Contest (CAG Foreplay #30): Win Super Mario Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #30, CAG Briaooon9 was kind enough to donate Super Mario Galaxy as a prize for the Child's Play Raffle. Since I was the winner of that prize, we have decided to give it away to a listener.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay.

Good luck everyone and thanks again, Briaooon9!

I'd like to see a ninja mushroom. Yes, the whole ninja thing is a bit played out, but consider the possibilities. Mario would run faster, maybe pull off some cool double jump ability, and (best of all) the ability to be stealth and blend into the surrounding level so baddies will pass you by and set you up for a stealth head stomp.

Technologically Advanced/ Evolved Mushroom
Gives mario telekenesis and the power to teleport short distances. Oh yeah. And also a future suit that you can fully customize

Mecha-Mushroom - Mario and baddies grow giant ala Spectre Man or Ultra Man. You get to duke it out with cheesy music, fake fighting moves, and fricken' lasers!

Definitely some kind of Middle Management 'shroom. Mario would put on a suit and tie... oh! and a briefcase! Mario could also throw paper clips and pens at enemies doing HUGE damage. Maybe some kind of Stapler attack as well?

And as a bonus he would randomly spew out Office Space Quotes... "Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports."

Rubber Mushroom.

Mario's arms and body could stretch for attacks and also for higher jumps. Think of the possibilities. Rubber Mushroom.

Cell Phone Radiation Mushroom

For a short time, Mario uses a cell phone and the radiation output from it in order to damage his enemies and rack up a giant bill to slap the last enemy in the face with.

Is it me, or has there not been some sort of plumbing-related mushroom in any of the games? I would go with something like a Plunger Mushroom, where he can use plungers for various purposes.

I've never cared for swimming underwater in the Mario Games. I think some kind of blooper/cheep cheep suit/mushroom where you have a lot more freedom of movement in the water would be nice.

Loch Ness Mushroom --- Mario turns into that big purple Loch Ness creature from NSMB (and also Mario 64?). Would make for an entertaining swim level. And he could eat the manta rays from SMG (I hated racing those).

Jack Thompson mushroom.

Mario stops moving entirely, refusing to participate in a video game. Number of on-screen enemies increases dramatically.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I've never cared for swimming underwater in the Mario Games. I think some kind of blooper/cheep cheep suit/mushroom where you have a lot more freedom of movement in the water would be nice.[/quote]
you mean like the frog suit in SMB3??

I'd say it would be cool to have a bullet bill mushroom where, when you get the suit, you can run and hit a button and you turn into a shooting bullet bill. You can hit characters as you are bullet bill, you can also enter the bullet bill shooters, where you can access little bonus levels for bullet bills...

I was thinking along the same lines, but with the babomb. You walk precariously and wobbly, having to make it to a marked pad without enemy contact. The pad is next to a destructable environment or used just to take out a mass of enemies.

Going with an actual mushroom, the oyster mushroom. Eat it to turn into a shell fish to navigate through water. Figures fits well with the theme of the "nautical" show this week too.

Swap Mushroom.

Switches Mario and Peach. Then Mario will send you all those damn annoying letters, all sealed w/ a kiss from his chappy lips. o_O

Horny green and red mushroom.

Where a horny devil suited Mario can dry hump enemies to death-
"Just let it happen goomba."

He's always looked like Ron Jermey and he's a fucking plumber! TIME TO LAY SOME PIPE, MAN!

hallucinogenic mushroom
Warps Mario into another (trippier, if that's possible) world where he plays mario party type games like zombie baseball and iron chef.

Basketball Mushroom- Mario turns into a basketball and dribbles his way past the opponents for the dunk(which wipes out his enemies and leaves them crashing on the floor)

hmmm i would like a capsule mushroom.
it turns mario into dr. mario and then he can throw different type of capsules to enemies(i.e. poison, heal,grow big, small, throw other power ups, etc). It would give him a cool outfit and maybe he can whack enemies with his stethoscope. hehehe

Dilbert shroom - become a random member of the Dilbert cast - Dogbert talks all the enemies into giving you their hard earned coins - PHB(pointy-haired Boss) Confuses enemies by giving the directions that directly oppose on another (enemy spins around in a circle) - Catbert creative use HR law sucks the soul/will to live out of enemies -Dilbert dresses Mario up as Dilbert with no real advantages except for being able to call upon Bob the Dinosaur to kick some Goomba ass

Though I do like Wombat's idea of the LawSuit (every time you get hit by an enemy they freeze in place as they are forced to respond to your suit for battery) I'd going to go with some sort of plant suit - with growing when in water, maybe some extendable vines being used for swinging like in Prince of Persia 3. Perhaps some sort of wall climbing ability too.

Sell Out Mushroom - when you get the mushroom, a new set of in game ads loads in and fall out boy starts playing. all enemies then run and hide to avoid the terrible situation and mario has an unchallenged sprint to the end of the level. however, he must move quickly because the poisonous audio starts draining mario's life.

Money Mushroom - Mario wearing a suit with $ signs, throwing dollar bills or coins at enemies to bribe them to fight for you.

Slime Mushroom-

I'm going to go with "Slime Mushroom". This mushroom will be represented with a mushroom covered by a slightly transparent green slme encasing it. Now, this mushroom is going to have a positive effect and a negative effect.

Mario will be given the ability to 'slide' along the level, crashing into enemies and killing them. He will slide at a fast rate of speed. However, the controls will be loose and he will be in danger of sliding too far and making slippery stops. Also, it takes a while for him to get started moving.

Visually, Mario will apper to be made completely out of the transparent slime, with colored tints for his shirt, hat, and overalls. As he slides, droplets of Mario will peel off and fly behind him.

And, as a bonus effect, crashing into a wall going the sliding terminal speed can cause Mario to slam into many droplets of slime which drop into a puddle and reform as Slime Mario, so he can continue along the board.

Cyclone suit. Mario spins and sends a cyclone in whatever direction he was facining. It could be used to attack enimies or move objects for puzzles. It could lift objects and also push them aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back