HenryKrinkle619

CAG Veteran
FOR ME,

1. Into The Wild
2. 3:10 To Yuma
3. Rescue Dawn
4. Death Proof
5. Superbad

And don't gimme shit saying, where's no country? where's eastern promises? cause I've seen those films, and guess what? they did not impress me at all.

haven't seen Beowulf, Michael Clayton or American Gangster.

films that'll probably make my top 5 before the year's done: I Am Legend, He Was A Quiet Man, and There Will Be Blood.

WHAT'S YOURS?

For me it's just Knocked Up and 3:10 to Yuma. Movies I've seen that came out earlier but I haven't seen till now would be Rushmore and Fight Club. I think Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story might round out to number 5.

I have not seen many movies this year but if The Lookout and History Boys were released this year they are my favorite. Also Pan's Labryinth if that was 2007 as well.

I didn't make it to alot of flicks this year but:

1) Hot Fuzz
2) Knocked Up
3) American Gangster
4) Superbad
5) 300

There were a ton of great movies out this year, but if I had to narrow it down to five, I'd say:

Hot Fuzz
28 Weeks Later
No Country For Old Men
Superbad

I wanted to squeeze Smokin' Aces on here somewhere, but there's just no room...

Grindhouse
Smokin' Aces
The Number 23

Shooter
----------------
In that order. I only put shooter on there because the only other movie I had seen was Disturbia and that shit was bleh. Shooter wasn't really good imo, I just haven't seen any more movies.

No Country For Old Men
Darjeeling Limited
Hot Fuzz
Superbad
as a filler i guess Shoot'em up

These might be in my top 5 if i see them
3:10 to Yuma
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Juno
Lars and the Real Girl

no particular order:

Superbad
Knocked Up
Pan's Labyrinth
Grindhouse

We never got Old Country, never got to see Darjeeling, and I had no interest in the westerns.

I can't believe nobody mentioned:

The Bourne Supremacy

and there are so little people saying:

The Simpsons Movie

also hilarious but not like the untouchable simpsons movie:

Superbad

god bless zombies:

Resident Evil 3

and because it truly was amazing:

Life Free or Die Hard

If I had to rank these in order it goes:

Simpsons Movie
Superbad
Live Free or Die Hard
Bourne Supremacy
Resident Evil 3

1. No Country for Old Men
2. Grindhouse
3. 300 (that was this year, right?)
4. The Departed
5. Hot Fuzz

Worst film of the year? Halloween (remake)

[quote name='Magehart']I must add that I am Legend will probably make my top 5 if it lives up to my expectations.[/QUOTE]

Most novels-turned-films don't make the transition subtlety. The trick is to not have any expectations. If you don't have any expectations, then you tend to be more forgiving.

umm I'll do my best to remember and I'll probably leave out something good but I'm cramming for finals at the moment so my mind is elsewhere...anyways... in no order:
No Country For Old Men
Darjeeling Limited
Ratatouille
Sunshine
Shoot Em Up

1. Lars and The Real Girl
2. 300
3. Hot Fuzz
4. Rocket Science
5. The Mist

Runner-up: The Darjeeling Limited and Hot Rod

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Most novels-turned-films don't make the transition subtlety. The trick is to not have any expectations. If you don't have any expectations, then you tend to be more forgiving.[/quote]

Not reading the book is the real trick to go about it.

In no particular order:

Ratatouille
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Assassination of Jesse James
Gone Baby Gone
Sunshine

1. Superbad
2. Live Free or Die Hard
3. Knocked Up
4. Hot Fuzz
5. 300

Still need to see I am Legend and Juno, Juno looks like it might creep in and knock 300 out.

1.) No Country for Old Men
2.) Eastern Promises
3.) The Darjeeling Limited
4.) Grindhouse (DeathProof over Planet Terror!)
5.) Superbad

1. Bourne Ultimatum
2. American Gangster
3. 300
4. 30 Days of Night
5. 3:10 to Yuma

Also favorites that didn't make the Top 5: Superbad, Live Free Die Hard, Hot Fuzz

1. Live Free or Die Hard
2. The Simpsons Movie
3. Hot Fuzz
4. Futurama: Bender's Big Score

Nothing else I've seen this year has been great enough to rank.

Right now it is hard to say but these are my top movies in no particular order:

Pan's Labrynth
Children of Men
Micheal Clayton

This is it so far, but I am pretty sure No Country for Old Men will make it on there. Also I am Legend and Juno might make it on as well.

I'm not going to name names, but a couple of people in this thread have a pretty bad taste in films. Like really, really shitty taste as if no consideration went into their movie watching decision and they just walked into the most crappiest films because they had the 'neatest' commercials/trailers/logos.

I mean WTF?!

[quote name='Zen Davis']I'm not going to name names, but a couple of people in this thread have a pretty bad taste in films.[/QUOTE]

yea like the guy who said Resident Evil 3 was his top film.

yet no one said Transformers?

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea like the guy who said Resident Evil 3 was his top film.

yet no one said Transformers?[/quote]
As I said, I'm not going to name names, but the majority of people, even if they had varying decisions than mine, I can understand why they would pick the films they do.

A couple of people just left me scratching my head though.

And Pan's Labyrinth came out in 2006. So did Children of Men.

[quote name='Zen Davis']

And Pan's Labyrinth came out in 2006. So did Children of Men.[/QUOTE]

yea but CoM came out so late in December I guess some people didn't see it until 2007. Personally I hated that film because it was just boring and put me to sleep. What a waste of money. I should have never bought this dvd.

[quote name='ITDEFX']yea like the guy who said Resident Evil 3 was his top film.

yet no one said Transformers?[/quote]

I'm a sucker for Zombie movies so I had to pick RE3.

It honestly wasn't as bad as people keep saying it is. Not Oscar material by any means though if Milla took off her top it would've been. It did what I wanted and that was to entertain me. Much better than that shitty ass transformers crap. Now if whats her hotness in transformers took her top off that would be all my top 5 slots.

[quote name='Magehart']I'm a sucker for Zombie movies so I had to pick RE3.

It honestly wasn't as bad as people keep saying it is. Not Oscar material by any means though if Milla took off her top it would've been. It did what I wanted and that was to entertain me. Much better than that shitty ass transformers crap. Now if whats her hotness in transformers took her top off that would be all my top 5 slots.[/quote]

28 Weeks Later was by far a better zombie film.

1. Stomp the Yard
2. Alpha Dog
3. Norbit
4. The Condemned
5. Dead or Alive.
6. Bratz (had to be in the top)

Close but no cigar: Evan Almighty, I Know Who Killed Me, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.

[quote name='zewone']Seems like a lot of you haven't seen No Country For Old Men.[/QUOTE]
Thats because it hasn't had that wide of a release, and when it does its very quiet and never advertised.

Also, your signature looks like a star trek picture.

Ratatouille.... by default. It was the first movie I'd been to since Revenge of the Sith and I went to an 11 a.m. screening so there were a ton of screaming kids and no one was paying attention. I liked it though.

I can't beleive nobody mentioned the Hitman Movie.

Despicable....

You guys call yourselves gamers.

And yes, I know the movie sucked.

I'll check Hitman out but I doubt it's a very good movie. Also, I'm hoping I can bump Zodiac off my list with I Am Legend or perhaps The Golden Compass.

My 5 would probably be (in order)

1. No Country For Old Men (haven't seen it but can pretty much tell it will be my fav. movie of all time).
2. Darjeeling Ltd (hvent seen it yet either but I LOOOoooove Wes Anderson flicks).
3. Superbad adn Knocked up (are they really even different movies?)
4. Live F or D Hard
5. 300

This list can change because there are a few that I have not seen yet. I usually have to wait for the to come out on dvd/Blu Ray. It's to expensive to take our whole family out to the movies.

1.Ratatouille
2.Planet Terror
3.knocked up
5.Transformers

bread's done
Back