ZZF via Ebay - Steam Games: TF2-HL2-Portal = $10.04 / Batman:AA = $12.73

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Heads up fellow Steam users.

Looks like ZipZoomFly is offering the following titles via their eBay store (note this deal lasts for 6 days)

Orange Box (Team Fortress 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, and Portal) - $10.04
http://cgi.ebay.com/Team-Fortress-2...fepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&PID=1225267

Batman: Arkham Asylum - #12.73
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...69999&PID=1225267&ViewItem=&item=350347017473

Unfortunately it seems there is no Bing Cashback being offered at the moment for eBay, but this is still a steal!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey nice, a steam activation code for batman.. tempting. I bought it via the games on demand live sale but that download and install service is so fail never got around to getting it up and running so I just have the live key lol

I kind of want to take up that Batman:AA offer. Steam is the only way I buy PC games now, it's kind of becoming an addiction/problem actually. My bank account weeps.

Is ZZF reliable? This sounds a little sketchy, like those other sites that sell foreign keys - since aside from those video card pack-in redemption codes, there aren't many legit sources of Steam keys floating around...

zip zoom fly I've heard of before and not as a cd key seller but they have a website that sold lots of different products. I'd say it's reliable. If you don't get what you paid for you can dispute it via paypal. I was able to do this on a cdkey transaction on ebay and got my money back.. and that was through some shady seller I bought from lol

If they're selling CD-Keys only, odds are they are region-locked (probably for Russia) and will be banned on your Steam account. It's a big ordeal, and Valve has a zero sympathy policy for these sorts of things.

I wouldn't jump on this one, guys. :(

[quote name='anticulture']If they're selling CD-Keys only, odds are they are region-locked (probably for Russia) and will be banned on your Steam account. It's a big ordeal, and Valve has a zero sympathy policy for these sorts of things.

I wouldn't jump on this one, guys. :([/QUOTE]

This is a known retailer with over 4500 positive feedbacks vs 59 negatives. I don't think everyone is going to get banned from this one.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Is ZZF reliable? This sounds a little sketchy, like those other sites that sell foreign keys - since aside from those video card pack-in redemption codes, there aren't many legit sources of Steam keys floating around...[/QUOTE]

They are as I've purchased from their store (both direct and ebay) many times, mostly computer hardware, and have yet to have a negative experience.

Here's their Resellerratings (6.86/10) - http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ZipZoomFly

Also, these may have been promotional keys given to them at one point in time (to bundle with other goods) as I know this is a tactic Valve sometimes employs.

[quote name='Dissolve']OP has an absolutely horrid sig.[/QUOTE]

I believe that is the point, actually. CAGs are generally not fond of the ECA.

But yeah, for a site that censors the word fuck it does seem inappropriate.

[quote name='SDC']I believe that is the point, actually. CAGs are generally not fond of the ECA.

But yeah, for a site that censors the word fuck it does seem inappropriate.[/QUOTE]

I agree ... completely inappropriate ... there are fuckING children that see these boards .. .. ;)

Bought a netbook and a 22" lcd from them and didn't have any issues. I think I've taken advantage of a few other hardware deals from them as well with no issues.

I think so as well. I bought it yesterday. Since it says shipping by UPS Ground and I had my home address and prefer UPS to ship to my office, I sent them a note for address change. This morning I got an email replay that seems to say they'll be sending a Steam activation code (I presume by email). No code arrived yet, but it's nice that someone answers inquiries on Friday night/ Saturday morning.

[quote name='Decker']Hmmmm..... I have Orange Box on the 360, but I bet TF 2 is a heck of a lot better on the PC. This is tempting.[/QUOTE]

TF2 is ABSOLUTELY better on the PC, no question. IMO TF2 on 360 is a bad game in itself. THe experience on PC is a complete 180 to my experience on 360. So much better, more enjoyable, and very much supported.

Is the Orange box deal just for EP2, TF2 and Portal? Or do I get HL2 and HL2: Ep1 as well?

I'd love to get the Orange Box in prep for Steam on Mac next month, plus the PS3 Orange Box sucks, but I want the whole HL2 collection.

from what I read in the auction it's just episode 2, TF2 and portal. I'm SURE you can find HL2 and ep1 on these boards as it's a giftable game and I've seen several members trying to get rid of it..

[quote name='Decker']Hmmmm..... I have Orange Box on the 360, but I bet TF 2 is a heck of a lot better on the PC. This is tempting.[/QUOTE]

It is...

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Is ZZF reliable? This sounds a little sketchy, like those other sites that sell foreign keys - since aside from those video card pack-in redemption codes, there aren't many legit sources of Steam keys floating around...[/QUOTE]

Zip Zoom Fly is a solid company, closest thing to competition to Newegg.com. ZZF used to be called GOOGLEGEAR back in the day...occasionally they still beat newegg on certain items, just very seldom..

Anyone know what would happen if you redeemed this code on an account that already has these games? More specifically, would I be able to gift portal and such to other people?

Nope. The only giftable duplicate games are HL2 and Ep1.
Now that I realize it, this might be leftover codes from the "Black Box", which was originally going to be offered alongside the Orange Box. Valve pulled the retail version, but it still appeared alongside some pack-ins
Not sure about Arkham Asylum, though

If you look at the other auctions they have up, there are more steam codes and an nzone code (nvidia's thing).

Here are a couple that might interest:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Napoleon-Total-...Games_Games&hash=item2c543e7def#ht_923wt_1165
Napoleon: Total War Steam code 19.99
I'm considering getting this, but by the time I probably got around to play it, Steam would have another sale on it probably this or lower price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dark-Void-Stree...ames_Games&hash=item27b0d653da#ht_1377wt_1165
Chose One, Nzone code, Dark Void, Street Fighter IV, or Resident Evil 5. $9.99
If I didn't already have the last two, I would definitely buy two of these for those prices.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Grid-DiRT-Opera...ames_Games&hash=item27b151dd28#ht_1358wt_1165
Grid, Dirt 1, and Operation Flashpoint: Rising Dragon Steam Codes, $14.99
This one is interesting but less attractive due to current steam sale I guess.

finally played portal last week for the first time-borrowed the orange box from a friend-always heard good things about that game-

its a great game-original as hell-fun- challenging n addicting-great game-couldn't put it down. passed it in 2 days but that's cuz i played the hell out of it.

definitely going to play it again in the near future give my mind some time to forget how i solved the puzzles.

[quote name='Dissolve']OP has an absolutely horrid sig.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it. what's wrong with Keyboard Cat, exactly?

[quote name='etcrane']I agree ... completely inappropriate ... there are fuckING children that see these boards .. .. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh no!

Well for all of your information, I have had numerous compliments, and I'm positive it's been seen from several moderators without an issue.

If you were burned by ECA, than you would understand.

Now discuss the deal...

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Oh no!

Well for all of your information, I have had numerous compliments, and I'm positive it's been seen from several moderators without an issue.

Now discuss the deal...[/QUOTE]

'Whoooooosh' ... that's odd, normally irony makes a squawking sound when it flies that low ...

So I have a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family graphic card.
I'm tempted to get TF2 since it was fun on 360, but I don't know if my computer can play it. Any help?

I went ahead grabbed it, since I sold off my 360 orange box and have on pc "Game of year edition" this will almost complete the pc set except for episode 1...LOL

[quote name='etcrane']'Whoooooosh' ... that's odd, normally irony makes a squawking sound when it flies that low ...[/QUOTE]

Well, I reported Zodiac's sig and I would encourage others to do so as well. It's possible to express disdain for the ECA without being gross.

With that said, this is a great deal on Batman Arkham Asylum!

[quote name='chickenbutt']So I have a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family graphic card.
I'm tempted to get TF2 since it was fun on 360, but I don't know if my computer can play it. Any help?[/QUOTE]

You might be able to on super low resolution and settings. is there a Half-Life 2 ep 2 demo on steam? If so download and try that since they'll play similarly - same engine etc. May not be exact but it's a good indicator.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Oh no!

Now discuss the deal...[/QUOTE]

Actually, as in my case, I rarely pay attention to sigs anymore. But given enough complaints, especially with the way it's presented, action will be taken. In this case, your sig pic has been removed.

Taken directly from the FAQ:

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

You managed to hit on three of them with that pic.

[quote name='plutoknight']Is the Orange box deal just for EP2, TF2 and Portal? Or do I get HL2 and HL2: Ep1 as well?

I'd love to get the Orange Box in prep for Steam on Mac next month, plus the PS3 Orange Box sucks, but I want the whole HL2 collection.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aznguyen316']from what I read in the auction it's just episode 2, TF2 and portal. I'm SURE you can find HL2 and ep1 on these boards as it's a giftable game and I've seen several members trying to get rid of it..[/QUOTE]

The auction is weird. It says Orange Box, but only lists Episode 2, TF2, and Portal. I guess we'll see when the codes come in?

[quote name='aznguyen316']You might be able to on super low resolution and settings. is there a Half-Life 2 ep 2 demo on steam? If so download and try that since they'll play similarly - same engine etc. May not be exact but it's a good indicator.[/QUOTE]

I've tried Deathmatch and Lost Coast. I have a little bit of lag in Deathmatch, I think or it's just the gun that makes it look like it's lagging. But, I have at least a tiny bit of lag on both. Not so much that I'm unable to play and kill anyone though.

Anyone remember what the sale price for Orange Box was during the holidays? Waited this long, I can wait a bit longer for a better price.

[quote name='anticulture']If they're selling CD-Keys only, odds are they are region-locked (probably for Russia) and will be banned on your Steam account. It's a big ordeal, and Valve has a zero sympathy policy for these sorts of things.

I wouldn't jump on this one, guys. :([/QUOTE]

I did a bit of researching on what the game codes they are offering and it turns out all of them games are/have been part of graphic cards purchases...

like COD4 for some XFX cards, batman for the MSI cards, RE4/SSIV for GTS250 cards....

it's safe to say ZZF is taking all there graphic card promo games and unbundling it from the graphics card and selling them on the side for another $10-20

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Anyone remember what the sale price for Orange Box was during the holidays? Waited this long, I can wait a bit longer for a better price.[/QUOTE]It went for $15 one of those holidays, and earlier in the year it actually went for $10. Either price for the package is pretty outstanding though, Portal or TF2 alone are worth it, let alone HL2. You might as well wait, Valve will put it up on sale again someday.

^ unless of course he misses that sale haha. I say just buy it and look for someone that has HL2 and ep 1 on sale or gift. I think there's even someone in the PC trading forum with it available. Bet you can pick it up for cheap.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']It went for $15 one of those holidays, and earlier in the year it actually went for $10. Either price for the package is pretty outstanding though, Portal or TF2 alone are worth it, let alone HL2. You might as well wait, Valve will put it up on sale again someday.[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to upgrade from Orange Box (360), though I pretty much just want Portal and TF2. Thinking I'll pass on this for now and wait for a Steam sale, thanks!

Valve seems to put their stuff up semi-regularly. Only sale I really kicked myself for missing was TF2 for $2.95.

Yeah, in that case, I definitely wouldn't worry about it. TF2 goes on sale multiple times a year whenever they do a big content update (and the Engineer update is still coming), and I'm sure Portal will get a steep discount when the sequel comes out in the fall.

If anyone picks up the orange box and doesn't need HL2: Episode 2 let me know. It's the only game I don't have from Orange Box so I'll buy.

I picked up B:AA...hopefully it comes today.

I bought hardware from ZipZoomFly a long time ago, but didn't have any issues with them.

[quote name='avenger386']I did a bit of researching on what the game codes they are offering and it turns out all of them games are/have been part of graphic cards purchases...

like COD4 for some XFX cards, batman for the MSI cards, RE4/SSIV for GTS250 cards....

it's safe to say ZZF is taking all there graphic card promo games and unbundling it from the graphics card and selling them on the side for another $10-20[/QUOTE]

Newegg does this too, and I've bought several of these promo games (disc in paper envelope, not cd code) from them. But they've only been $3 or less with free shipping. ;)

bread's done
Back