Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

What have you received recently?

• Please log in to reply
2726 replies to this topic

#1441 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

Disney sent me a copy of Cars 2: The Video Game, which I wasn't expecting. It's not terribly exciting, but I always welcome free stuff.

Spoiler

Nice score. Maybe not so nice for you since you don't have a baby, but still...that's about $30 worth of formula right there. And those coupons are great for getting free bottles of pre-mixed formula that last for a day or two. I'd be begging you for this stuff if I lived in your area. Heh. Like you said, this stuff is not cheap at all. I'm so glad my son can actually eat food now.

If you put it up on Craigslist, it will get snatched up right away. I just hope it doesn't go to someone who will turn around and sell it to someone else.

#1442 T9X69

T9X69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

I got that mission icefly thing in the mail about week ago, 15 copies of Lode Runner for XBLA and my review copy of Dead Block thursday. Fun game ^_^

Chris Carlson
Writer
ripten_logo.png447864.png

#1443 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:21 AM

Damn, how'd you get 15 copies of Lode Runner? I'd be happy with just one. Heh.

#1444 T9X69

T9X69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

Damn, how'd you get 15 copies of Lode Runner? I'd be happy with just one. Heh.

I found a method (which I posted, but was removed for some reason) to get keep getting codes. Ended up with about 25 and gave them all away on twitter, and some in the code drop thread.

After I posted it, a few people dropped some codes in that thread as well. So if you're looking for one, I'd keep an eye on it.

Chris Carlson
Writer

#1445 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:44 AM

Actually, I just found out how to get the game. I tried searching earlier, but I guess I just wasn't using the right phrase. The method for getting the game is a little shady, so I can kinda see why your post was removed. Heh.

#1446 The Bryant

The Bryant

Jobber to the Stars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:22 AM

Got the Gucci Guilty sample a few days ago. I was disappointed to see it wasn't a bottle, haha! Got a little too carried away!
Want to WIN FREE PRIZES for browsing the web? Join SwagBucks and you'll do just that! Please help me out by using my ref link to sign up for SwagBucks!

Actively playing:
:ps3: - WWE '12, LittleBigPlanet 2: SE, Jak and Daxter Collection
:ds: - HeartGold

Posted Image

#1447 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

Did anyone ever receive your pet citizenship kit?

#1448 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:40 AM

I found a method (which I posted, but was removed for some reason) to get keep getting codes. Ended up with about 25 and gave them all away on twitter, and some in the code drop thread.

After I posted it, a few people dropped some codes in that thread as well. So if you're looking for one, I'd keep an eye on it.

how long does it take to get the email with the code? Ive signed up with 2 emails now. They dont actually send it to you in the mail do they?

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#1449 T9X69

T9X69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

how long does it take to get the email with the code? Ive signed up with 2 emails now. They dont actually send it to you in the mail do they?

Halo Reach and Kinect Sports yes. Lode Runner they send you a 25 digit download code to redeem on Xbox.com. Either they ran out of codes, or they're going to send out cards with codes on it since it was exploited because I'm just getting emails saying I'll get it in the mail.

Chris Carlson
Writer

#1450 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

Halo Reach and Kinect Sports yes. Lode Runner they send you a 25 digit download code to redeem on Xbox.com. Either they ran out of codes, or they're going to send out cards with codes on it since it was exploited because I'm just getting emails saying I'll get it in the mail.

damn. well I used a fake address for one of the emails. SO guess Ill only be getting one code if thats the case. And when I try for Kinect Sports or Halo Reach it always tells me the email has already been used. And Ive tried 3 emails now.

rm8ylt.gif

#1451 T9X69

T9X69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

damn. well I used a fake address for one of the emails. SO guess Ill only be getting one code if thats the case. And when I try for Kinect Sports or Halo Reach it always tells me the email has already been used. And Ive tried 3 emails now.

That just means the MEID code has already been used. Just change one of the 4 last numbers of the MEID code and 9/10 it will work.

Chris Carlson
Writer

#1452 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:11 AM

That just means the MEID code has already been used. Just change one of the 4 last numbers of the MEID code and 9/10 it will work.

Are there any laws governing the use of this? I ask this just in case I enter a real address as I don't want the law showing up on my doorstep (a local detective here has a dislike for me and my brother).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#1453 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

Are there any laws governing the use of this? I ask this just in case I enter a real address as I don't want the law showing up on my doorstep (a local detective here has a dislike for me and my brother).

hopefully not. I redeemed all 3 games. Doesnt mean they'll come though.

rm8ylt.gif

#1454 COLDblood

COLDblood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

I dunno but it seems like it might be a gray area that could lead to trouble, so to be safe I would not try.
http://support.vzw.c.../faq_fraud.html

Did anyone ever receive your pet citizenship kit?

Yup!

http://cdn.cheapassg...pictureid=21750

Edited by COLDblood, 11 July 2011 - 02:10 AM.

#1455 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

I dunno but it seems like it might be a gray area that could lead to trouble, so to be safe I would not try.
http://support.vzw.c.../faq_fraud.html

I wasn't thinking when I did this. Do you think I could get in legal trouble? I really wish I wouldn't have.

Believe it or not I thought this was a promotion, not fraud. I must investigate much more in the future.

#1456 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:14 AM

hopefully not. I redeemed all 3 games. Doesnt mean they'll come though.

I requested all three to my real name and address as well.

I wasn't thinking when I did this. Do you think I could get in legal trouble? I really wish I wouldn't have.

Believe it or not I thought this was a promotion, not fraud. I must investigate much more in the future.

Personally, I am doubting that anything big would come from this besides not getting the games.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1457 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

I requested all three to my real name and address as well.

Personally, I am doubting that anything big would come from this besides not getting the games.

Well, at least I only requested one.

#1458 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Well, at least I only requested one.

I heard of people who requested 20 copies of each (no one from here but on other sites).
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1459 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

I heard of people who requested 20 copies of each (no one from here but on other sites).

And that's the reason people like me can't even get 1 copy of Reach, some people are so fucking greedy, they deserve a visit from the cops.

#1460 henrylin22

henrylin22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

i ordered a copy of LA Noire, and barnes n Noble sent me 4. XD

#1461 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

imagine everyone that did this get's sued or even worse. I hope that isn't the case and I can recieve both halo and kinect sports. Me and my brother have been dying for a new kinect game to play.

#1462 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

A book, or the game?

#1463 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

And that's the reason people like me can't even get 1 copy of Reach, some people are so fucking greedy, they deserve a visit from the cops.

im sure the link still works if you want to try it. Its just the topics keep getting deleted.

rm8ylt.gif

#1464 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

Got a K-Cup carousel and 36 count assorted pack of K-cups. No brewer, though, so I may be looking for one on the cheap now (won from a text contest in the thread here)

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#1465 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

Luckily for most people, greed isn't illegal. And if you tried to take advantage of this little scam, then you are just as guilty of being greedy.

Very nice. I ordered a really nice 3DS messenger bag from Amazon a couple of months ago and they ended up sending me three. I've been trying to sell the two extras, but nobody seems to be interested.

#1466 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:03 AM

Luckily for most people, greed isn't illegal. And if you tried to take advantage of this little scam, then you are just as guilty of being greedy.

Greed is excessive want, 1 game isn't, 20 is of each game is when the sole purpose is to flip them around and put them on eBay or such.

On another note, got my business card holder today, yay! :)

#1467 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Greed is excessive want, 1 game isn't, 20 is of each game is when the sole purpose is to flip them around and put them on eBay or such.

I don't see how lying/cheating to get something that you don't deserve isn't excessive. If I only steal one TV from Best Buy, should I be excused because I'm not the guy who stole five?

Greed is a selfish desire, and I'd say that committing fraud to claim something that belongs to someone else is pretty damn selfish. It doesn't matter if it's one game or twenty; you're in the same boat.

#1468 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

I am only saying this to put out the other side of the story. Even though the games are worth $20-$30 or whatever, and they should cost that, it takes most likely takes 10 cents to make another copy of it. I don't think taking 20 or 10 or 5 of each is right but taking one of each.....not that bad. Lode Runner was a code after all. (One that I still did not get.) They (microsoft) are the ones that say it is worth 800 msp or $10. I see your reasoning and totally agree with it. The people that took excessive amount of them are greedy and all that, but, the people who took one or one of each, if they had good intentions,(For the kid, could not afford, gift) then it is not so bad.

((P.S I still wish I had got Lode runner))

(((P.P.S I would ,and this is not Sarcastic I swear, to hear your responce)))

:whee:
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#1469 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:33 PM

Yeah, but now it's too late and no-one gets anything.

#1470 Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

I got HL2 and HL2 EP 1 free courtesy Of The Mog Blog! Thanks you guys!