ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

Ay ay ay, so radio is the big differentiator between Zune and iPod? Where have I been?? (owning a Zune for 2 years now, finally i know why :/)

Still, should be interesting...

[quote name='humidore']Ay ay ay, so radio is the big differentiator between Zune and iPod? Where have I been?? (owning a Zune for 2 years now, finally i know why :/)

Still, should be interesting...[/QUOTE]

Depends on which ipod you are talking about.

[quote name='Blackout']I wonder if it will have an App store. That would be pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

it probably will, because the OG zunes worked with MS's XNA, which is used to make community games... which were suppose to launch a while ago on zune.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it probably will, because the OG zunes worked with MS's XNA, which is used to make community games... which were suppose to launch a while ago on zune.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see more games. I've played the ones on my Zune and while they're cool and all, I need more.

platinum-zune-hd-rm-eng-gg.jpg

black-zune-hd-rm-eng.jpg

Looks pretty fucking slick...glad I held out on my 30GB brick. I'm still hoping they announce XBLA support at E3 :prays:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm still hoping they announce XBLA support at E3 :prays:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cleaner7']If they confirm XBLA support at E3 consider me sold.[/QUOTE]

It is a complete technical and practical impossibility for it to be automatically compatible with any of the XBLA library. So, don't hold your breath for that...

It's fucking gorgeous but I've got to concede that size matters to me: my 80GB is full, so the ZuneHD needs to have a 120GB+ hard drive or there's no point in me getting one. It's really slim, though...I'm not sure if high-capacity drives exist that would fit inside that skinny little unit.

[quote name='decrot']why don't they consider putting am radio on there.[/QUOTE]

AM radio is all I listen to. Because of that the radio function on my Zune30 goes unused.

[quote name='bmachine']It's fucking gorgeous but I've got to concede that size matters to me: my 80GB is full, so the ZuneHD needs to have a 120GB+ hard drive or there's no point in me getting one. It's really slim, though...I'm not sure if high-capacity drives exist that would fit inside that skinny little unit.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Plus I'm going to be buying shows and maybe even movies so I need a bigger space to put it all on.

[quote name='Filbert']AM radio is all I listen to. Because of that the radio function on my Zune30 goes unused.[/QUOTE]
I know right. Kinda pointless in having fm radio when I have my music collection in my pocket. Would love to listen to sports games on the go at times.

Zune HD, eh?
Hmm..

I had a first gen zune. I liked it. I current have an iPod touch. It's OK. I guess we'll see what the Zune HD has to offer..like..if games..apps..what else it can do with the 360...

My birthday is in September and this would be a lovely gift. \\:D/

Definitely buying one when it comes out. I was actually tempted to get an iPod Touch around the time of the Zune HD info being leaked, but I wanted to see what Microsoft had to offer, and I am certainly glad I waited. My Zune 30 has held up well, so can't fucking wait for this. I just hope that their "special dock" for outputting 720p applies to just connecting it to the 360, as that is what I sometimes do for my normal Zune.

I got mine for free from the Club Live site, so if they put the new HD unit I'll begin saving up all my tickets for that starting today. That thing looks sweet.

Does HD radio have a stronger signal than regular FM? Or is it this fancy marketing catchphrase they use to describe it?

I've got 2 Zune 30s.. one for me, one for my wife.

I really like the multi-touch and Web functionality of the iPod touch, so i was planning on picking one up this year... But the same functionality that made be get a Zune 30 over an iPod Video may make me get a Zune HD - the Radio tuner.

My wife has been pining for a HD radio, so the functionality being built into this is a huge plus for both of us. Depending on the amount of storage, I'm sold. My Zune 30 is nearly full.. so anything less than 20 GBs would be painful to go down to.

I'm looking forward to the release, and final tech reviews.

[quote name='Cleaner7']That is seriously sexy as hell. If they confirm XBLA support at E3 consider me sold.[/QUOTE]

I too would love to have some of these games portable...but I wonder how they will do it. I don't see 8 buttons on this thing (although granted that many games don't use all 8). But if I can only play games like Pac Man then it really isn't worth buying into.

I'm keeping my hopes up, but not too high.

I may sell my Ipod Touch when this comes out also....I guess it depends on the price point. Also, would kind of suck losing all my games on my Touch that I already paid for with Gift Cards I got...so the loss is not really that bad.

Well, maybe this would fall into the Windows Live category or whatever. In the article doesn't it mention that they'd like to be able to join all of these under one banner where you buy the game once and it's playable on Zune and 360 and presumably a Windows PC. Do that, and MS will offer something Apple could only dream about. Sales of hardware and software would go through the roof because of the flexibility. If they were smart they would do this.

As for the games, maybe everything beyond a certain point would have to be Zune HD compatible? That would open up some XBLA games to the Zune on day one and everything eventually.

[quote name='Major Nelson via Twitter']

Just booked a guy from the Zune team to come on this weeks show to chat about the Zune HD.

[/quote]

This should yield some new info, hopefully sizes will be mentioned .

[quote name='Richlough']This should yield some new info, hopefully sizes will be mentioned .[/QUOTE]

I don't listen to Nelson's podcast regularly...would you mind posting a recap afterward, please?

[quote name='dealer']My #1 requirement for purchasing this will be:

1) Doesn't shut off randomly during playback like my 30 Gb Zune.[/QUOTE]

i have owned every type, and the 30 is the only one that does that.

Mine does it randomly when I pause...never happened during playback...or sometimes if its plugged into my car charger, when I turn on the car, it will reboot :whistle2:(

I seriously doubt the launch Zune HD will come with a storage capacity that rivals the Zune 120. Touch screen and the other features are nice, but storage capacity (and the Play for Sure feature so we can play digital copies!!!) features are top priorities for me to buy the new zune.

[quote name='Maklershed']What's the "Play for Sure feature"?[/QUOTE]

It's the pain in the ass feature that is on digital copies on the second DVD/BR when you buy a movie (IF it comes with it). It mostly works with IPODS and PSP's...but we Zune owners are SoL because of this..

[quote name='Maklershed']Wait a tic .. you can play those digital copy movies on the psp? How do you transfer them?[/QUOTE]

i dunno...don't have a psp. :(

The new Zune reminds me a lot of the newer HTC phones. Which is... good, but mostly bad because of my experiences with them. Looks nice, but so did the others haha.

[quote name='orntar']i have owned every type, and the 30 is the only one that does that.[/QUOTE]

I figured its just a problem with shorting out on the early models. It only does it with my in-ear headphones, which are a necessity at work due to the morons that are near me. The first iPods did it too. Definitely excited about the ZUne HD though.

[quote name='dealer']I figured its just a problem with shorting out on the early models. It only does it with my in-ear headphones, which are a necessity at work due to the morons that are near me. The first iPods did it too. Definitely excited about the ZUne HD though.[/QUOTE]

I think it's an electrostatic shock thing. My Zune 30 will reboot when I touch or bump the headphone cord after shuffling my feet or something a bit too much. if I, and it, are stationary I've never had it reboot on me.

It's still better than what happened with my iPod gen 4... When I shocked that thing, the current would run through the headphones and it would zap my ears AND it would reboot.

AWESOME! Love my Zune mostly because of the Zune Pass ... I am a big audiophile and usually download 1-3 albums a day with it. I have "discovered" so many new artists this way.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So has anyone seen anything new regarding the Zune HD yet? Price/Size/Functionality...etc.?[/QUOTE]

Check the top of the page for a post to a link on Gametrailers of a quick demo ... otherwise, no.

[quote name='George McBain']Check the top of the page for a post to a link on Gametrailers of a quick demo ... otherwise, no.[/QUOTE]He posted the link.:lol:

I haven't watched the entire MS press conference, but I don't think they mentioned the Zune outside of the Video store thing. Guess we'll have to keep waiting.

So are they not announcing anything Zune or could it take place later in the week?

bread's done
Back