ZUNE and your X360 - ZUNE HD Now in 64GB - Latest Update Now Supports AVI/XviD

[quote name='fizzywix']House of Heroes new album is Amazon mp3 download deal of the day $1.99 and I highly recommend it (for whatever that's worth)![/QUOTE]

Dang I did a youtube search for them and came up with a song by a band named Battlelore, but didn't pay attention to it just being the name of the song. Was almost ready to buy them until I heard the real band.

OLED, Nvidia Vectra hardware, 720p video decoding, incredible battery life, xbox live integration, and a beautiful form factor is really making me consider getting a Zune HD over yet another iPod. This may be the first time I've ever considering switching sides.

[quote name='c335harp']OLED, Nvidia Vectra hardware, 720p video decoding, incredible battery life, xbox live integration, and a beautiful form factor is really making me consider getting a Zune HD over yet another iPod. This may be the first time I've ever considering switching sides.[/QUOTE]

There is probably going to be a notice on the box/manual saying the following

20 hours of audio playback
10 hours of video playback in Standard Definition Mode
3-5 hrs of video playback in High Definition Mode

We still don't know how big the storage will be for the HD models. MS Knows that HD takes a hell of a lot of space and they are just shooting themselves in the foot if they release a 16 gb model to start off with.

They were showing off the Nvidia Vectra netbooks running nearly 10 hours on a single charge while streaming 720p video wireless. I think there's a chance that battery life will be improved drastically with the Zune HD.

so i just bought a 120gb Zune a few weeks ago, and WTF, the battery life seems to be so horrendous, i dont get it. the bar on the bottom shows 80% full and dies completely within an hour or two of usage later. is this normal? i remember on my ipod classic i used to only charge it once a week, it lasted me a good while. what could be affecting my battery life so much?

fuck the zune, mine, my roommate's, and all my friend's zunes have decided over this year to refuse to sync with our computers. And of course, we've scoured every message board, spoke to every rep, and tried every method sans reformatting (the way my zune first finally wanted to play with my computer the first time it went on this ego trip)

Worst part - each zune decided to do this AFTER the 1 year warranty. It's like a car breaking down at the 36,001 mile.

Can't take this shit any more. Great concept/horrible service. And what makes it stings much more is the fact that it's made by 'soft, so these problems should be easy solutions!!!!

Yep....

[quote name='AshesofWake']so i just bought a 120gb Zune a few weeks ago, and WTF, the battery life seems to be so horrendous, i dont get it. the bar on the bottom shows 80% full and dies completely within an hour or two of usage later. is this normal? i remember on my ipod classic i used to only charge it once a week, it lasted me a good while. what could be affecting my battery life so much?[/QUOTE]

Have you tried turning off Wireless mode? That drains the battery big time.

[quote name='AshesofWake']so i just bought a 120gb Zune a few weeks ago, and WTF, the battery life seems to be so horrendous, i dont get it. the bar on the bottom shows 80% full and dies completely within an hour or two of usage later. is this normal? i remember on my ipod classic i used to only charge it once a week, it lasted me a good while. what could be affecting my battery life so much?[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound normal. My Zune 30 used to do that and I updated the firmware and it runs fine now. Sounds like you might need to reset the firmware or something somehow because it's draining the battery ...

My 80 gig went from the once a week thing to every 2 days and out (and this is even with fully powering it off using the back and down button method)

Best bet - return it or send it in for repair ASAP. Once the problem gets worse, it'll get harder to fix it.

I got my $10.00 Amazon gift card for doing the Zune survey a few weeks ago! Good times. This will come in handy to go towards a new game or a GPS or something.

Newegg's selling the 30gb (recertified) again but for $109

I plan on giving it to someone as a gift and it'll probably be used a lot. Is it still wise to get one?

[quote name='CBolts']Newegg's selling the 30gb (recertified) again but for $109

I plan on giving it to someone as a gift and it'll probably be used a lot. Is it still wise to get one?[/QUOTE]

My refurb 30gb (woot sale) is still going strong after 2 years.

[quote name='humidore']My refurb 30gb (woot sale) is still going strong after 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Cool, think I'll be getting it then.

How are you shutting off the zune when you get done with it?

I ask, because my 8GB zune was getting absolute SHIT battery life. Like 4 hours and it was dead. I thought something was wrong with it, but it had to do with how I was shutting it down.

If you hold down and back until the unit shuts off, it goes completely off, verses just hitting back until it shuts off (putting it in standby). Once I started doing the down/back method, my battery life went to about 35+ hours on a single charge, if not more. I was charging it every 2 days. Now I charge maybe once every 5 weeks, with 30 minutes of use per day on average.

If any of you are in the market for an 80GB Zune (or know someone who is):

Today's deal on www.woot.com is an 80GB unit with the home audio/video pack for $150 + $5.00 shipping.

Zune_80GB_Multimedia_Player___Home_Audio_Video_PackhlrStandard.jpg

In addition, http://sellout.woot.com has the Zune Car Pack v2 for $9.99 + $5.00 shipping.

Microsoft_Zune_Car_Pack_v26ugStandard.jpg

My 30GB is going great too, although because I have an iPhone it doesn't get used as much. I am actually very impressed with it. Zune just need to fix the software a little because its a pain sometimes trying to sync your music/content.

Has there been any word on whether the Zune HD would be offered in capacities larger than 60GB? I want one of these, but it would be pointless for me to make the investment if it doesn't hold more than my current MP3 player.

Besides, why the hell wouldn't they give us the biggest size possible when they wanna pimp a bunch of HD content in the store??

Going with the black one myself, and I agree it has to be on par with my current size limits or bigger. I have the 120GB Gears of War Zune.

Is the HD Zune going to support more games? I wish it had something going on like the Ipod has now with all the games.

I had a 30GB a while ago and I liked it (Minus the fact that it could be used as a weapon in a fight the thing was so big) I thought my Zune was a lot easier to manage than my Ipods were

I do not see any reason to expect that it has any more storage capacity than the touch. Don't get your hopes up.

Unless there has been some super advanced new tiny hard drive tech that MS has been sitting on that nobody knows of.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I do not see any reason to expect that it has any more storage capacity than the touch. Don't get your hopes up.

Unless there has been some super advanced new tiny hard drive tech that MS has been sitting on that nobody knows of.[/QUOTE]What's the largest capacity of a touch? I just hope they match the sizes that are already available on existing Zunes (they go up to 120 GB, right?).

I'll figure out a way when it comes to the size....but if it's over 325 dollars....I can't mess with it

300 dollars or less for me! I'd be damned if I pay 350-400 dollars for a 32gb or even a 64gb hd player.

....unless there's a way i can play xbox arcade games on it without additional purchases

[quote name='BustaUppa']What's the largest capacity of a touch? I just hope they match the sizes that are already available on existing Zunes (they go up to 120 GB, right?).[/QUOTE]

Touches go up to 32GB. I would not expect the Zune HD to be any higher (unless the rumored 64GB really does come out in the next few months).

The reason is the size/thin form factor forces it to use solid state memory, which allows it to be much smaller than a hard drive, and use less power.

The old Zunes use actual spinning hard drives, which is why they are so big (just like regular Ipod's).

Looking at the Zune HD pics, I can pretty much promise you that 32-64GB is what you should expect. There is no way they are fitting a 1.8" hard drive in that sucker, it's too thin.

While they could add a lot more solid state memory to these, it's far more expensive per gigabyte than a hard drive. If there is a Zune HD 64GB, don't expect it to be less than $400. If they made a 128GB version it would have to be closer to $600.

ah, thanks for the insight thrustbucket. I didn't even realize they had solid state memory commercially available in such capacities! So I assumed they were using normal hard drives, and thus should have no problem matching the capacity of the previous Zunes. Oh well... the more you know!

[quote name='dastly75']http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-12519_7-10303243-49.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=Crave

Similar impressions[/QUOTE]

No custom EQ blows...and I had no idea EQ's were gone? My 30gb one still has em..

I hope to god for: better on the fly playlist editing, "go to album" button would be nice, Asian/Japanese font support, able to rotate photos.

Also, is it still "fall release" with no real date? Well I guess it's better for now, i'm broke anyways.

got an email from zune. accecories are 50% off. the car pack for example is $35.
Has anyone used this? i was wondering if should get it. I have a 8g, but i dont think that matters.

I had a first gen brown 30 GB Zune and I wasn't impressed with the Zune Marketplace. It got a bit better when it integrated with XBL. Now my question is if the ZMP will be fully revamped and will works exceptionally well on all OSes including OSX. I have a MBP now so it would be convenient and necessary.

I just bought a 32 GB 3GS, but this Zune looks nothing like its predecessors. It actually stands a chance. If it gets full Mac capabilities, I will get it for sure.

My iPhone contract ends this December I think i'll definitely look into getting a Zune HD if I can and get a different phone. Although i'm with thrustbucket not sure about them having mac capabilities.

[quote name='saunderscowie']My iPhone contract ends this December I think i'll definitely look into getting a Zune HD if I can and get a different phone. Although i'm with thrustbucket not sure about them having mac capabilities.[/QUOTE]

Get a Pre!

bread's done
Back