* * * * * 3 votes

Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

• Please log in to reply
11951 replies to this topic

#8791 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:49 PM

http://indianapolis....2966427453.html

Xbox lot of 42 games!!! Rare! - $600 (Noblesville )
Date: 2012-04-29, 11:01PM EDT
Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

Great titles!!!!

(End of Ad.)

So I'm tempted to f*** with this guy, maybe send him an email and say somethin like "wow what a great valuable collection u have there, is it still available?" of course he will say yes, considering no one in their right mind would pay near $600 for it. I will then proceed to make him an offer of $20, and post his reaction here for you all to enjoy. sound like fun?

How am I a dick? This guy just flat out lies in his response to me. He's an obvious scammer, he replied to the xbox collection ad with "I'll throw in UFC undisuputed 2009 for ps3 for free. It's $30 at gamestop used, so this is a great deal." this guy isnt an innocent misinformed guy, it's a scammer and a liar. And people get what they deserve for being lazy and not researching their shit regardless. So i have no sympathy for stupidity

So i sent him a response asking if he would like $21 for his collection, $0.50 a game, and $23 if he throws in UFC. Then sent him links to gamestop's website for the "$30 game at gamestop" (it's $2.99 at gamestop)

EDIT: after sending him that email, he changed his price to $350 instead of $600

So you bullied a seller into lowering their price?:applause: You must be proud of yourself. I only wonder what kind of offer you would've thrown my way when I sold my PS2/Xbox collection of 100 or so games on here for $550 or so to a fellow CAG four years ago.

There were only a handful of 'rare' titles and most of it was duplicates across both platforms. I had to field a ton of ignorant/cherry picking responses till I finally got one person who bought everything in one shot.

But the point is that someone <gasp> did buy my mega game lot for almost $600 shipped.

Yeah, seems like you're just trying to be a dick now.

That's why I normally don't read this thread, since people on here seem to be of the typical CL buyer mentality. They view CL as a flea market where people should price their stuff at bottom dollar prices, while I view it as a place to sell my stuff w/o being nailed by Amazon/eBay fees out the wazoo and I expect to get market value or just under for the items.

Of course most of the stuff I put up for sale on there(and here) is stuff that I just won't sell unless I get what I'm willing to let it go for anyway.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#8792 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

http://denver.craigs...2998765842.html

A little on the high side (I believe the honest price for a CIB of FF2 is more in the 50-60 range but I love how people just cherry pick the hell on ebay. I clicked the link and of course it wasn't even a completed listing. Average price? I don't think people know the meaning of average.

I'm familiar with the seller, he bought a cib copy of Super Mario RPG off me (I wanted a copy in better condition) and then puts it back up on sale the next day for more than double what I sold it to him for. I couldn't do that personally, that's too bold for me lol. If I bought something with the intent to flip, I'll just put it up somewhere else.

Someone was also selling a CIB copy of Mario Paint for 40...I'm interested but how do I talk him down from that price? It's only sells for like 15-20.

I dunno, I sold a Mario Paint cart with just Mouse and Pad for $21 shipped on Amazonia. If it were me I wouldn't take less than $20 on a face-to-face if the box was nice.

That guy is nuts on the FF2 though; not long ago I paid around $32 for cart and all paper but the box. Also there was a ebayer selling FF2 & 3 boxes for around $8 each.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#8793 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

You can find a few recent sold listings on ebay and Buy It Nows around the price you want and send them his way but he'll probably just ignore you and hope someone else who isn't smart wants to buy it for his asking price.

I'd just say "I want to buy this game in that condition. Either ebay gets my money, or you do. Your choice."

Yea he wanted to make a profit even though I told and was willing to show him that it sells for only 15-20. Oh well no biggie.

#8794 frostybroc

frostybroc

ROFLTrooper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

Takes the cake

http://tampa.craigsl...2987828312.html

fs_overall.png

#8795 Booj

Booj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:32 PM

Personally I feel that Craigslist is a used game seller and the prices should be reflected accordingly. If I can get a 7 day return policy from gamestop, you shouldn't try matching them.

#8796 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

Personally I feel that Craigslist is a used game seller and the prices should be reflected accordingly. If I can get a 7 day return policy from gamestop, you shouldn't try matching them.

While I agree, I think peoples' mentality is that it's CL and everybody should just be giving it away for free. If I can sell something on CL or eBay, and get the same price, I'll choose CL. It's ca$h and I don't have to worry about somebody filing a INAD, chargeback, or all the pesky fees.

Takes the cake

http://tampa.craigsl...2987828312.html

Go to eBay and do a search for "NES FINAL FANTASY SEALED", and you'll find the same pic as listed in the CL ad. Coincidence?

#8797 tiggerkiddo

tiggerkiddo

wants your blood...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:28 AM

I don't know about everyone else but when I make an offer for something on craigslist, I'm offering just a little below what ebay average is for the item sold. Unless they're selling it dirt cheap, than I just buy it without haggling at all.

#8798 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

OK then. Thanks for opening my eyes to this. From now on if people offer me a lowball price, they get the true Gamestop experience with my used games/items. Scratches galore and disc only games for all. ;) If they want good condition stuff, then they pay a premium or they can get fucked. Then again, that's my MO now anyway.:razz::booty:

I don't know about everyone else but when I make an offer for something on craigslist, I'm offering just a little below what ebay average is for the item sold. Unless they're selling it dirt cheap, than I just buy it without haggling at all.

Well then you're alone in doing so. All I ever get are the toolbags who want shit for nearly free. If sodomy by force wasn't illegal I'd have probably met a few of them just to shove the item so far up their ass they could puke it back out.

Posted Image

#8799 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

Damn, Cheapest I feel sorry for you. I only buy off CL and I rarely haggle. The only time i can think of ever doing it was with my PC I bought. Brought him down from $125 to $100, otherwise I buy at what they offer. Hope you get better offers!
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#8800 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:23 AM

I guess maybe it's just the people around here are too broke/cheap and/or they have that 'CL is a flea market' mentality ingrained in their mind. If I list something for $70, they offer me $30, even if I say 'price is firm'.

I mean, ffs, I was trying to offer up a sealed PSPGo for $100 on there. Now most normal folks would've said 'gee that's half off MSRP, that's a good deal'. Not the cheap fuckers around here on CL. I think I got a single offer for $45 and only if they could 'open it and try it'.:roll: Yeah. I'm gonna let you open a SEALED game system so you can try it before you buy it. Riiiiight.

Posted Image

#8801 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:27 AM

100 is a lot for something where you have no guarantee it works. Just saying.
www.vg-force.com

#8802 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

100 is a lot for something where you have no guarantee it works. Just saying.

It was/is SEALED. I still have the receipt from the store(Sears) I bought it from to show where I got it. Of course, I'm not gonna show the people from CL the damn receipt cuz it'd show I paid HALF of what I was trying to sell it for on there.

To me CL is an as-is community to sell stuff on. I have never and will never allow anyone into my home to test stuff, as I don't trust my buyers from there as far as I can spit(which ain't very far). Then again, I don't usually post items on there as 'as-is'. I usually only sell stuff on there that's mint/complete or new consoles/electronics that I buy using gift cards from places like BB/GS/FYE that I just wanna sell at as close to MSRP as I can to 'cash out' of those gc's.

Posted Image

#8803 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:46 AM

Which is fine if you're getting something cheap. You take that risk. And yes sealed helps. But some electronics are dead on arrival. It happens. It is an as is community. Which means an as is price in most cases.

100 is not pocket change for most people. Say what you will about Gamestop but they have a great return process. They do have some games in good condition and if theres an issue returning the item is easy. So why would anyone pay as much on Craigslist with no guarantee as they would with a great one at Gamestop.
www.vg-force.com

#8804 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

True. I can see your point. That's why after that PSPGo(and a 60gb PS3) I stopped trying to sell electronic items on there and I haven't listed anything recently.

As it stands I put up the 60gb for $80-100 as-is console only. No serious bites as expected.

Posted Image

#8805 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

Frankly when I sell on Craigslist I build wiggle room into my asking price as people want to feel they 'won'. If I want 50 I list for 75 and if I get an offer for 45 I take it. Posting firm just makes them feel like they lost.

I put my old phone up at 200 a few months ago. Knew I wanted at least 125. Got 140. Everyone comes away happy.
www.vg-force.com

#8806 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:26 AM

That's the thing though. I put in a price of $75 when I want $50 and the first offer I get is $25. It must just be my area or the people I'm having respond to my ads or something then. It just seems like I always get the absolutely most ridiculous lowball offers as a first offer.

And believe me, I'd be more than happy to negotiate with them, but some of the responses are just.....:roll:.

The one response for the 60gb PS3 was 'since it has scratches and has been opened(was completely bluntly honest about condition) I'll give you $50 and not a dollar more'.

Posted Image

#8807 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:54 AM

We all get those. I posted the phone 3 times. But you can find someone if you keep at it.
www.vg-force.com

#8808 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:59 AM

Oh believe me. I've had lots of bites. But they ALL want to come over and test it out. I've offered to meet them at a local independent game shop to let them check it out, but that's not agreeable to them. Like I said, I'd rather not let people into my house to test stuff.

Posted Image

#8809 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:11 AM

For me CL is used/pre-owned and prices should reflect that, even if an item is sealed there is no way I'm paying close to retail since im paying cash and there are no returns or exchanges. Same thing goes when I sell I always go check on GameStop and amazon/eBay and price it under those prices.

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#8810 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:43 AM

WHITE WII SYSTEM - $250 (POMONA)

Date: 2012-05-06, 4:07PM PDT
Reply to:
HAVE A WII SYSTEM FOR SALE BRAND NEW USED IT NO MORE THAN 5 TIMES.
BEEN SITTING IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX. WORKS PERFECT.
I ALSO HAVE 2 GAMES I AM SELLING THE GAME IS FOR 15 DOLLARS EACH OR 2 FOR 25
SO ALL OF IT TOGETHER WOULD BE LIKE 265.
SELLING IT BECAUSE I HAVE NO USE FOR IT ANYMORE.
PLEASE CALL OR TEXT

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

#8811 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Truth be told, i look at craigslist as a place most people want to use to sell something quick, if they want top dollar, go to ebay, CL is for a quick sale. I bargain accordingly. Plus, most people selling stuff on CL are generally desperate for some cash, and of course, that makes haggling easier.

#8812 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

lol The Wii is brand new used!

I've let people into my house, but I have like a front room with a TV and stuff, so they never get past there. I wouldn't bring them anywhere near my living room, and I like to show my Pitbull to the new company, just so they know.

(She's a sweetheart though, won't even eat a mouse!)

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#8813 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

I never meet at home. The only exception is if I'm about to move, I don't want people knowing where I live.

Edited by Bing147, 07 May 2012 - 02:01 PM.

www.vg-force.com

#8814 Booj

Booj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:26 PM

I guess maybe it's just the people around here are too broke/cheap and/or they have that 'CL is a flea market' mentality ingrained in their mind. If I list something for $70, they offer me $30, even if I say 'price is firm'.

I mean, ffs, I was trying to offer up a sealed PSPGo for $100 on there. Now most normal folks would've said 'gee that's half off MSRP, that's a good deal'. Not the cheap fuckers around here on CL. I think I got a single offer for $45 and only if they could 'open it and try it'.:roll: Yeah. I'm gonna let you open a SEALED game system so you can try it before you buy it. Riiiiight.

I'm sorry but $100 PSP go is about what its worth right now. I wish people would quit thinking about MSRP when it comes to electronics. It rarely comes into play more than 6 months after the release. I could find a $100 PSPgo pretty much anywhere these days, some times even cheaper.

Anyways, CL is a flea market. I'm sorry. You want to play with the big margins you go to Ebay.

#8815 Zazoo

Zazoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:45 PM

http://denver.craigs...2998765842.html

A little on the high side (I believe the honest price for a CIB of FF2 is more in the 50-60 range but I love how people just cherry pick the hell on ebay. I clicked the link and of course it wasn't even a completed listing. Average price? I don't think people know the meaning of average.

I know! I love how it isn't even one that it sold. Makes me want to link the seller this sold auction

http://www.ebay.com/...94#ht_500wt_948

#8816 jakedub317

jakedub317

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:01 PM

So you bullied a seller into lowering their price?:applause: You must be proud of yourself. I only wonder what kind of offer you would've thrown my way when I sold my PS2/Xbox collection of 100 or so games on here for $550 or so to a fellow CAG four years ago.

No, actually.. I was pointing out that his little gaming lot is STILL overpriced like hell. And 4 years ago is different than now.. plus you say PS2 not just xbox. And you said 100 or so, so I don't get your point. Depending on the games of course, i'd say my offer would be roughly $300. But more power to you if someone wanted it for $550. i wasn't pointing out his price change to "be proud of myself" or anything like that. Stop assuming shit.

#8817 jakedub317

jakedub317

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

But the point is that someone <gasp> did buy my mega game lot for almost $600 shipped.

That's why I normally don't read this thread, since people on here seem to be of the typical CL buyer mentality. They view CL as a flea market where people should price their stuff at bottom dollar prices, while I view it as a place to sell my stuff w/o being nailed by Amazon/eBay fees out the wazoo and I expect to get market value or just under for the items.

So someone bought your big pile of mostly trash games for $600. You must be so proud of yourself. :applause:
And if you are referring to me about "CL buyer mentality".. i've never bought anything from CL, I've only done trades for games.
Thats why you don't read this thread? ok.. clearly you ARE in fact reading it. You must have that "CL buyer mentality".

#8818 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Truth be told, i look at craigslist as a place most people want to use to sell something quick, if they want top dollar, go to ebay, CL is for a quick sale. I bargain accordingly. Plus, most people selling stuff on CL are generally desperate for some cash, and of course, that makes haggling easier.

I'm sorry but $100 PSP go is about what its worth right now. I wish people would quit thinking about MSRP when it comes to electronics. It rarely comes into play more than 6 months after the release. I could find a $100 PSPgo pretty much anywhere these days, some times even cheaper.

Anyways, CL is a flea market. I'm sorry. You want to play with the big margins you go to Ebay.

That's the thing though. I put stuff up on CL that I don't really care one way or another if I sell it or not. I'm into the 60gb PS3 for $40 and it was bought with just the console and wires and no controller. So I figured if I threw it up on CL for $100-150 and someone bought it because they always wanted one(like I always did), then more money for me even though I was throwing in one of my own pre-owned controllers and a $1 HDMI cable I got from eBay.

I was hoping that just on the HDMI cable alone most normal people on CL would go 'holy shit HDMI cables are $40+ just by themselves from being taught that they're 'expensive' from places like Best Buy selling $100 ones.

But that didn't happen and so it still sits here. I will probably just give it to my one friend and her family sooner than later to play around with with one of the copies of Bejeweled 3 I bought from GS for $10 last week or so.

No big loss for me that it didn't sell.;)

So someone bought your big pile of mostly trash games for $600. You must be so proud of yourself. :applause:
And if you are referring to me about "CL buyer mentality".. i've never bought anything from CL, I've only done trades for games.
Thats why you don't read this thread? ok.. clearly you ARE in fact reading it. You must have that "CL buyer mentality".

I was actually referring to everybody I've dealt with just about from CL, who all seemed to want something for next to nothing.

As far as them being 'trash games', they were all in mint condition and complete as far as I remember. Try grabbing 100 games from GS all complete and mint in one lot without really having to put in a lot of effort to nitpick on condition.;)

Posted Image

#8819 eataburger

eataburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

Old Xbox - $400 (Riverside)

Date: 2012-04-17, 7:57PM PDT
Reply to:
20 video games if you want all game cost $400 firm

If you really want this old Xbox game need to be text and (no call) my name is Johnny so my number is 951-

Xbox
1) Tom Claney's Ghost Recon 2 ($20)
2) Need forvSpeed Carbon ($20)
3) Spider man ($20)
4) Spider man 2 ($20)
5) La Rush ($20)
6) burnout 3 takedown ($20)
7) midnight club 3 dub edition ($20)
8) ford mustang ($20)
9) world championship poker ($20)
10) scarface the world is yours ($20)
11) need for speed most wanted ($20)
12) true crime new York city ($20)
13) hulk ($20)
14) need forvSpeed underground 2 ($20)
15) max Payne ($20)
16) bad boy Miami takedown ($20)
17) soul calibur 2 ($20)
18) 50 cent bulletproof ($20)
19) ford vs Chevy ($20)
20) NCAA football 2005/top spin 2 game in 1 cd ($20)

The best is that he actually typed out ($20) after EVERY GAME instead of just saying $20 each.

#8820 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

Which is fine if you're getting something cheap. You take that risk. And yes sealed helps. But some electronics are dead on arrival. It happens. It is an as is community. Which means an as is price in most cases.

100 is not pocket change for most people. Say what you will about Gamestop but they have a great return process. They do have some games in good condition and if theres an issue returning the item is easy. So why would anyone pay as much on Craigslist with no guarantee as they would with a great one at Gamestop.

Gonna have to agree with this. Also, IATCG...just like you have no reason to trust your potential buyers, they have no reason to trust you. While a sealed electronic sounds like a great thing to you, some folks are going to see it is a bigger risk because you're asking them to hand you $100 when they don't even know if there's actually a PSP in the box. Or if it is in there, they have no way of knowing if it works, especially considering that it has to be charged/plugged in first.