Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

• Please log in to reply
12075 replies to this topic

#9661 crows in black

crows in black

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:45 PM

I love when people dont know enough about a game or system to even describe it correctly, yet they somehow seem to know (and by "know", I mean "think") that its hard to find and worth 100s of dollars

#9662 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

http://harrisburg.cr...3269524048.html
Up for sale is an PS Vita. The system is in great working order. Comes with

The system with 4gb mem card with all power cables
Games include
Uncharted
Mortal kombat
Marvel vs capcom 3
Raymen orgins
Monster hunter for psp for use with vhbl
Ps vita portable charger. Charge your system with out a power source.
Also comes with case that fits everything.

free atmosphere power! 8-)

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#9663 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

http://scranton.crai...3270327026.html

"I want to trade my mini fridge for either a 360,ps3,or ds.The console must have all cords and a game or games.It's got a small dent on the front but other than that it's fine.The fridge must be picked up.If interested email me. "

unusual also don't mini-fridge have a high end msrp of $70ish?

#9664 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

At first I was annoyed like everyone else when we come across the types of ads, but think about it. This person will keep renewing the ad in vain thinking in their own little world that what they are selling is a fair price. It's kind of like a hell for them. Poor dears.

No, its not a hell for them, its a training course; because they believe it will pay off in the end. a hell would be bad with no good ending or any ending in sight or mind.

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

Designed by Lilchiji

#9665 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:50 PM

funny how almost every ad for an NES has the same things in its title/description "original" "rare" "1985" "NES-001" and always want $100-$200 for it

Don't you know? NES-001 is the very first model, which is very rare and worth $13,000. You clearly don't watch Storage Wars or else you would already be educated on the subject.

http://scranton.crai...3270327026.html

"I want to trade my mini fridge for either a 360,ps3,or ds.The console must have all cords and a game or games.It's got a small dent on the front but other than that it's fine.The fridge must be picked up.If interested email me. "

unusual also don't mini-fridge have a high end msrp of $70ish?

$70 is way low-end, not high-end. If you can find one for that price, it will be tiny. Probably 1.7 cubic feet at the most (not much bigger than the freezer on this guy's fridge). When I was searching for a fridge for my room a few years back, the cheapest I could find in stores was $100 and they were total rubbish. I don't know what brand this fridge is, but it's a very good size, it appears to be in great condition aside from the dent, it has a separate freezer, and it has a lock which can be very handy. I would say this is probably worth about $150. For an old 360 with a cheap-o game, I'd say it's a relatively fair trade for someone who needs a fridge. Of course, I imagine he probably hopes he'll get something a bit newer for it.

#9666 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

http://pennstate.cra...3272050442.html

everyone he is selling a psp 3!!!! the new psp is out!!!! :lol:

#9667 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Sorry, this yardsale description just caught my eye.

2 drawer file cabinet, alarm clocks, radio, targus laptop briefcase, vibrator, crock pot little dipper,
misc kitchen ware, office supplies, "matchbox/hot wheels", mr potato heads, other small toys,
paperback romance, full face motorcycle helmet, honda wheel locks, magnifying mirror and more

Whaddya think, is it worth checking out for some "naughty granny love"? :whee:
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#9668 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:43 PM

I'm worried that the guy who posted this CL ad probably ended up graduating high school.

He's obviously a certified Tryologist.

funny how almost every ad for an NES has the same things in its title/description "original" "rare" "1985" "NES-001" and always want $100-$200 for it

Lol, I sold an NES-001 with five games for $35 and I had people hassling me thinking it was a top-loader. At least three people in my area don't watch Storage Wars.

#9669 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

http://orangecounty....3228125683.html

Need U To Coach Me on Black Ops (Chino Hills)

Date: 2012-08-24, 11:31PM PDT
Reply to this post Reply to: qfzmk-3228125683@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hello,

I would ultimately like someone to help me be a better black ops player. I know I will never be the top guy everytime and dont want to be. Just tired of being the last guy.

Would also like all of the perks unlocked, but cant seem to get them. If you would like to use my profile and unlock them, I will pay you by paypal.

If you want to get paid to play and coach me at my place in chino hills, will pay you 8 per hour. If your under 18 I would want to meet your parents first so everything is on the up and up (they are welcome to stay if they want).

Shoot me an email and let me know your thoughts.

Hold up, now this is just too hilarious. How did I miss this earlier? Funny thing is, Chino Hills is very similar to Simi Valley in that there are a LOT of law enforcement officers living there. I can just imagine this is some LAPD officer or LA County Sheriff's deputy who is just awful at COD/BLOPS. Sort of like when Homer wanted to beat Bart at the Mike Tyson's Punchout type game in one of the earliest Simpsons...

good lord....I just found an ad where a guy says he is looking for super nintendo games with prices for what he will pay for them.....here are a few examples of the prices he will pay:

nintendo campus challenge, powerfest, donkey kong country competition edition: $50

castlevania dracula x, earthbound: $25

megaman x3: $20

and about every other super rare snes cart you can imagine for $20 and under

i hate pricks like that. i had some asshole offer me $25 for earthbound in one of the facebook groups i am in. i wasn't selling it, but i told him to make an offer b/c i knew he was a super lowballer. i nicely told him to Fuck off.

We have a bunch of those guys, and this one in particular, spamming up the local CL. Please, by all means everyone, feel free to flag away...

Here's a search with his number.

Here are some of his highlights:

"IM LOOKING TO BUY IN BULK MOSTLY... PLEASE DONT CALL ME IF YOU HAVE ONLY A FEW THINGS" (unless of course they are super high value rarities, I'm sure)

Spoiler

Edited by karkyco, 14 September 2012 - 11:41 PM.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#9670 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

i know what you mean!!
I have been trying to find a NES for so long now.
My goodwill wants $100 for NES's and craigslist is just as bad, if not worse :roll:

yeah same when I was looking for a NES everyone wanted at least $90, just keep looking you will find one cheap. I finally got mine at a flea market for $15 with a controller, zapper, nes advatage, and SMB/Duck Hunt game but as I'm looking for NES/SNES game I still see the same ads wanting $100+ for NES systems I just laugh. Though at least your goodwill has one while I was looking I would hit up my local goodwill and a few other thrift stores at least once a week and the oldest thing I would ever find were fat PS1s

Don't you know? NES-001 is the very first model, which is very rare and worth $13,000. You clearly don't watch Storage Wars or else you would already be educated on the subject.

haha yeah I remember the guy said something like "it is the first Nintendo DS ever build" and took it to some store to get it checked and it wouldn't even turn on

here is the video in case anyone wants a good laugh

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#9671 leecy

leecy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:58 PM

yardsale description

:lol: That definitely makes their ad stick out. Is there really a market for used vibrators? Obviously, you have to show up a half hour early and ask about it, study it from various angles, make sure it works, etc.

#9672 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:39 AM

:lol: That definitely makes their ad stick out. Is there really a market for used vibrators? Obviously, you have to show up a half hour early and ask about it, study it from various angles, make sure it works, etc.

I'm betting it's a back massager and they just weren't thinking; but in the other case it'd be pretty crazy talking to the seller about it.

"So, are you the original owner? How much mileage has it got here?" O_O

#9673 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

http://pennstate.cra...3272050442.html

everyone he is selling a psp 3!!!! the new psp is out!!!! :lol:

It's not all that uncommon for people to refer to the PSP 3000 as "PSP 3".

I'm betting it's a back massager and they just weren't thinking

That's what I assume. Until several years ago, I never would've thought of a sex toy when hearing the word "vibrator". And I'm definitely not that old; I'm just used to a "vibrator" being one of those massaging wands. So, I can easily see an older person not making the connection. Or it's just a dirty old lady. You should go and ask about the vibrator you saw mentioned in their ad.

#9674 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

Since I went to AZ last week, here's a good lol

http://phoenix.craig...3226502838.html

Even at $100 it's a bad deal.

#9675 jman2avatar

jman2avatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

http://boston.craigs...3262333892.html

#9676 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:39 AM

lol $2500 with terrible pics and refuses to list the games, but seriously does anyone know how to take pictures or own a quality camera? I see pics like these all the time. I think the crappy .3 megapixel webcam on my laptop takes better pics

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#9677 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:43 AM

I love people like that. "Hey, I'm too busy, just give me five times what this lot is worth." Using the the ebay L@@k too, what an @sshole.

#9678 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

Since I went to AZ last week, here's a good lol

http://phoenix.craig...3226502838.html

Even at $100 it's a bad deal.

even at 70 its a bad deal

$30 for console at Gamestop, games that can be found at Gamestop / yard sales for average of 2 bucks each (minus the wrestling game but i see these all the time at thrift stores for 2 -3 bucks) 10 is what i payed for a sealed ds2 a few months ago so 50 + memory cards at at 7 used for 8mb at Gamestop, and the 64mb you can get off the internet for about 3 bucks
so grand total at about 60 bucks for retail pricing

Designed by Lilchiji

#9679 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Im not a good artist in the slightest, however I feel I could have drawn a better picture than his camera took >.>

Designed by Lilchiji

#9680 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Posted Image

#9681 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

She can do it herself. First, she should do research on the home they're going to move into, then learn about the former residents. If the ghost matches one of the residents, she should go find the body. Salt the bones and burn it up.

An exorcist may be needed if this is some really freaky fucked up stuff.

All in all, the worst things she should worry about are radon leaks and lead.

Batsugunner.png

#9682 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image

How do they manage to get to $500? I thought Vita's were $200 something. o.O

#9683 rpmboy

rpmboy

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

http://pittsburgh.cr...3274030002.html

#9684 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:54 PM

http://pittsburgh.cr...3274030002.html

In that case I can't blame him for trying. The preorders for Wii U really are sold out. Will anyone bite though? Seriously doubt it.

#9685 rpmboy

rpmboy

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:22 AM

In that case I can't blame him for trying. The preorders for Wii U really are sold out. Will anyone bite though? Seriously doubt it.

They are sold out and I don't blame him, it's just he's asking $700.

#9686 cardsharkrob

cardsharkrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

http://lansing.craig...3274365367.html

not sure if it counts as stupidity but i did look it up and a couple have sold on ebay for about 380 dollars. just thought it was interesting as i never heard of this game

#9687 Dark Lord Greg

Dark Lord Greg

The Urban Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

http://sandiego.crai...3274699554.html

another "oh a mario game must be worth at least $20" except it sells for $10 shipped all day on ebay

Dark+Lord+Greg.png

#9688 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:38 AM

Im not a good artist in the slightest, however I feel I could have drawn a better picture than his camera took >.>

hey how about you buy $2500 of bullshit laying on my table based on a picture that I took with my logitech webcam from 1998 btw I refuse to take 10 minutes of work to type out what is actually for sale with my overpriced bullshit

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#9689 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:40 AM

http://lansing.craig...3274365367.html

not sure if it counts as stupidity but i did look it up and a couple have sold on ebay for about 380 dollars. just thought it was interesting as i never heard of this game

yeah that's a legit valuable NES game but $500 is overstated. A very nice quality cart only might get $300 but $200 or so would be more likely. And the number of people who would pay that probably number in the hundreds in all of the US, let alone the chances of finding someone in your local craigslist area who wants one bad enough, but not bad enough to just buy it on ebay and have some kind of return policy or insurance..

#9690 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:47 AM

even at 70 its a bad deal

$30 for console at Gamestop, games that can be found at Gamestop / yard sales for average of 2 bucks each (minus the wrestling game but i see these all the time at thrift stores for 2 -3 bucks) 10 is what i payed for a sealed ds2 a few months ago so 50 + memory cards at at 7 used for 8mb at Gamestop, and the 64mb you can get off the internet for about 3 bucks
so grand total at about 60 bucks for retail pricing

Yeah, I needed a PS2 dual shock recently and went looking for PS2 bundles on craigslist. it's a fucking wasteland. I thought instead of paying gamestop or a local store $15 for one I could find a dingy PS2 bundle for $20-$30 that had a controller or two included.

No such luck, every idiot in the area thinks their ps2 with 6 sports games is worth $100. I gave up and bought one at gamestop.