CAGCast losing 10 diggs every 3-4 days

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I've noticed that the CAGCast has lost quite a few Diggs since the most recent show. In fact, the show had 610 Diggs just prior to #66 going live. Make sure you guys keep your diggs alive. Make your vote count! If you stop using the Digg service then your vote drops and means nothing...

This message is not sponsored or endorsed by CheapyD, Wombat, or CAG Productions (but I am sure it is appreciated :D).

If you need something else to digg to keep your account alive... nah, nevermind. ;)

Digg the CAGcast every week though, suckas.

Digg sucks. It's like Gamefaqs except instead of saying "look what some moron posted on Gamefaqs" someone says "look at this cool X I found on digg!"

Its the exact same content/idiots/comments, just in a contemporary and techno-hip wrapper.

In summation, digg can bit my ass. They can bite it hard.

[quote name='Kayden']Digg sucks. It's like Gamefaqs except instead of saying "look what some moron posted on Gamefaqs" someone says "look at this cool X I found on digg!"

Its the exact same content/idiots/comments, just in a contemporary and techno-hip wrapper.

In summation, digg can bit my ass. They can bite it hard.[/quote]
I think you mean Kotaku, not digg.

[quote name='yukine']I think you mean Kotaku, not digg.[/quote]

Hell, add joystiq and you have a trifecta of trash.

[quote name='evanft']Yeah, digg sucks and slows down the site. fuck em.[/quote] Digging the CAGcast doesn't effect our site performance in the slightest. In fact, the CAGcasts aren't even hosted on this server.

Meanwhile, we are 1 digg behind the #5 gaming podcast (some WOW show).

[quote name='Kayden']Hell, add joystiq and you have a trifecta of trash.[/QUOTE]

Let's go for the quadrizzle.

I raise you one 1up.com.

[quote name='CheapyD']Digging the CAGcast doesn't effect our site performance in the slightest. In fact, the CAGcasts aren't even hosted on this server.

Meanwhile, we are 1 digg behind the #5 gaming podcast (some WOW show).[/QUOTE]

Not the cagcasts, no, but it seems whenever a deal or thread is dugg, it slows it down.

Seriously though, fuck digg. Their podcast can be very entertaining, but their users are fucking morons.

[quote name='Strell']Let's go for the quadrizzle.

I raise you one 1up.com.[/QUOTE]

Fiver: Destructoid.

I download and listen to the cagcast every week. Whats the point of digging it or anything for that matter? Is it just another way of stat tracking? They may be silly questions but I never cared enough to look in to what digg is.

[quote name='Pratt75']I download and listen to the cagcast every week. Whats the point of digging it or anything for that matter? Is it just another way of stat tracking? They may be silly questions but I never cared enough to look in to what digg is.[/quote]

It's free advertising for the show and site.

I just wish we didn't have that huge fucking banner at the top of the page for the CAGcast, as much as I love it.

[quote name='magiic']I dugg it[/quote]

Congratulations, you just helped kill this site one vote at a time!

[quote name='crazytalkx']I just wish we didn't have that huge fucking banner at the top of the page for the CAGcast, as much as I love it.[/quote]

Adblock is your friend.

I just wanted to bump this topic to remind people to DIGG the CAGcast. Its lost 17 diggs in 2 days!!!!!

[quote name='mik']If you need something else to digg to keep your account alive... nah, nevermind. ;)

Digg the CAGcast every week though, suckas.[/quote]

Also digg the fanboys! ;)

I didn't realize "digg" was some sort of contest.

There is already a huge banner at the top of this site with a link to easily digg whatever the fuck it is you people are having a boner for. It doesn't get much easier than that. Why are you begging for more zombies to click on it?

How does it lose diggs? Do users have to renew their diggs, or can people give it negative diggs, or what? I don't get it.

[quote name='Brak']How does it lose diggs? Do users have to renew their diggs, or can people give it negative diggs, or what? I don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Digg users have to "digg" something at least once a week , or their digg goes away .

[quote name='Kayden']Digg is poison.[/quote]
Digg is the poison fertilizer that grows the cagcast audience garden.

[quote name='yukine']Is it fine to just keep digging CAGcast every week, or do we have to digg an article at least once in a week as well?[/quote]

[quote name='Digg']If you Digg a podcast once but don't Digg again within two weeks, your Digg gets subtracted from the count. (It does not get removed from your profile.) However, as soon as you participate anywhere on the site, your initial Digg is returned to the count.[/QUOTE]

Unless, I'm reading this wrong, we've lost almost 500 diggs!

[quote name='Richlough']Digg users have to "digg" something at least once a week , or their digg goes away .[/quote]

That's bullshit. I use digg, but not that often as I prefer reddit even though some of their userbase has been poinsened by digg rejects or digg exiles. I'm not super active, but just because I don't digg every single day/week doesn't mean I'm not active.

Eh, screw digg.

[quote name='CheapyD']Unless, I'm reading this wrong, we've lost almost 500 diggs![/quote]
Understood.

That really sucks... the CAGcast would be kicking Major Nelson's ass (a huge plus) by quite a margin if people just dugg the CAGcast every week.

I can't believe how close the CAGcast is to the Major Nelson Podcast. When the CAGcast only had around 400 diggs, I remember you guys jokingly talking about overtaking him in Digg. I thought the show is good and all but I doubted it. Now, it is attainable.

I would digg but that would mean I would have to sign up for another site and I'm too lazy for that. Just seems like one big pissing contest to me.

It's a pissing contest that helps to keep the CAGcast on the air. 2 minutes worth of your time seems like a fair trade to me.

Rather than a pissing contest, I prefer to think of it as an e-penis contest.
EDIT: 30 more didgs until we have a bigger e-dick.

bread's done
Back