Welcome to Referral Central! 1 THREAD/MEMBER - 30 Day Waiting Period - 3 Bumps/Day

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
This forum is a place for you to post your free ____ solicitations.

Please create one thread per user and use the "edit post" function to keep your 1st post up to date.
Only users who have been registered for 30 days can create threads.
Only one conga per website, must be a referral-based website. Choose wisely, as it is also one conga per user.
Users who have abandoned previous congas being led by them will no longer be allowed to run congas.

This forum is a test/experiment and we may decide to remove it if it doesnt work out.

UPDATE (11/1/09) - Seeing as there has been rampant abuse of the lenient rules around here, effective immediately, a limit of three bumps per day are allowed.

Also, the one thread per user rule will be further enforced. Continuous violations will lead up to loss of posting privileges in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I guess I will be the one who tries this new sub-fourm out. Please tell me if I am doing this right CheapyD or mods.

Gaming Lagoon is pretty well known here on the CAG forums by now. You basically complete these little survey things and they give a set amount of points for it, wit these points you can purchase everything form WoW timecards, Wii Point Card, Xbox Live Time Cards, Micrsoft Points, controllers, etc.
I have earned Two 1600 MS Point cards without even using a credit card.

My referral link: http://www.gaminglagoon.com/?ref=7961

[quote name='CheapyD']This forum is a place for you to post your free ____ solicitations.

Please create one thread per user and use the "edit post" function to keep your 1st post up to date.

This forum is a test/experiment and we may decide to remove it if it doesnt work out.[/quote]

I posted a thread and I hope that it is the kind that you wanted! :D

Thanks CheapyD. I've got my thread posted! I've already traded referrals with Quintessence. So I'd say this forum will be quite nice!

[quote name='iowaholdem']Thanks CheapyD. I've got my thread posted! I've already traded referrals with Quintessence. So I'd say this forum will be quite nice![/quote]

Good times had by all!

This is a great idea. I was sick of the old thread with 12 post from the same guy on each page. I've been hoping for this for a while, let's hope it works out good and doesn't get abused by all the noobs here.

[quote name='splinky321']This is a great idea. I was sick of the old thread with 12 post from the same guy on each page. I've been hoping for this for a while, let's hope it works out good and doesn't get abused by all the noobs here.[/QUOTE]
I agree with that, that top thread was a bit of a spamfest .. lol
However, I'm not so sure about the one thread per user deal, I think it should be one thread per website, since most threads previously were goin conga-style, otherwise its going to end up with several new users just posting their junk here, and we're going to end up with several threads on just the same stuff .. Still, its better than before, so a step in the right direction.

I think it should be one thread per user, otherwise there'll be 20 threads from the same person all saying the same thing. Maybe you could have a thing to reset your thread, in case it gets too long and you want to start fresh, or maybe no more than one thread per user per week.

Also, maybe a sticky to list people to avoid, maybe a trade gone bad, someone refuses to pay, etc.

[quote name='splinky321']I think it should be one thread per user, otherwise there'll be 20 threads from the same person all saying the same thing.[/QUOTE]
That seems how it is currently, 20 threads from different people, all saying the same thing .. thats why I think it should be one thread per website, with no bumping unless it is informative or something. Bad website threads will die out, good ones will stick around (ie: the Gaming Lagoon thread)

[quote name='Foladar']That seems how it is currently, 20 threads from different people, all saying the same thing .. thats why I think it should be one thread per website, with no bumping unless it is informative or something. Bad website threads will die out, good ones will stick around (ie: the Gaming Lagoon thread)[/quote]

Exactly what I think as well. Make so that there is one central place that people can find out all the information they need to know about a particular site, and not have to look around all over for it.

I think we should bring back conga lines.
Have one referral page for each user, and have a conga line to get referrals.
Though, if 5 referrals are needed for a gift, I'm not exactly sure how the conga line would work...

There's always the idea of prohibiting any referrals anywhere except for your signature.

I'm certainly in favor of that idea.

I'm personally a fan of this one thread per user. It's working quite well for me and all the users I've traded referrals with. My main site I'm working on right now requires 15 referrals, so a conga line would render those types of sites completely worthless - thus truely making them huge pyramid schemes because no one would be able to acquire their proper referrals.

Conga line work well in topics like the Gaming Lagoon - if you're early. The first person to put in their link gets referrals from everyone underneath, no matter whether or not they sign up directly under that person. So again, in fairness, I think the one thread per person allows people to make offers on their opportunites and keeps it even for everyone.

[quote name='splinky321']Conga lines are worthless. They only help out the first two people in the line, then everyone else is screwed.[/QUOTE]
Tell that to the Gaming Lagoon thread .. it does go bad though when people start coming back for seconds, or saying they signed up previously but heres my link anyway.

There definitely needs to be some official CAG code of ethics regarding this kind of thing that people should adhere to. Of course it cannot be enforced all the time, but it will definitely help.

I made a poll...please vote.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's always the idea of prohibiting any referrals anywhere except for your signature.

I'm certainly in favor of that idea.[/quote] That is also an option. This is really just a test.

[quote name='splinky321']I think it should be one thread per user, otherwise there'll be 20 threads from the same person all saying the same thing. Maybe you could have a thing to reset your thread, in case it gets too long and you want to start fresh, or maybe no more than one thread per user per week.

Also, maybe a sticky to list people to avoid, maybe a trade gone bad, someone refuses to pay, etc.[/QUOTE]

I agree with one thread per week rule. It will not only keep things in control but it will also keep threads fresh - no need to clean up the old threads - let it die down.

Anyone agree? :applause:

I don't care how it goes, but it shouldn't be too strict, the more strict, the less possible it will be to get referrals, and if we can't get any referrals, what's the point?

Does it have to be forum/thread based? Maybe there could be an area where we can post our referral link, then if it's a referral for the same site, everybody has a fair chance of getting referrals, but this way, one person can get a whole bunch of referrals while another person dosen't even get one

I say we do this:

Users may promote referrals in signatures.
One board to have congas.

When a person comes to this board, they don't even want to refer under anyone or do a conga because its so discombobulated.

I think there should just be a wait period after joining forums to post here, like 30 days, to avoid people just jumping in .. otherwise its been running decently.

[quote name='Foladar']I think there should just be a wait period after joining forums to post here, like 30 days, to avoid people just jumping in .. otherwise its been running decently.[/quote]

If you guys think that is a good idea, I can make it happen.

Pleasseeeeee .. I know its hard for you guys to moderate this section, but basically living here (as a few others do) in the contests/ref section, this section has been getting out of control with new users just spamming their URL. Lots have came from GL just leaving a link and bailing, which hasn't done much except cause more threads since everyones signed up, but like a 30 day requirement should cause participation in the community, which IMO is why they should be here not because of the ref section.

[quote name='Foladar']Pleasseeeeee .. I know its hard for you guys to moderate this section, but basically living here (as a few others do) in the contests/ref section, this section has been getting out of control with new users just spamming their URL. Lots have came from GL just leaving a link and bailing, which hasn't done much except cause more threads since everyones signed up, but like a 30 day requirement should cause participation in the community, which IMO is why they should be here not because of the ref section.[/QUOTE]

::signs up as mod of referral central board:: bwhahahaha :)

[quote name='CheapyD']If you guys think that is a good idea, I can make it happen.[/quote]

I agree, sort of like the trader boards.

Guys come in here bragging about gaminglagoon and stuff, too much craziness!

[quote name='CheapyD']If you guys think that is a good idea, I can make it happen.[/QUOTE]
Please do! It is summer time and all the kiddies are out of school with nothing better to do then sign up for the best large gaming community on the net to do nothing more then to beg for referrals.

Also I am all for a mod just for the referral board. My vote goes for Foldar and I'm sure he would take it if given.

In my opinion you should first give to the community before asking from the community, the reason a 30 day wait should go into effect.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok...I made it so CAG Newbies (less than 30 days) can't create new threads.[/QUOTE]
You sir, rock.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ok...I made it so CAG Newbies (less than 30 days) can't create new threads.[/QUOTE]
Good stuff!

hey

do you know why all of my threads were locked, i thought u were just going to delete the new one i made, please help. Am i allowed to make a new thread or can u please open the old one..

I think that there should be only one thread for each website because i keep seeing these sites like gaming laggon and prizebel or something like that over and over again. If each website has one thread than people can look through different sites not just same things with different ref links. As far as conga goes, u should start a new board for conga or maybe create a poll to see how people think about congas here.

I like this idea (one forum/one thread per user). Less cluttered than the single referral thread (so I don't have to suffer through mkda's godawful clutter).

In addition, it stays out of the front page, and keeps everyone else happy as a result.

Thanks!

[quote name='mykevermin']I like this idea (one forum/one thread per user). Less cluttered than the single referral thread (so I don't have to suffer through mkda's godawful clutter).

In addition, it stays out of the front page, and keeps everyone else happy as a result.

Thanks![/QUOTE]
lol, look at some of the ppl's huge sig, they're much worse.

Anyways, it doesn't look this one thread per member is working out too well. I've seen many threads by the same members.

[quote name='mykevermin']Probably the result of this being a desolate territory for mods. That's my guess, at any rate.[/QUOTE]
Well, I guess it's only gonna get worse.

Although one thread for a site keeps things organized, it takes forever for some people to get on the list...and when they do, it ends up being dead/too late.

But another suggestion I have is that we sticky a thread that has 1 very informative and well organized/constructed thread containing all the info we would need on ANY of the offers for the sites. I see posts left and right claiming success or failure. Along with this thread we should have a poll where people can say wether they have gotten credit or not from sites, but allowing multiple votes so that 1 user can verify more then 1 site.

Just my 2 cents.

How does a thread get the CheapyD head next to it? Does it have to reach a certain number of posts/views or does Cheapy himself mark the thread as interesting? I have always been curious about this...

EDIT: Oh I see, it's a rating system on popularity by CAGs. That makes total sense.

IMO there should be a limit on how many times a day people can bump their threads. People are bumping 4 or more times a day, its kind of absurd. 1 bump a day by OP should be allowed.

Currently, I didn't see an issue with bumps because sometimes four bumps could be spread out over 24 hours and only be one bump per 6 hours which isn't that bad, however I did send a few PMs asking if certain users could slow down on the bumps when it was occuring anywhere under an hour .. however it was just a suggestion and nothing official, as there isn't currently anything limiting bumps to X times per hour, or day.

Should read this before I posted my Treasure Trooper post, I always thought "conga" just meant one referral per user, and the next guy gets the next one, etc... Ohh well... Now I know.

The 30 day waiting period is to make your first thread, but as it says .. one thread per member, you can edit the title via Edit -> Go Advanced

Visit the URL

http://www.points2shop.com/index.php?ref=kairav

and register for points2shop.com

After that, take 5 min surveys and get points without even exposing your credit card and other information. You will get points for every survey and you can exchange them for stuff on amazon.com..........pracitically any thing on amazon.com. A point is worth a cent on amazon, you will get free 250 points on signing up. Surveys are from 20 points to 5000 points. A PS3 game is worth 5999 points. The shipping is free............................

JOIN TODAY AND GET FREE STUFF...............NO MONEY REQUIRED...........100% FREE

I heard from someone else that you can have 2 threads here:

1 for personal freebie sites
1 to start congas

True?

EDIT: It is true!

bread's done
Back