ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='Darkchaos91']Today on Amazon, The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die is on sale for $1.99.[/quote]

:shock:

Sold!

EDIT: Wow, that was fast. I'm done dling the album already.

Amazon just keeps on with these great deals. Day after day, week after week, month after month. I think they truly "get it".

I long for the day that Zune has those full albums for 79 points again. I bought a few back in December, and it's put me at a very odd point balance.

There is no way to buy a specific number of microsoft points to round this out, is there?

[quote name='ITDEFX']Yes, but this was the first time I have ever seen a zune accessory at Borders. They had a white one too , but off course I picked black. It would seem that it *might* carry a DS Lite/DSi as well.[/quote]

Are you sure they're the official Microsoft ones... I've only ever seen them in brown.

01-31-09zunecase1.jpg

[quote name='SlaughterX']Are you sure they're the official Microsoft ones... I've only ever seen them in brown.

01-31-09zunecase1.jpg
[/quote]

Hmm.. mine is a gray packaging. Now it doesn't look official. More like 3rd party.

Lame.

Anyone know when Zune will be back up from its maintenance?

Also, could anyone explain to me exactly how "guest" syncing works?

My Zune's squircle pad has not been functioning correctly for the past few days. If I may suggest, AVOID 3rd party wall chargers. I bought one from eBay for like $3 shipped, fucks up the functionality of the pad every single time.

Anyways, my computer is fucked up right now and I'm sending it away to HP for repair, thus not allowing me to resync my Zune to get the pad working again. No matter what I press, the pad is limited to the "enter" function. It won't go up, down,left or right, it only selects. Because of that, I can't reset the damn thing holding the back button and up on the pad.

My idea was to guest sync it with my friend's PC and see if it that'll work, but I don't want to lose all my content. Suggestions?

Today on Amazon, U2 - No Line On The Horizon is on sale for $3.99.

I don't care for U2, but for $4, I really can't come out disappointed.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Zune is back up Panda.

I can't believe I dicked around yesterday and missed that Prodigy album for $1.99.[/quote]

Check amazon, last time I checked it was still on sale.

[quote name='Darkchaos91']Check amazon, last time I checked it was still on sale.[/quote]

I checked earlier this morning and the U2 album was the new deal.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Lame.

Anyone know when Zune will be back up from its maintenance?

My Zune's squircle pad has not been functioning correctly for the past few days. If I may suggest, AVOID 3rd party wall chargers. I bought one from eBay for like $3 shipped, fucks up the functionality of the pad every single time.

Anyways, my computer is fucked up right now and I'm sending it away to HP for repair, thus not allowing me to resync my Zune to get the pad working again. No matter what I press, the pad is limited to the "enter" function. It won't go up, down,left or right, it only selects. Because of that, I can't reset the damn thing holding the back button and up on the pad.

My idea was to guest sync it with my friend's PC and see if it that'll work, but I don't want to lose all my content. Suggestions?[/quote]

That sucks because I just bought one on ebay with a cheapo faux leather case... ohh well.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']

[/quote]

Exactly how it works, I'm not sure I can do. But I can tell you how it seems to be working for me.

My laptop is the PC my Zune is associated with. All of the info about my Zune is linked on there. My son and daughter's Zunes are linked to the "family" computer. I also have the Zune software on my work PC. When I plugged into those other PCs with my Zune, it asked if I wanted to link my Zune to that PC or be a guest. On the family PC and at work, I'm a guest. I can still download, upload and do everything I normally do, but I can't affect certain things under the "Settings/Device" as a guest that I can when I'm linked (like renaming the Zune). There may be restrictions with the Zune Pass as a guest, but I can't comment on that because I don't have the pass.

I know that content loaded from the computers that I'm a guest appears in the measure bar at the bottom of the screen as "content from other machines" and isn't broken down like the stuff I loaded from my link PC.

I don't know if that answers your question.

FRED

[quote name='fcw3']Exactly how it works, I'm not sure I can do. But I can tell you how it seems to be working for me.

My laptop is the PC my Zune is associated with. All of the info about my Zune is linked on there. My son and daughter's Zunes are linked to the "family" computer. I also have the Zune software on my work PC. When I plugged into those other PCs with my Zune, it asked if I wanted to link my Zune to that PC or be a guest. On the family PC and at work, I'm a guest. I can still download, upload and do everything I normally do, but I can't affect certain things under the "Settings/Device" as a guest that I can when I'm linked (like renaming the Zune). There may be restrictions with the Zune Pass as a guest, but I can't comment on that because I don't have the pass.

I know that content loaded from the computers that I'm a guest appears in the measure bar at the bottom of the screen as "content from other machines" and isn't broken down like the stuff I loaded from my link PC.

I don't know if that answers your question.

FRED[/QUOTE]

I fixed my Zune actually, I let the battery die and re-charged it, effectively forcing it to reset.

But for future reference, if I were to "guest" sync my Zune to a different computer other than my primary, I wouldn't lose the content on the Zune NOR would I be forced to have my Zune sync with the content on the secondary computer?

Need some advice on cases for a 30 gig zune. I got my zune from Microsoft's live search club. I think that I need a case, but I need help deciding between two cases. There is this aluminum one and this tough skin one. These ones on ebay are just about the only cases I've seen for the 30 gig zune.

I'm also wondering if you guys have any advice on dealing with the zune software. I've been fighting with the software since I got the zune. I really hate using it since it doesn't really work that well for my needs. It takes a lot of my albums and breaks them into albums of a single song. I've also noted that some albums just don't appear in my zune software and I don't know why. I like the hardware, but I don't like software that leaves me feeling out of control.

[quote name='erehwon']Need some advice on cases for a 30 gig zune. I got my zune from Microsoft's live search club. I think that I need a case, but I need help deciding between two cases. There is this aluminum one and this tough skin one. These ones on ebay are just about the only cases I've seen for the 30 gig zune.

I'm also wondering if you guys have any advice on dealing with the zune software. I've been fighting with the software since I got the zune. I really hate using it since it doesn't really work that well for my needs. It takes a lot of my albums and breaks them into albums of a single song. I've also noted that some albums just don't appear in my zune software and I don't know why. I like the hardware, but I don't like software that leaves me feeling out of control.[/QUOTE]

I've had the aluminum one from day one. It's awesome. The only bad thing is that it can be a little difficult pushing the outside buttons at times. But it's pretty much bulletproof.

As for the single-song albums, you need to manage your info on your songs. It's most likely seeing combo producers/artists (like instead of Paul Oakenfold's Greatest Hits album showing up as one album, it splits it up into about 10, with different artists or producers). Zune isn't the only software that does this, I have just as hard of a time with iTunes. Use software like MediaMonkey to edit your info easily, or do it manually in Windows Explorer.

I think I'm going to hold on to my Zune for just a bit longer, seeing as they blocked me from using internet radio on my iPhone. Almost bought a 160GB Classic on Monday, but I'm holding off for a bit.

So I've had my Zune for about a month and it has restarted by itslef for no appearent reason 3 different times. Should I be worried about this?

[quote name='SlaughterX']So I've had my Zune for about a month and it has restarted by itslef for no appearent reason 3 different times. Should I be worried about this?[/quote]

Is it a 30Gb? Mine does this at least once every day and I can't figure out what the problem is.

[quote name='SlaughterX']So I've had my Zune for about a month and it has restarted by itslef for no appearent reason 3 different times. Should I be worried about this?[/quote]
Could it have been static electricity? Happened to me in the car several times when I wore a fleece jacket.

[quote name='Maklershed']FYI - Beastie Boys License to Ill is $1.99 on Amazon right now.[/quote]

Thanks for that, that was the only album of theirs I'm missing from my collection. Also my favorite really because of Paul Revere.

[quote name='dealer']Is it a 30Gb? Mine does this at least once every day and I can't figure out what the problem is.[/quote]

No, I have a 120GB.

I may have just found a new use for my Zune.

It makes a great work media player, especially with the dock and remote. Picked up the Zune Pass again at least for a month.

Kinda late to the party, but I'm really thinking about getting a Zune 120. Sounds like between the Zune Marketplace, the line in jack in my car, and the numerous wireless access points around Austin, this would make a great replacement for satellite radio in my car.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Could it have been static electricity? Happened to me in the car several times when I wore a fleece jacket.[/quote]

I have 30 gig and when ever my headphone wire rubs against a zipper on my jacket it reboots. I have tried different jackets and headphones, never fails. It must be some sort of static electricity thing.

[quote name='ncibob']I have 30 gig and when ever my headphone wire rubs against a zipper on my jacket it reboots. I have tried different jackets and headphones, never fails. It must be some sort of static electricity thing.[/quote]

Mine reboots EVERY day at least once sitting on my desk at work, but the static electricity theory is a decent idea. I may have to investigate this some more.

So I'm thinking about selling my current 120 and ordering one of the customized ones from the Zune site. Is there any way I can disassociate the current Zune with my Zune/Xbox Live account but still keep all the music on it? Also any idea when they might be releasing the next generation Zunes (when did the 120GB models come out, in October)?

Quick update on this battery life issue I was talking about a few pages back.

I'm currently on my 14th use of the Zune (8GB) without a recharge. 30-45 minutes each time of use. The "down/back" trick to turn it off seems to have done the job.

Thanks all with that one.

[quote name='SlaughterX']So I'm thinking about selling my current 120 and ordering one of the customized ones from the Zune site. Is there any way I can disassociate the current Zune with my Zune/Xbox Live account but still keep all the music on it? Also any idea when they might be releasing the next generation Zunes (when did the 120GB models come out, in October)?[/quote]

Not sure how DRM music works but there's an option on the Zune to transfer all your music to your PC hard drive...you could do that, and when you get your new Zune, you should be able to just sync it up.

Anyone have any suggestions as far a good speaker dock or such. I know there are not alot of them out there for the Zune but I wanted to know if anyone had personally used any of them and had any feedback.

John Coltrane - Ultimate Blue Train is $1.99 today

Also, it appears all Kanye West albums are $5.99 today and Lady Gaga and Deathklok are part of the 5 for $5 Friday deal.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Anyone have any suggestions as far a good speaker dock or such. I know there are not alot of them out there for the Zune but I wanted to know if anyone had personally used any of them and had any feedback.[/quote]

Actually there aren't many made specifically for the ZUNE.
I'm hoping they finally make a speaker dock that also works as a syncing dock.

Ok did some searching and found that Amazon offers a few full albums for free ....

Free:
Various Artists - Alive Records 2009 Sampler
Various Artists - Amazon Jazz Sampler
Various Artists - Badman, Has it Really Ben 10 Year?
Various Artists - Best of Nuclear Blast: 20th Anniversary Compilation
Mieka Pauley - Elijah Drop Your Gun
Various Artists - Ioda SXSW Opening Day Bash Sampler 2009
Various Artists - Open Remix
Various Artists - R&S Re-Visited Sampler
House of Heroes - The End is Not the End
Various Artists - This is Daptone Records...
Various Artists - This is How I Roc: 2008 Yep Roc Sampler
Various Artists - Very Best of Naxos Early Music
Various Artists - Worn & Grazed: A Park the Van Sampler

And there are a few good selections from "Deep Night for Resting"

[quote name='Maklershed']Ok did some searching and found that Amazon offers a few full albums for free ....

Free:
Various Artists - Alive Records 2009 Sampler
Various Artists - Amazon Jazz Sampler
Various Artists - Badman, Has it Really Ben 10 Year?
Various Artists - Best of Nuclear Blast: 20th Anniversary Compilation
Mieka Pauley - Elijah Drop Your Gun
Various Artists - Ioda SXSW Opening Day Bash Sampler 2009
Various Artists - Open Remix
Various Artists - R&S Re-Visited Sampler
House of Heroes - The End is Not the End
Various Artists - This is Daptone Records...
Various Artists - This is How I Roc: 2008 Yep Roc Sampler
Various Artists - Very Best of Naxos Early Music
Various Artists - Worn & Grazed: A Park the Van Sampler

And there are a few good selections from "Deep Night for Resting"[/quote]

Downloaded House of Heroes last week. Believe its the best out of the bunch.

[quote name='bmachine']I have this Altec-Lansing speaker dock and I love it. Gets nice and loud without distortion.[/quote]

Not bad. The price is definitely good seeing as there are some sellers out there that have it for about $50'ish. Does anyone have the dock featured on the Zune Web site .. its the Altec Lansing iM414 Speaker Dock. Amazon has it about $25 cheaper than the Zune site, but some people say they have problems connecting with the HD based Zunes. Since I have the 120 it seems like it may be a problem.

[quote name='joe2187']I want that Coltrane album, but it still comes up 7.99 on the page.[/quote]

Yeah thats weird. Its still showing as $1.99 on the main page but its actually $7.99 when you click on it. :whistle2:k

I have the Mi414 and it isn't to bad. I watched ebay for a couple of weeks and grabbed a new one for $45 shipped minus a ebay coupon I had. It has a clock, a fm radio (no am?) and adapters to fit different sizes Zunes. The sound quality is good but not great. I like that it can run on batteries or AC power so you could take it on the road ie beach, park etc. Not a bad piece of equipment for sub $50 but I think I would have been disappointed had I paid full price. Also the remote functions are a little lacking and it is hard to move between songs.

bread's done
Back