Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

What have you received recently?

• Please log in to reply
2769 replies to this topic

#1471 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

I wasn't thinking when I did this. Do you think I could get in legal trouble? I really wish I wouldn't have.

Believe it or not I thought this was a promotion, not fraud. I must investigate much more in the future.

I dont believe that, but that was the first thing I thought. When these things get leaked they just annoy me... Some people love to kill these promos and this prevents them from happening in the future.

#1472 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

I am only saying this to put out the other side of the story. Even though the games are worth $20-$30 or whatever, and they should cost that, it takes most likely takes 10 cents to make another copy of it. I don't think taking 20 or 10 or 5 of each is right but taking one of each.....not that bad. Lode Runner was a code after all. (One that I still did not get.) They (microsoft) are the ones that say it is worth 800 msp or $10. I see your reasoning and totally agree with it. The people that took excessive amount of them are greedy and all that, but, the people who took one or one of each, if they had good intentions,(For the kid, could not afford, gift) then it is not so bad.

((P.S I still wish I had got Lode runner))

(((P.P.S I would ,and this is not Sarcastic I swear, to hear your responce)))

:whee:

Except you're not paying entirely for materials, you're paying for the work the development team put into the game when you buy one. Games/movies/music need to make back all the money that was spent on promotion/developers/producers/talent/etc before they can turn a profit. These people go to work everyday just like you or I, put in long days in the office, and all with the intentions of putting together a good product that won't actually pay off for a long time. Games don't cost $60 specifically because they can, but because upgrading software and hardware, training programmers, testing, man hours, and so on. When people don't pay artists, companies, developers don't make money and people lose jobs. I get that everyone thinks well I'm only taking one, but one times even 1000 ($60x 1000 = the kind of money you don't want to lose as a company) and in the end actually drives up the price for the consumer because they factor piracy into the cost now.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#1473 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

I am only saying this to put out the other side of the story. Even though the games are worth $20-$30 or whatever, and they should cost that, it takes most likely takes 10 cents to make another copy of it. I don't think taking 20 or 10 or 5 of each is right but taking one of each.....not that bad. Lode Runner was a code after all. (One that I still did not get.) They (microsoft) are the ones that say it is worth 800 msp or $10. I see your reasoning and totally agree with it. The people that took excessive amount of them are greedy and all that, but, the people who took one or one of each, if they had good intentions,(For the kid, could not afford, gift) then it is not so bad.

((P.S I still wish I had got Lode runner))

(((P.P.S I would ,and this is not Sarcastic I swear, to hear your responce)))

"Could not afford it" is not a good reason for taking something. I can't afford a new car; it doesn't mean that it's okay for me to go steal one. It's also not okay if I steal the car just so I can give it to someone for their birthday. If you can't afford to get a game for yourself or your kid, you're supposed to wait until you can afford it. Owning a luxury item is a privilege, not a right. You're not entitled to something just because you want it. Sometimes, we just have to go without. That's something a lot of people don't seem to realize.

It's true that it costs very little to print copies of a game, but that doesn't change their value. It doesn't cost much to print money either. So, does that make it okay to rob the U.S. Mint? Why is it more acceptable to steal video games? When we start justifying theft, where do we draw the line?

For the record, I'm not riding on a moral high horse here; I'm not free from guilt. I do, however, acknowledge that what I have done is wrong and I don't try to justify it. Whether it's stealing food for my family, hijacking a vehicle, or tricking a company into giving me games for free, I'm not going to pretend that I'm justified in doing so.

Off topic: I commend you for your use of "PPS". It's so rare to see people actually do that properly. I'll never understand what makes people think that "PSS" is acceptable.

#1474 Wchillinman

Wchillinman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

I received my Simpsons Bust-Ups Series 2 micro models today from Sly Comics. I also received my business card holder, it has a wood-grained like cover.

#1475 RedRingOfDeath

RedRingOfDeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

All the self-righteous bullshit comments in this thread are giving me a headache.

Get off your holier-than-thou trips and come back to Earth. People are people. Someone is basically giving something away (forgive me if I skip the details), so people will line up with their hands out. Its human nature to want to get a good deal or get something of value for free...just like when you go to pass someone on the freeway that is going 5 below the speed-limit, then they speed up half-way through your passing them. Its what people do.

Sure, some people are more honorable than others, but dont act surprised and dont get it twisted. As I said before, people are people. The way some of you people react with your comments is just ridiculous. Get off your high horse. Some people got some free shit (maybe, if they still get it), and some had more self-restraint and did not. You people who are here giving others crap for taking promo games need to get a grip on reality and concern yourselves a little more with yourselves. Do you and let others do themselves and everyone will be happy. ;) Seriously, there are people dying in this world for stupid BS and we are in here whining about who did and did not take advantage of a promo... At least make a proper thread called "The bitching and whining thread" if that's what you want to do.

Back on topic: I just got my business card holder from 1 sale a day! Yay! :-P

I know the muffin man!

#1476 Gram

Gram

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

I've recently received a Luigi figure, a coupon for a free Suave product, and a business card holder. I also got A Dance with Dragons today, but that wasn't free.

#1477 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

All the self-righteous bullshit comments in this thread are giving me a headache.

Get off your holier-than-thou trips and come back to Earth. People are people. Someone is basically giving something away (forgive me if I skip the details), so people will line up with their hands out. Its human nature to want to get a good deal or get something of value for free...just like when you go to pass someone on the freeway that is going 5 below the speed-limit, then they speed up half-way through your passing them. Its what people do.

Sure, some people are more honorable than others, but dont act surprised and dont get it twisted. As I said before, people are people. The way some of you people react with your comments is just ridiculous. Get off your high horse. Some people got some free shit (maybe, if they still get it), and some had more self-restraint and did not. You people who are here giving others crap for taking promo games need to get a grip on reality and concern yourselves a little more with yourselves. Do you and let others do themselves and everyone will be happy. ;) Seriously, there are people dying in this world for stupid BS and we are in here whining about who did and did not take advantage of a promo... At least make a proper thread called "The bitching and whining thread" if that's what you want to do.

You're reading a little too much into what I said. I am not "holier than thou" nor did I ever claim to be. I jumped on the Verizon deal just like everyone else did, so I'm certainly not scolding anyone else for doing so. I merely find it silly that people think they are justified because they "only requested one game" so I'm trying to put it into perspective. Stealing is stealing (or "attempted stealing" in this case). I have no problem owning up to it, but other people seem to think they deserve the games just because they were only trying to steal a little bit. I don't know about you, but if one guy tried to steal 20 of my video games and another guy only tried to steal one, I'm not going to let the second guy slide just because he didn't try to steal as many.

And yes, Verizon was indeed giving these games away...to customers who bought their $400 (I assume) cell phones. It was meant as a reward for their customers, not a freebie for anyone who comes along and falsifies information. But like I said: my issue is not with people taking advantage of the promotion; my issue is with people thinking they haven't done anything shady.

Now, back to the main topic: I received an energy drink from Revo Biolabs or some such. I don't remember what the drink is called, but it tasted like ass and it didn't give me the least bit of energy. In fact, I just fell asleep at my desk for about 40 minutes.

#1478 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

You're reading a little too much into what I said. I am not "holier than thou" nor did I ever claim to be. I jumped on the Verizon deal just like everyone else did, so I'm certainly not scolding anyone else for doing so. I merely find it silly that people think they are justified because they "only requested one game" so I'm trying to put it into perspective. Stealing is stealing (or "attempted stealing" in this case). I have no problem owning up to it, but other people seem to think they deserve the games just because they were only trying to steal a little bit. I don't know about you, but if one guy tried to steal 20 of my video games and another guy only tried to steal one, I'm not going to let the second guy slide just because he didn't try to steal as many.

This whole conversation started because you said I was being too greedy for wanting to get the free game that wasn't free, I just don't see why you would try to counsel me on how I'm greedy and what I did was wrong, when "you're on the same boat" as me. I never said that it was right for me to be "stealing" one of the games, I was just ticked off at the moment that people were taking 20 games, for one reason, to sell them and make a profit, when all I wanted was one game for myself. I know it wasn't right for me to be trying to get the game, but I won't have to answer about how "greedy" I am to anyone, just God.

Back on topic now, I got a couple of the free Hugo BOSS samples in the mail today, they kinda suck, but oh well haha.

#1479 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

This whole conversation started because you said I was being too greedy for wanting to get the free game that wasn't free, I just don't see why you would try to counsel me on how I'm greedy and what I did was wrong, when "you're on the same boat" as me. I never said that it was right for me to be "stealing" one of the games, I was just ticked off at the moment that people were taking 20 games, for one reason, to sell them and make a profit, when all I wanted was one game for myself. I know it wasn't right for me to be trying to get the game, but I won't have to answer about how "greedy" I am to anyone, just Santa.

Oh, please...if we're really going to do this, at least try to not take things out of context. I'm not judging or counseling anyone here. You were calling people greedy and claiming to not be greedy yourself, and I called you out on it. Not for the sake of provoking you, but to point out the fallacy.

I have nothing against you. I don't care that you tried to take advantage of the promotion and I wouldn't care if you were trying to get 20 games (despite the limit being 8). I simply found it silly that you would complain not about people taking something unjustly but about people taking more than you, as if only they were in the wrong and you somehow weren't. People in general seem to have a serious lack of self-awareness and objectivity.

EDIT: I apologize to everyone else for carrying on this off-topic discussion, by the way. Should anyone feel the need the continue, I suggest doing so via a new thread or PM, although I personally don't see the point. I'm already at the point of reiterating previous statements and I don't think I have anything new to add to the debate, and I think there is little (if anything) to gain from trying.

Edited by ZombieToast, 13 July 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#1480 IIBlazer

IIBlazer

The Webmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:18 PM

A couple days ago I got my Big Ass Fan hat. Pretty cool, it has an elastic band for fitting. Pretty nice.
Hatuhs gunna hate.

Go ahead and add me on XBox.

#1481 koch1987

koch1987

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

A couple days ago I got my Big Ass Fan hat. Pretty cool, it has an elastic band for fitting. Pretty nice.

got mine also nice fitting hat, but ill not be wearing a ass on my head out in public lol added to my collection

#1482 notimetobeidle

notimetobeidle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

Posted Image

I just now won the Steam Summer Sale grand prize thing (10 games on my wishlist)
-Terraria
-Magic: The Gathering 2012
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution
-Darkspore
-Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition
-FEAR 3
-Dead Island
-Tropico 4
-Stronghold 3
-RAGE

Along with the games I got from the sale I'm set for quite a while.

GAMElitist.com
For the discerning gamer.

#1483 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:44 AM

Didn't get much today aside from a sample of Worx. But I did get a really nice poster from Redwood Creek that will probably go above my wine cabinet.

got mine also nice fitting hat, but ill not be wearing a ass on my head out in public lol added to my collection

My issue is actually the "Fans" portion; I'd prefer if it just said "Big Ass". Oh well, I needed a hat, so I guess it doesn't matter.

#1484 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:46 AM

I got some religious book for free? (not the bible) lol

#1485 JollehRoger

JollehRoger

Feel My Cagceps

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Got my Schick Quattro Titanium Trimmer in the mail today. I can't use it yet though as I just trimmed my beard and moustache yesterday. Bad timing on this arriving but oh well, I do need to shave my neckbeard off.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Add me OnLive: JollehRoger

#1486 cin84_12

cin84_12

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Got a free can of paint from Glidden today.

#1487 koch1987

koch1987

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Got a Email from Marlboro saying my free LED flashlight was shipped

#1488 CaptainKirk

CaptainKirk

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

1SaleADay
Mini Lock
Business Card holder

GameStop PowerUp Rewards
Fallout New Vegas Launch Kit

#1489 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:32 PM

Received my Ocarina of Time 3D OST in the mail today. Slight small crack near the top, but otherwise, it's barely noticeable. Can't wait to listen to it while going to & from classes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1490 Strigol

Strigol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

got the schick trimmer and worx energy drink yesterday....worx went to a friend, and the schick is...well crap...the trimmer part is nice, but can't say I like the razor side at all, of course I had a week growth going on so even my standard razor had trouble finishing the job

#1491 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

Got my schick trimmer today.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1492 The Bryant

The Bryant

Jobber to the Stars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

Got a free Schick Hydra razor for my birthday in the mail today. I didn't even order this thing. Haha!
Want to WIN FREE PRIZES for browsing the web? Join SwagBucks and you'll do just that! Please help me out by using my ref link to sign up for SwagBucks!

Actively playing:
:ps3: - WWE '12, LittleBigPlanet 2: SE, Jak and Daxter Collection
:ds: - HeartGold

Posted Image

#1493 COLDblood

COLDblood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Todays mail: a free hard case for my phone from cellpig.com, 1st issue of Car & Driver and Truckin arrived and a coupon for a free pack of Jif peanut butter to go.

#1494 golfing7861

golfing7861

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

Got my Shick Trimmer, awesome!

#1495 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

Todays mail: a free hard case for my phone from cellpig.com, 1st issue of Car & Driver and Truckin arrived and a coupon for a free pack of Jif peanut butter to go.

I picked my JIF yesterday, it is actually a really nice product giveaway.

#1496 silentevil

silentevil

Most evil man ever!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:59 PM

Got a free Ruby Tuesday burger
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1497 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

Has anyone gotten the free card that comes with buying Magic the Gathering 2012?

#1498 volcombrandon

volcombrandon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:06 AM

Got a Xbox 360 Slim, A portal 2 Shirt and LA noire Sticker, Duke nukem balls of steel editon, Ghost recon Swag shirt from E3, Alice the Madness returns xbox 360 game, Split Reason Sticker pack from twitter, Nintendo Mystery Case Files video game and swag pack, 25$ Subway gift card, Another 25$ subway gift card + 25$ Champs Gift card + Jillian Micheals Workout DVD, A sweet spiderpodium from Breffo that holds my ipod or another mobile devices, Guild Wars Eye of the north PC game, Rockband 3 xbox 360 game, Assasins Creed print of ezio from e3 + Rage,Skyrim,Prey Keychains also from e3, 2 1600 Microsoft points cards from twitter, Some XLBA games including Trenched, Lucha Fury, Marvel Pinball fx2 tables, Full house poker, Half minute Hero, Annihilation cod map pack, Galaga Legions DX, Section 8 Map pack, Ms splosion man. Im trying to think if there's anything else thats all i can really think of that i recently got in the mail and or online :) I'll post more if i receive some more items!!

#1499 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:37 AM

Were all of those from CAG? Because I don't recall seeing those being prizes from our (CAG) contests.

#1500 volcombrandon

volcombrandon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:19 AM

Were all of those from CAG? Because I don't recall seeing those being prizes from our (CAG) contests.

Most of them are from contests on twitter.. and facebook also.