Major Nelson CAGbag - Get your questions in!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
He's going to be on the show either next week or the week after (hopefully).
Got any questions for him? Post them here!

Cheapy please ask Nelson:

1) does he own the PS3? if yes or no, what does he think of the competition?

2) what does he think of microtransactions for things like themes and gamerpics?

3) are they gonna get rid of that stupid ad on the main dashboard so we can see our theme in the background? maybe they should get rid of the ads for GOLD members who pay for the Live service. (Cheapy, remember that you complained about it on the show about your TF theme)

4) is Live ever gonna have dedicated servers for Gold members?

5) what does he think of Peter Moore's decision to leave MS?

6) what does he think about the Bungie and MS decision to split?

btw Cheapy, tell Nelson I said hi :)

Why doesn't Xbox Live support the ability to have a private chat with multiple people in the same chat?

Do publishers have the ability to provide dedicated servers for their online games?

Why does Microsoft refuse to support a mouse and keyboard for in-game control?

Will Microsoft still publish games 2 and 3 of the Mass Effect Trilogy? What's his take on the EA/Bioware/Pandemic merger?

What was it like to speak with the developers of crappy games like Shadowrun and Tenchu Z on your show? Are you ever tempted to just tell them their games suck?

Are you with us or against us? im j/p. I have no idea who is major nelson except you have a podcast also, please tell me who you are and what you do? Your name is unique just like cheapyd and wombat however their names seem justified, what does the "major" mean in your name and if you were on CAG, what would a major nelson avatar look like?

CheapyD and Wombat could share their come about of their names also or what they think of Major Nelsons name, don't flame him to bad, he's your guest, then again yall run the show.

What is the major's favorite top five games of all time. What was his least favorite interview from his show, and what was his favorite. Does he think he could take cheapyd or wombat in a sumo match.

O heres a good question. What do you think of the Bungie Microsoft split? Did you know it was coming before most people did? Thanks

I think it would be very interesting to have Wombat and Major Nelson debate the pros and cons of digital distribution of games and movies. Wombat has made many excellent points against the digital distribution model and I since the Major "represents" Xbox Live, I assume that he is a supporter of digital distribution.

On second thought, maybe Wombat can run this interview.....

1) Is there any chance of Microsoft partnering up with Sega to release Dreamcast games on Xbox Live Arcade?(like Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi and Space Channel 5)

2) What are your thoughts on the Nintendo Wii and its success?

When is our dashboard update and will it include the iptv feature? Also what new ways does the Zune 2 interface with the Xbox 360? Are they going to increase the amount of friends you can have?

[quote name='Mysticheat']Are you with us or against us? im j/p. I have no idea who is major nelson except you have a podcast also, please tell me who you are and what you do? Your name is unique just like cheapyd and wombat however their names seem justified, what does the "major" mean in your name and if you were on CAG, what would a major nelson avatar look like?

CheapyD and Wombat could share their come about of their names also or what they think of Major Nelsons name, don't flame him to bad, he's your guest, then again yall run the show.[/quote]

I don't remember the exact episode of Major's podcast it was said on, but his gamertag comes from the Major Nelson character from the old "I Dream of Jeanie" TV show from the 70's. His real name is Larry Hyrb, XBox Live Director of Programming. He's basically Microsoft's ombudsman for the XBox community and also attends events/promotes the XBox system, games, and services.

1. Ask him about being BANNED IN THE USA?!?! Errrr I mean Japan.

2. Any chance we can get an idea when the new dashboard update will hit? Im betting it has clan support, I mean what would be a better feature for all these FPS that have team play in them.

3. Does Major Nelson get to do gaming whle he is working his 9 to 5. Can he go into the office and play a game? Can he play xbox 360 on lunch. Also is he required to play everygame to give them publicicity. It seems on his profile that he plays every game at least once, even if it is terrible.

One more quick suggestions Cheapy, I would send him the list of questions you have for him in advance, bceuase I bet half of him he cant answer, so if he gets the questions early, you can avoid the questions which he isnt allowed to answer due to his non disclosure agreements.

If MSFT can acknowledge and warranty problems such as RRoD, why can't they acknowledge and cover the other known isssues, such as early DVD drive failure, disk scratching aka "ringing", and dashboard update bricking. Are these failures simply too difficult to attribute or diagnose as related to an individual hardware issue, thereby arousing suspision of consumer fraud? Or is there a fear in Microsoft legal of acknowledgement of the problem as a hardware design issue which could bring on more class action suits ala Jorge Brouwer V. MSFT and Kevin Ray V. MSFT.

Should all users who experience the atypical hardware failures mentioned above just force a RRoD failure to get warranty coverage?

I do like the games, and I like giving money to a large Washington State employer, but I find it wrong for a company to backstab a counsumer simply for purchasing a console that has a certain design or manufacturing flaw not considered typical it's maker.

Both of these questions are for Major Nelson...

What do you think gamers should look forward to for the Xbox 360 in the future? ( Games, updates,

Also does the Xbox 360 team talk with the Zune team at all?

Are there no dashboard ads for minors ?

I told my nephew [17] about the free Unite To Fight Halo 3 theme & gamerpics but apparently he could not access them through the ad on the dashboard .

Is there a difference between a 'normal' XBL acount and one that is set up for a minor ?

I know some 18 and up people that would prefer this , then they could see the theme they paid for .

When are you going to make like Bunge and leave?

Fall XBL update stuff?

Will we ever get a private chat that allows you to have more than 2 people?

When using the VGA adapter, why can we not select 1680x1050 as a resolution. It's obviously not a hardware problem, as there are other resolutions available and there are other resolutions of the same aspect ratio.

Since I use my computer LCD monitor to play my 360, I'm not able to use it's native resolution because of this problem. I'd like to know why it hasn't been addressed as even on AVS Forums there is quite a large uproar (when I was researching anyways) about this problem. Any ETA on when this will be fixed?

Also, Can we get Panzer Dragoon Saga? - I want to play this game! Because of the size limitations on XBLA it'll never make it though :(

When is Live going to get original (video) programming?

Will Microsoft ever include a browser on the 360 to keep up with the competition?

What does he think the mass-market price is now for the market? When does he think the 360 will hit that price?

Why isn't Games for Windows Live a waste of time? (I tried to make this as nice as possible)

If he could make any gaming franchise 360-exclusive(that already isn't), what would it be?

If Microsoft laid him off, where would he send his first resume?

What does he think of the multiple SKU's in the marketplace for 360's?

What does he believe is the biggest mistake Microsoft has made with the 360?(other than the horrible failure rates)

He is stuck on an island with one videogame system, what would he choose?

What reporters in the industry does he feel are doing their part to help make videogames a respected part of the entertainment world?

What is stopping videogames from getting respect in the mainstream media? Are there just not enough gamers to justify respect?

What classic game does he wish was on Arcade, but isn't.

Is there a good chance we'll see The Simpsons Arcade game and the 6-player X-Men Arcade game on XBLA?

I say the 6 player version because it's the "Definitive" version of the game, and anything else would be uncivilized.

Major, first of all thank you for answering my question and I just want to tell you that i convinced 5 of my sony fanboy friends to buy the 360. Question, What are your thoughts on the Games For Windows LIVE service? I currently do not own a 360 (And do not plan to buy one) and I enjoyed playing Shadowrun with my friends who own an Xbox 360. What future titles will include cross platform support and what can we look foward to in the Games For Windows Live service?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Why are you such a vagina clown?[/QUOTE]

I have a followup question.

Major Nelson, do you ever get tired of the immature stupidity on the internet?

Given that the 3 year warranties on the RROD will begin to expire in just over 12 months, how does Microsoft plan on handling the inevitable backlash that will come when a high console failure rate meets up with MS' insistence for consumers to pay for their own repairs?

I want to know more about his actual job, something important at XBL. And is he on the payroll as PR, now?

He probably won't want to answer the latter, but its worth a shot.

Will cross Platform Save Games ever happen?

I mean for example when Gears of War comes out on PC, everyone who played it on 360 will have to play it again to get the new content. What I would like to see is if you could transfer your save games from PC to 360 and from 360 to PC.

Two parter.
Maj, with your comments section becoming nothing but; Why isn't this available in X country? Why isn't Y Demo/Arcade game out yet? My 360 is broke come to my house and fix it? Does it ever make you want to give up blogging?

When the 360 first came out you had a decent community with a good discussion now and then but now it turned into nothing but a place for Microsoft complaints and rants. Do you have any plans on stopping this behavior? Maybe registered users only with a strict ban hammer? I cringe every time I have read the comments section within the last year and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

What if anything is being done to address DRM issues with downloaded content? This becomes especially a big problem because of the RROD problem that Microsoft admits is an issue.

Major,

Why isn't the E74 error, a "hardware failure" error, included in the warranty extension that was offered? And why is there no other recourse for people who've had multiple problems? My 3rd console just died on me and being under the E74 error this time precludes me from the warranty repair. Does it not seem incredibly ludicrous for one user to have problems with 3 different consoles over a span of less than 2 years?

This most current console is literally days outside of the 1-year warranty that came with it and now I'm asked to pay $99. It just seems quite unfair to ask a user to shell out that repair cost for replacement hardware that couldn't even last a few days over a year.

bread's done
Back