugs, like the ones that come with the Zune) or wires flopping around when I do my laps.

Don't get me wrong, but I do like my Zune over an ipod..just a bitch to find accessories when most stores are Ipod sided.[/quote]

No problem... The main thing is though, is that you have to look at the capacity and intention of these devices when asking "why can't this one do that?" The touch was 16GB, the Zune is 120. That alone is a major difference. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a Zune 3 with bluetooth, but I doubt we'll see that any time soon. The need just isn't there.

You may want to look for some in-ear headphones. I have a pair of moda v-somethings that I got from the pepsi promo. They stay in your ear no matter what you do.

New question for any of you 4/8/16 Zune flash users.

I have an 8GB zune that is about 3 months old. I use it 5 times a week for 30-45 minutes at a time. When I turn it off, I hold down the play/pause and it shuts off. I flip the switch on the top and it is locked. I'm getting 4-5 hours MAX out of the battery life. I read that there should be at least 15-20 hours on the battery. What am I doing wrong here? I've turned off wi-fi and turned off the backlight.

[quote name='mtxbass1']New question for any of you 4/8/16 Zune flash users.

I have an 8GB zune that is about 3 months old. I use it 5 times a week for 30-45 minutes at a time. When I turn it off, I hold down the play/pause and it shuts off. I flip the switch on the top and it is locked. I'm getting 4-5 hours MAX out of the battery life. I read that there should be at least 15-20 hours on the battery. What am I doing wrong here? I've turned off wi-fi and turned off the backlight.[/quote]

Assuming this is the same as the hdd based Zunes, it's not off if you hold down that button, just standby. Completely off is down+back or something.

[quote name='dealer']Assuming this is the same as the hdd based Zunes, it's not off if you hold down that button, just standby. Completely off is down+back or something.[/quote]

Apparently you hold down the play/pause, which is what I've been doing.

Anyone have any other ideas as to why the battery life is so dismal on the 8GB flash zune?

Yes, hold both down and back to turn off completely.

When you press play to revive you will see the Zune logo appear again.

My battery life is generally good on my 30 and 120 gb Zunes, but if I don't use them for a few days it really suffers.

[quote name='reup']Yes, hold both down and back to turn off completely.

When you press play to revive you will see the Zune logo appear again.

My battery life is generally good on my 30 and 120 gb Zunes, but if I don't use them for a few days it really suffers.[/quote]

That only seems to apply to the hdd based zunes, not the flash based ones.

[quote name='mtxbass1']No problem... The main thing is though, is that you have to look at the capacity and intention of these devices when asking "why can't this one do that?" The touch was 16GB, the Zune is 120. That alone is a major difference. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a Zune 3 with bluetooth, but I doubt we'll see that any time soon. The need just isn't there.

You may want to look for some in-ear headphones. I have a pair of moda v-somethings that I got from the pepsi promo. They stay in your ear no matter what you do.[/quote]

Sounds good, I will check into it when I can.

As for the Zune software itself... is it safe to say that I can just dump any AVI/MPG/MOV and it will auto convert it for me to play back on the zune? I know it won't do VOB's since I have to use Handbreak for it.

[quote name='Richlough']Was the 80GB clearanced at Target ?[/quote]

I think the 30 red ones where sometime last year... unfortunately most were cleared out before we could get to them.

[quote name='Richlough']Was the 80GB clearanced at Target ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they were clearanced out the same time as the 30gb. I saw one at a store near me.

[quote name='munch']Yes, they were clearanced out the same time as the 30gb. I saw one at a store near me.[/quote]

I found a store that has 3 80GB's , I need to get to a scanner with a DCPI input . :)

Wow, I thought it was weird that my 8 GB Zune was only getting like 5 hours of battery life. Seems like it might be a common issue.

To clarify my post from before. If you hold down play/pause, you are not turning the device off, you are putting it in sleep mode. This is still going to drain the battery a lot more than being off, but obviously less than playback.

To turn the Zune completely off, you hold down back and down.

You should probably get more than 5 hours of battery life with it in sleep mode, unless you are measuring just play time over like a week or so. The battery is going to drain a lot in that time.

Morrissey's amazing new CD, Years of Refusal, is $3.99 in the Amazon MP3 store today.

51Lf6R44V8L._SS500_.jpg

[quote name='Aleman']Wow, I thought it was weird that my 8 GB Zune was only getting like 5 hours of battery life. Seems like it might be a common issue.[/quote]

Interesting...

I expect more than 5 hours out of the thing myself. I'll try the "down and back" to turn it off, but I still think that only applies to the hdd based zunes.

i was able to turn it off with down and back, but it took a while. it does seem to actually turnoff though. if you put the lock on while its off does that drain battery?

Our Zune gets about 20 hours battery life music only, and thats with the Zune on "sleep" till it decides to shut off.

Anybody have any experience with Zune Pass and multiple Zunes?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Mmm. Hold switch broke on my Zune 80. Suggestions for a fix or do I have to live with it?[/quote]

Is it less than a year old? MS will fix it.

[quote name='bmachine']Is it less than a year old? MS will fix it.[/QUOTE]

Mmm...I'll have to check. If I have to send it away, any idea how long it takes them to fix it?

EDIT: Balls. I bought it on 1/13/08. A little over a month late. Lame.

I think my 8gig Zune just die on me, I'm not sure yet, screen brightness seems to be really low, so I decide to restart my Zune. After that, my Zune doesn't turn on anymore. Battery were almost full and when I connect to my computer nothing happen.

Did this happen to anyone else before? Battery

[quote name='Khalid']I think my 8gig Zune just die on me, I'm not sure yet, screen brightness seems to be really low, so I decide to restart my Zune. After that, my Zune doesn't turn on anymore. Battery were almost full and when I connect to my computer nothing happen.

Did this happen to anyone else before? Battery[/quote]

Try to plug it in to either another USB port, or another computer. Mine did the same thing.

Could somebody give me a suggestion for the best Zune Case available.
I just traded my 8gb, plus $100, for a Zune 120.
Now I plan on installing the invisible shield. But I still need a great case.
Thanks for any suggestions.

[quote name='sunnysky']Could somebody give me a suggestion for the best Zune Case available.
I just traded my 8gb, plus $100, for a Zune 120.
Now I plan on installing the invisible shield. But I still need a great case.
Thanks for any suggestions.[/quote]

The hipcase made by DLO works nicely compared to the other armband case with swivel belt clip. Both are around the same price. The upside on the armband case with swivel clip is that it cover the entire zune front end. The down side is that it can get dirty and smuggy real quick, easier to push the wrong way in the wheel. Finally the swivel case itself is extremly easy to spin around and very loose :( Don't know if you feel good about that?

The hipcase covers the zune quite nicely , however the screen is completely exposed, so I recommend a screen protector for it. It dows have a nice flip cover that locks itself nicely. Then of course you have to realize that none of these work properly with the dock. The hipcase is very easy to slip off/on. It does have a belt clip but no swivel.

They are about 30 dollars or so at BM stores.

hope that helps.

[quote name='Khalid']I Just try it on another port and 2 other computers, it doesn't turn on.[/quote]

Do you see the faint outline of a battery in the background of the screen when you do this? It may be out of juice...

Wow, great my Zune is working again.

Seems like it was really on and I could do nothing. Today when I connect on my computer the battery were really low.

Well, thanks for the help.

Nice.

I've noticed mine did that same thing once. It hasn't done it since then, but it seemed like to get around it the first time I plugged it into another PC.

With nearly 200 cd's on my Zune... it's like damn my zune is now worth more than $230!!!!!

So many songs!!

Anyways how does one know if the Zune is completely OFF? I assume when I touch one key and it turns on that means its in stand by mode.

[quote name='sunnysky']thanks[/quote]

No problem...best place to try them out is at Best buy... since they don't care if it's open or not when you return it. See what works for you.

[quote name='ITDEFX']With nearly 200 cd's on my Zune... it's like damn my zune is now worth more than $230!!!!!

So many songs!!

Anyways how does one know if the Zune is completely OFF? I assume when I touch one key and it turns on that means its in stand by mode.[/QUOTE]

Hold back and the down on the pad.

I think what your doing right now is holding pause, so that means that only sleep mode.

[quote name='SlaughterX']I wonder if Microsoft is going to bring back their official cases for the 120GB... hopefully for less than $40 and in black too.[/quote]

I picked up the official carrying case for the Zune at Borders for 75% for 7.50! Looks good, however disappointed there was not strap, but oh well not bad for 7.50.

[quote name='SlaughterX']For the 80GB? I might have to stop next time I see one, would have never thought to look there.[/quote]

Yes, but this was the first time I have ever seen a zune accessory at Borders. They had a white one too , but off course I picked black. It would seem that it *might* carry a DS Lite/DSi as well.

bread's done
Back