Contest (CAG Foreplay #29): Win Saitek Evo Joystick and Control Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #29, CAG kPod was kind enough to donate a brand new Saitek Cyborg Evo USB Joystick and Pro Gamer Control Unit.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay.

Good luck everyone and thanks again, kPod!

Here's some links to the products:

evo.jpg

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/evo.htm

2237-09.jpg

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/review/2005/12/09/Saitek-Pro-Gamer-Command-Unit/p1

Contest entry, GO!
As you may or may not be aware, I play World of Warcraft.
I think I'd play a Flight Simulator game with these things.

Contest entry:

I think I would play a flight sim too, but the realistic ones might prove to daunting, instead I'd pick maybe Tie fighter, X-wing Alliance, or anything in that series; they're action packed and an easy learning curve.

Shiiizle boxcutter, beat me to the punch. X-wing vs. Tie-Fighter mangs and X-wing Alliance...and Nancy Drew. It's all about the old skewl "I'm gonna blow u bitches up in my advanced tie fighter".

Let's not forget the freeware FlightSim that is FlightGear. : D

And for reference, the other older game I've been playing is Commanche GOLD.

If the keys can be programed I would use the Pro Gamer Control Unit to get back in to CoH.
I also wanted to say this was my first foreplay experience and I really liked it.

people should start out with adventure games. either the classics like the King's Quest series or the newer ones like the 3D Sam & Max games. adventure games have great writing, good stories and fun puzzles to solve. adventure games got me into PC games more than anything else so it's a nice way for people to get into PC gaming without the complexity of sims/FPS games or the commitment of MMO games. ^.^

If I was new to PC gaming, the X-Wing Triliogy is the series I would need to play. Easily the best gaming experience to be had in the Star Wars universe. Tie Fighter hits a particular high note as you fight for the Empire against rebels and traitors alike.

[quote name='UltimoRey']If the keys can be programed I would use the Pro Gamer Control Unit to get back in to CoH.
I also wanted to say this was my first foreplay experience and I really liked it.[/quote]The keys can be programmed entirely, and you can either load them as a game's 'profile', or you can set it into one of the three profiles that are activated by a position on the MODE switch. It has dedicated modes for FPS and RTS, but that's just default.

You have all those buttons (20 I think) plus the one that sits under your palm. Think of that as a shift key. Hit that and hold it while pressing another button, and it has a separate function which you can again program to a certain command.

I have a copy of IL-2 that's been gathering dust while I wait to find a proper afforadable flight stick to play it with. I believe this might fit that bill.

I started playing because I was in the beta and I got a cool userrname ;) My first name.... I don't play anymore cause well, no time to commit to one game

I would rig it to play some Counter Strike Source. Would be in tents!
I just bought Flight Sim X for my father. He'd probably get a lot of use out of it.

This set is perfect for Battlefield 2/2142. While some people claim that you can fly with mouse, the only proper way is with a joystick.

I bought a new beefy PC for "work" purposes with end of the year money. I have not played PC games since Starcraft and Quake II first came out but have been wanting to start up again. The suave joystick and control unit would be a pretty good incentive. I have no clue which games I would start with, but it would most certainly get used.

use several emulators and play different verisons of Sega's Space Harrier (and After Burner and Galaxy Force II). What old school goodness and great memories that game gave me at the old Showcase Cinimas on Bardstown Rd. back in the day. I'm sure that old sitdown machine is scrapped and the Showcase is sold, but man, the memories will last forever!

Using the joystick to play BF2 would help someone feel more in control of flying a plane or helicopter, or at least would help me feel more in control :D

I would definitely have to go for X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (which is much better than Nancy Drew ;) ) lol using the joystick.

I have been looking for a pad though for use with WoW and other things where it would be nice to have extra keys that are not on the regular keyboard.

Thanks for keeping me up to date on new games.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the MechWarrior series. I would love to go back to those again with a solid joystick.

I think this joystick would make me a Peggle Master!!!!!

Which I would not have known about had it not been for your podcast. My wife is now hooked on the show too!! She takes notes about the games you give favorable reviews so we can check for demos and see if its something we would like.

would enable me the guts to actually play IL-2 Sturmovik. I have been to daunted to play without the proper equipment. Shame really, I could see falling in love.

Contest Entry:

Well this Stick would propely be Used to play my Flight Simulator X
Also Mech Assualt 4 . . . . .

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I'll be honest. If I get it I'll sell it so that I could buy some books for school.[/quote]

... and I'd buy dear old Mom a wooden leg so she could dance again before the cancer takes her. Yeah, that's right. Wouldn't even think about that copy of Burnout Paradise.

I'd take it over to a friend's house to try it out on Bioshock or Crysis (I play my PC games over there). I might give it to him if he likes it.

I'd probably use these for IL-2, which I haven't played very much of despite having the 1946 complete collection. I'd also use it for Battlefield 1942 and TIE Fighter, both of which I used to play often, but haven't played very much of recently.

I have a bunch of older flight sims that I would like to try out with the stick. I'm sure games like Falcon would be much better with this high end flight stick as opposed to a gamepad! :joystick:

wow... I cant belive how many people remember Tie Fighter. such a a great game.

I'd play A10 - Tank Killer, if i could get it to work on XP.... that was my first ever combat flight sim.

Edit... with the number of people recommending IL-2 Sturmovik, might have to try that too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back