112 replies to this topic

#1 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:19 AM

Posted Image

Features
Step into the shoes of eight modern-day gladiators thrown in an underground bloodsport controlled by a faceless, obscenely wealthy elite who place their bets on who will survive the bloodbath before them. Do you have what it takes to survive in The Club™?

• Rise through the ranks: Choose from eight different characters to rise through the ranks, uncovering each person's true motives and intentions. Blast your way through five single player game modes including Sprint, Time Attack, Survivor, Siege, and Run the Gauntlet.
  • Earn respect online: Shoot to the top of the Leaderboards in over eight cutthroat multiplayer modes. Face off against 7 other opponents online in real-time or battle offline with 4-player split-screen action.
  • Go global with The Club: Gamers battle in eight unique real-world locations from around the globe, including war-torn cities, abandoned factories, steel mills, and more.
  • Take part in extreme gun battles: A motion blur camera system intensifies the adrenaline rush in both open range and close-quarter firefights. Players can destroy and manipulate objects in the environment to their advantage.
  • Build up your score: A unique score-based accumulation system creates even more competition among players. Score more points by being faster, more efficient and accurate, then use those points to unlock weapons, characters and maps.
  • Pick your favorite weapon: Choose from 17 customizable high-powered assault weapons, including automatic weapons, sniper rifles, high-caliber pistols, submachine guns, mounted weapons, and many more.

Posted Image

http://www.destructo...lub-30323.phtml

Personally I like the aspect of just focusing on a short shootout. It brings in an arcade feel while the style element will probably add the level of depth.

I didn't give a crap when I heard it announced and thought it as a crappy "thug" cash in, but sounds nice now.

#2 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:56 PM

New images:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Full res images: http://media.xbox360...741/imgs_1.html

The Club looks to grab gamers with a fast-paced arcade approach to shooters. Designed from a third-person perspective and using quick mechanics and fluid gameplay design, Bizarre hopes to reel gamers in with the Club's broad appeal and then keep them coming back with its addictive pace, progression scheme and perhaps a few beers after a night at the pub. The Club debuted at E3 2006 behind closed doors at a very early stage. This interview was actually push back a few weeks because Bizarre wanted to show off the latest look at the game with fresh screenshots.

Q&A with devolopers here: http://xbox360.ign.c...0/780007p1.html

#3 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:20 PM

Wow. It got quie a visual makeover.

I don't expect much, but I'm looking forward to it releasing.

#4 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:37 PM

is this a XBLA title?

EDIT: Never mind

#5 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:48 PM

Soooo Gears of War meets Black meets the thug lifestyle?

#6 Surferflames

Surferflames

Rebel, Sweetheart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

While part of me is interested, I dislike that there are only 8 character choices so you can't "un-thug" your character if you want to. They better release a demo and it better be good, otherwise this looks like another 25 to Life.
"We infidels do not need any machinery of reinforcement." - Christopher Hitchens

#7 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:15 AM

I just am happy that it's fast pace shooting that takes the exploratory aspect out of the fight. Just drop in and get going.

#8 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

The "team" that brought us Geometry Wars? GW was written by 1 guy. Perhaps attributing PGR to them would be more accurate.

#9 derder

derder

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

When does it come out? It says may.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

Looks better than I thought it would. Hopefully they throw a demo on the MP.
Posted Image

#11 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

If we're lucky we might be able to try out the demo for this tomorrow:

This weekend we mentioned that The Club demo was headed to the Xbox Live Marketplace "soonish" and that it would have a staggered region release. Well, we didn't have to wait long for SEGA to confirm news that tomorrow morning, January 8th, The Club demo will release to the XBLM for our friends in the UK and Australia. You read correctly. The US, Canada, Mexico and every other Live region is being left out of demo goodness for the time being, so be proud fellow UK and Aussie Live subscribers. You're getting content first for a change. W00t for you.

http://www.xbox360fa...-xblm-tomorrow/

#12 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:34 PM

I'm interested to hear what people think about the demo. Heard next to nothing about this game thus far.

#13 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:01 PM

Hmm, I'll need to check out this demo. I don't expect much at all from it, though.

#14 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:03 PM

I tried to download it last night, but no go. Currently only available to Gold members. Not sure if this one is region locked, Operation Darkness had the same message for a few days, once it was available it came up with "not available at your location" message.

#15 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

Eh to much GUNIT for me.

#16 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

Tag. I saw some videos, and it is Gears-esque. I hope the execution is done well!

#17 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

I'm interested to hear what people think about the demo. Heard next to nothing about this game thus far.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=165823

Tag. I saw some videos, and it is Gears-esque. I hope the execution is done well!

Not really, there's no cover system, it's all about sprinting around levels, and it has plenty of influence from PGR.

#18 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

Not really, there's no cover system, it's all about sprinting around levels, and it has plenty of influence from PGR.

Never really played PGR. Thats that racing game, right? Could you explain how that translate into this?

No cover system sucks. Maybe it could be the 360's SOCOM.

EDIT: Just read the OP of the topic Frisky linked to. This game sounds like complete shit. Nevermind!

#19 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

Thanks!

#20 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:31 AM

Never really played PGR. Thats that racing game, right? Could you explain how that translate into this?

No cover system sucks. Maybe it could be the 360's SOCOM.

EDIT: Just read the OP of the topic Frisky linked to. This game sounds like complete shit. Nevermind!

The two events in the demo are essentially lap (run around this level three times) and point-to-point racing, but you get to shoot people along the way. The other three event types are more like you'd expect in a standard shooter. The limited multiplayer in the demo felt a bit tacked on, so you may not want to bank on this being a great multiplayer game.

I wouldn't say it's crap, but it's not going to be something everybody gets and enjoys. Definitely play the demo whenever you get it and try it out. It'll probably be more appealing when it's down to $30-$40.

#21 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:31 AM

I been so lazy to download a demo anybody got any comments on this yet?

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#22 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

FYI: Demo is now available to silver members...I downloaded last night I'll be trying it out later today hopefully,

#23 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

Demo now availble in the US...its pretty good definately recommend you download it and give it a shot.

#24 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:03 PM

Demo now availble in the US...its pretty good definately recommend you download it and give it a shot.

really? i thought it was exceptionally shitty..the best part was the intro movie
Posted Image

#25 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:45 PM

Thanks. I'll give this a go tonight.

#26 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:17 AM

From what I've played it seems OK. I'll have to spend some more time with this to see if it's worth a purchase!
Posted Image

#27 mr ryles

mr ryles

Plays bowling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:20 AM

I really enjoy it, but I am worried about only 8 levels being available.

Guess it leaves something open for DLC.

I wanna thank all the televisions out there that raised me.

#28 almasy82

almasy82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:25 AM

This will be a pass for me...very lackluster... reminds me of outrigger for the dreamcast...

#29 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

It was ok. Nothing spectacular, nor was it overly shitty. Not something I'd want to spend more than $25 on really.

#30 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:04 AM

wasn't technically bad, but gave off a corny, teenage "guns are cool and so is killing shit" vibe. reminded me a bit of a 90's action movie. definitely doesn't seem like a $60 game.