DEAD--$5 MP3 player at Circuit City--NOW $20

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)

This is what the item looks like. This deal is NOT available online, in-store only. You get 180 downloads from emusic, 15 a month for 12 months. The MP3 player is 512mb. Yes, it's small but it's only $5. Great deal if you want a backup. If you want one get it ASAP because these are going fast.

What's the name of this model? I wouldn't mind having something like that for when I go to the gym.. my iPod is too hefty.

I ended up grabbing 3 of these earlier today. Havent opened them up yet, but they are worth it just for the downloads alone. Also this is good to have at the gym since I don't like bringing my ipod there.

gonna run out tomorrow and grab a bunch (probably 10 one for everyone in my family) ;) not that many, but a bunch. I want one, my uncle wants one, etc and then maybe a few 360 games on clearance.. Also gonna stop by BB tomorrow for the DCAU Justice League/Batman deal.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']gonna run out tomorrow and grab a bunch (probably 10 one for everyone in my family) ;) not that many, but a bunch. I want one, my uncle wants one, etc and then maybe a few 360 games on clearance.. Also gonna stop by BB tomorrow for the DCAU Justice League/Batman deal.[/quote]
Go early. I sold 80 at my store today and most other stores didn't have that many to begin with.

[quote name='kube00']My store had them for $34....[/quote]

Did you have them ring one up? They're marked $30something but ring up $5.

[quote name='neocisco']Go early. I sold 80 at my store today and most other stores didn't have that many to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit. I will be up tomorrow early 8-9esque so hopefully there will be a couple.

Seems like a good deal, thanks for posting neocisco. My local CC seems to have them in stock, so I'll head down there later today. Does anyone know if I could use these with a Mac?

[quote name='bmachine']It doesn't appear to be in the CC flyer this week...how would you get it price adjusted without an advertised price?[/QUOTE]
When they scan the merchandise it will ring up $5, so pay that price, and get a credit to the credit card, or however they do it at CC. Or when you get to store grab the items off the floor and cancel the in-store pickup order. In K.C. the store I went to before closing at 8:55pm had 6- myself and another shopper got there at same time (a bin in middle of an aisle) and we each got 3. Now that store shows sold out. The cashier said they had sold about 60 of them Monday. This deal is on alot of boards so I'm just suggesting the instore pickup order option as they might sell out fast Tuesday in certain locations. The stickered price was $54.99.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=161855

"Q: What is Circuit City's On-Line Price Protection Policy?
A: Many purchases on our website are available for in-store pickup. If you select our In-Store Pickup option, you will automatically get the lowest price we're currently offering on the item(s) you purchased. If the in-store price on the day of pickup is lower than the price you saw on our website the day of your purchase, then you get the store price. We'll automatically refund the difference based on your original payment method. "

Just an FYI, I bought one of these about 2 months ago and it broke within a week. Nothing I did either, it just started refusing to let files be put on it. It does have a warantee but I haven't sent it in yet.

umc

Thanks, neocisco. I almost bought one last time when they were $15, so instead this time I bought 3. :) Hopefully they have them when I get to the store and let me price adjust. I'll report my experience this afternoon.

People on SD are reporting these are ringing up at $19.99 today. Anyone else confirm this? I was going to pick one up today for the gym, but won't bother if they're now $20.

[quote name='lawdood']People on SD are reporting these are ringing up at $19.99 today. Anyone else confirm this? I was going to pick one up today for the gym, but won't bother if they're now $20.[/QUOTE]

I got mine today. A random price check from a worker checked in at $19.99 but when I checked out it came up $4.99. This was around 10:30am.

I don't go in until later this afternoon but I'll check to see if it's still $5 and let you guys know.

[quote name='Jack']Seems like a good deal, thanks for posting neocisco. My local CC seems to have them in stock, so I'll head down there later today. Does anyone know if I could use these with a Mac?[/quote]

These are Mac compatible.

I bought 4 of these today and they rang up for $5. I figure at that price I might as well grab some extras and not worry if I lose them or they break (taking them to the beach, amusement park etc.)

I was going to keep the shuffle I won from IPod Sweepstakes but I might just EBay that and use these instead since this has a screen.

Technically the way they are classed they are non-refundable - the system lumps them in with items like gift cards and subscriptions. Just a word of advice in case you want to scarf up a stack of them and then realize they're rubbish.

At five dollars though, get them for the eMusic goodness.

I just picked up two. Both we're $5 and there was about 30 on the bottom shelf there. The price tag was listed at $5 rather than $19.99 or whatever.

Thanks OP!

They rang up as $5 at the CC on Brice Road in Columbus. The guy took my online order and credited my card back the difference (but no 10% bonus--when did they stop that). They had some left, but the guy said they've been getting calls about them all day, so I imagine they will be gone by the time the store closes.

At the Circiut City in Prinction NJ has a lot of them and they ring up 5 dollars. Thanks to whoever found this. Great Deal!!

thanks OP!! I snagged up 6 of them, but the cashier rung up 5 of them. Then I read the side and it said it must be activated by the store in order to work for the download :( Oh well 5 dollar 512mb mp3 player with earbuds thats pretty good. I gave one to my gf, 2 to my brother, 1 for myself and I will figure out what I want to do with the rest later.

The cashier who rang them up was shocked that they rang up 5 bucks when they are tagged 39.99 or higher. Glad he didn't bust my chops.

No go on this with the in-store pick-up at Union Square in Manhattan. There were no units in the aisles and there was no way to cancel the order but still have the item in hand to try to just purchase it normally. And of course when they check the price, it rings up at $19.99.

On the plus side, since it wasn't $5, it should be refundable.

Does the subscription need to be activated in store? My uncle picked one up and says he doesn't think so, but I'm not sure. One post says subscription works fine, while another says it has to be activated in store.

These will ring up $5 in a transaction. Just doing a price inquiry in-store will still show $19.99. Have someone actually start the sale and it will ring up $5.

Also, these can returned within 30 days, regardless of price. The only problem might be if it's been opened since they can't confirm whether the subscription was started or not.

hiccups, I'm almost certain the activation does not have to be done in-store.

BTW, my store sold out of about 120 of these in less than 24 hours.

[quote name='neocisco']Go early. I sold 80 at my store today and most other stores didn't have that many to begin with.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Crap, well I can't make it to a CC until Thursday at the earliest. Maybe one will be overlooked ;).

If anyone wants one, I have an extra one I'll trade for DOAX2 (should be $14 after tax starting next week, or you can get it now and price adjust later). I'll trade you the MP3 player for it plus $6 (I'm guessing mine will be $5 to ship by Priority, you can ship DOAX2 by USPS First Class with DC for about $2).

If anyone's interested let me know.

Got one. Almost wanted to get two of them just to be able to download 360 songs (eventually) but I rather save them for others. I didn't see any of the shelves but luckily my instore pickup and adjustment went correctly.
And Neocisco, way to clear things up-- certaintly explains when some didn't get them for 4.99 and some did.

Yeah, this is still a go. Doesn't knock down to $5 until after the activation and all that nonsense. Picked up 3 of them, the bottom of the screen said $230 something before the discount - it was crazy.

This was Aurora OH, place still had 40 plus left tagged at $32.99

Dave

As I walked in CC a guy was at the register in what looked like bags full that he already bought. I looked around for any more left and didn't see any. The guy was still cashing out and I asked him if there are any left. He said no he bought all they had.

He then asked me if I would like one of them and I gladly took it. Very cool of the dude to let me grab one of those. Sucks that he did buy 15 of them but was very cool to hook me up with one of them. I would have liked 3 total for gifts but it was all good :D If the dude that bought these was a CAG I really appreciate you hooking me up with one of these. That was awesome! This was in Erie, PA BTW. Thanks Again!

Also if anyone can hook me up with 2 of these at cost plus a bit extra I would be greatful. PM me if you could do this. Thanks Everyone and OP!

bread's done
Back