Contest (CAG Foreplay #29): Win Saitek Evo Joystick and Control Unit

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:00 AM

As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #29, CAG kPod was kind enough to donate a brand new Saitek Cyborg Evo USB Joystick and Pro Gamer Control Unit.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay.

Good luck everyone and thanks again, kPod!

Here's some links to the products:

Posted Image

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/evo.htm

Posted Image
http://www.trustedre...Command-Unit/p1
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#2 Majora2010

Majora2010

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:45 AM

Contest entry, GO!
As you may or may not be aware, I play World of Warcraft.
I think I'd play a Flight Simulator game with these things.

#3 boxcutter

boxcutter

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:16 AM

Contest entry:

I think I would play a flight sim too, but the realistic ones might prove to daunting, instead I'd pick maybe Tie fighter, X-wing Alliance, or anything in that series; they're action packed and an easy learning curve.

#4 super_nerd

super_nerd

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:21 AM

Shiiizle boxcutter, beat me to the punch. X-wing vs. Tie-Fighter mangs and X-wing Alliance...and Nancy Drew. It's all about the old skewl "I'm gonna blow u bitches up in my advanced tie fighter".

#5 kPod

kPod

.hack//ADDICTION

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:24 AM

Let's not forget the freeware FlightSim that is FlightGear. : D

And for reference, the other older game I've been playing is Commanche GOLD.

Posted Image

Posted Image

UK Gamer
and Proud of it!

#6 UltimoRey

UltimoRey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

If the keys can be programed I would use the Pro Gamer Control Unit to get back in to CoH.
I also wanted to say this was my first foreplay experience and I really liked it.
Posted Image

#7 RichMeisterMan

RichMeisterMan

Umbrella Executive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:30 AM

I'll be honest. If I get it I'll sell it so that I could buy some books for school.

#8 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

IL-2 Sturmovik, the god of combat flight sims. I'd probably just plat that all day.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 01:42 PM

people should start out with adventure games. either the classics like the King's Quest series or the newer ones like the 3D Sam & Max games. adventure games have great writing, good stories and fun puzzles to solve. adventure games got me into PC games more than anything else so it's a nice way for people to get into PC gaming without the complexity of sims/FPS games or the commitment of MMO games. ^.^
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#10 ScottG13

ScottG13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:51 PM

If I was new to PC gaming, the X-Wing Triliogy is the series I would need to play. Easily the best gaming experience to be had in the Star Wars universe. Tie Fighter hits a particular high note as you fight for the Empire against rebels and traitors alike.
Posted Image

#11 kPod

kPod

.hack//ADDICTION

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 03:05 PM

If the keys can be programed I would use the Pro Gamer Control Unit to get back in to CoH.
I also wanted to say this was my first foreplay experience and I really liked it.

The keys can be programmed entirely, and you can either load them as a game's 'profile', or you can set it into one of the three profiles that are activated by a position on the MODE switch. It has dedicated modes for FPS and RTS, but that's just default.

You have all those buttons (20 I think) plus the one that sits under your palm. Think of that as a shift key. Hit that and hold it while pressing another button, and it has a separate function which you can again program to a certain command.

Posted Image

Posted Image

UK Gamer
and Proud of it!

#12 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:51 PM

I have a copy of IL-2 that's been gathering dust while I wait to find a proper afforadable flight stick to play it with. I believe this might fit that bill.

#13 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

I would play Solitare and Bejeweled 2 on it. I'd be hardcore.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#14 Prowl

Prowl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:20 PM

I started playing because I was in the beta and I got a cool userrname ;) My first name.... I don't play anymore cause well, no time to commit to one game
Xbox Gamertag: Prowl

PSN Network ID: Prowl

#15 the_deliverator

the_deliverator

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:21 PM

I would rig it to play some Counter Strike Source. Would be in tents!
I just bought Flight Sim X for my father. He'd probably get a lot of use out of it.

#16 CapnSabertooth

CapnSabertooth

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:36 PM

This set is perfect for Battlefield 2/2142. While some people claim that you can fly with mouse, the only proper way is with a joystick.

#17 juvo

juvo

Less affluent audience

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:43 PM

I bought a new beefy PC for "work" purposes with end of the year money. I have not played PC games since Starcraft and Quake II first came out but have been wanting to start up again. The suave joystick and control unit would be a pretty good incentive. I have no clue which games I would start with, but it would most certainly get used.

#18 StinkyCheese

StinkyCheese

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

I'd use it for the ton of PC games I bought this month. please!...

#19 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

use several emulators and play different verisons of Sega's Space Harrier (and After Burner and Galaxy Force II). What old school goodness and great memories that game gave me at the old Showcase Cinimas on Bardstown Rd. back in the day. I'm sure that old sitdown machine is scrapped and the Showcase is sold, but man, the memories will last forever!

#20 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 07:42 PM

I would use it for IL2-Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, BF2, and BF2142.

#21 ironmouse

ironmouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:17 PM

I'd love to get back into flight sims with this, especially microsoft flight sim X

#22 SnotRocket

SnotRocket

$20? To much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

Using the joystick to play BF2 would help someone feel more in control of flying a plane or helicopter, or at least would help me feel more in control :D

#23 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

I'd use it for flight simulator X. it would be my start into PC Gaming
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#24 OpSteel

OpSteel

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:28 PM

That would rock for Bf2/2142.

Pick me pick me

#25 SilveRaven

SilveRaven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:47 PM

I would definitely have to go for X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter (which is much better than Nancy Drew ;) ) lol using the joystick.

I have been looking for a pad though for use with WoW and other things where it would be nice to have extra keys that are not on the regular keyboard.

Thanks for keeping me up to date on new games.

#26 V Illuminati V

V Illuminati V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

I would use if for X-Wing Triliogy I guess becaue someone recommended that for newbies and I'm pretty new to PC gaming

#27 Bartex

Bartex

chuf it out?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

I would use it for X-Plane!

Lag is free on PSN ...you have to pay for it on XBL

#28 MrJymm

MrJymm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:28 AM

I can't believe no one has mentioned the MechWarrior series. I would love to go back to those again with a solid joystick.

#29 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

I think this joystick would make me a Peggle Master!!!!!

Which I would not have known about had it not been for your podcast. My wife is now hooked on the show too!! She takes notes about the games you give favorable reviews so we can check for demos and see if its something we would like.
If its free, its for me!!

#30 primedrctv

primedrctv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:54 AM

would enable me the guts to actually play IL-2 Sturmovik. I have been to daunted to play without the proper equipment. Shame really, I could see falling in love.