Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#1591 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

I can't vouch for AmiAmi, however Hobbysearch has Yuri for 340 yen more and I can definitely vouch for them.

Not sure if that helps though
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1592 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

I ended up picking up that Action Replay DS at Blockbuster for $30. At Game Centre they had Pokemon Emerald for $59.99! It was in the box but not sealed or anything, WTF? I was gonna ask if that was a joke but the guy was busy.

#1593 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:48 PM

I can't vouch for AmiAmi, however Hobbysearch has Yuri for 340 yen more and I can definitely vouch for them.

Not sure if that helps though

It helps. HS another place I was considering ordering from. I'll just look up a bit more info about each one on the net and then make my decision. Thanks! :D
Posted Image

#1594 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:01 AM

It helps. HS another place I was considering ordering from. I'll just look up a bit more info about each one on the net and then make my decision. Thanks! :D

You also get points for each order at HS that can be used to discount your next order, every little bit helps :)
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1595 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

The points system looks like a good idea. In my case, even if I applied the points I would have gotten for Yuri towards the second figure that I want to preorder, it would still be more expensive at HS. From what I can tell, AmiAmi seems to be cheaper overall if you're only buying a few figures. I think.

Anyway, I'll change from Play-asia to AmiAmi (although the biggest downfall is that you can't cancel your order once you've placed it, but I know I want him 100% so no issues there) for Yuri, and probably use HS for any future pruchases.

Thanks for all the input! This new world I've found is going to make my wallet cry.

Posted Image

#1596 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

Let me know how it goes, maybe I'll end up using AmiAmi in the future :)
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1597 NaturalHatTrick

NaturalHatTrick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

On amazon.ca marketplace, I used to be able to see the condition of a listed item, like, say, disc only, damaged label, cracked case, etc., what they would call the "seller's note". Now the seller's note is gone, all I can see used - great/good/acceptable condition.

So if I were to buy something, there's no way to know if I'm getting a complete or partial copy anymore?
1 petit, 2 petits, 3 petits Indiens...

#1598 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Video gaming since 1978

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

Are any of you guys aware that the stores haven't been getting any PSN Cards? I wanted to buy one today at EB so I could buy Press Your Luck and Motor Toon Grand Prix and the guy said they haven't had any cards in a month and aren't going to get any until September 9 or something. He didn't know why they stopped shipping them. He said it might have to do with the new SKUs or possibly the cards not working with the new firmware.

brighat2007.png

#1599 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:56 PM

Yeah, 'bout a week back I went to rent GOWIII at Blockbuster, and was planning on getting $20 card. Guy only had $50 cards left. He said he got a notice from Sony that they weren't going to get any cards until a couple of weeks into September. Something about people buying up the $20 cards for the new MW2 map packs.

I went to Wal-mart after to get Heavy Rain for $30, and they only had $50 cards there aswell.

Anyways, I found a bunch at my nearest 7 Eleven. That's probably your best bet I'd say.

#1600 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Video gaming since 1978

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

@VetraX

Not for me. 7-11 pulled out of the Ottawa market this year and their stores are now Quickies. Well, maybe the Quickies will have them or even Microplay. I really want to play Press Your Luck. I loved that game when it was on T.V. in the 1980's and when they aired it on GSN.

EDIT: Future Shop had a whole bunch of them.

Edited by lustyhitter, 25 August 2010 - 01:28 AM.

brighat2007.png

#1601 gsrce

gsrce

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:27 AM

@VetraX

Not for me. 7-11 pulled out of the Ottawa market this year and their stores are now Quickies. Well, maybe the Quickies will have them or even Microplay. I really want to play Press Your Luck. I loved that game when it was on T.V. in the 1980's and when they aired it on GSN.

EDIT: Future Shop had a whole bunch of them.

Wow, this is only one of many reasons to want to get out of Ottawa.

I completely missed that this happened. (7-11 closing in Ottawa)

#1602 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:03 PM

For points cards your best bet is to wait for a FS/BB 'special' sale where they are 10%-20% off. Fable II has been on sale periodically, but I can't recall it being cheaper than $19.99.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#1603 lustyhitter

lustyhitter

Video gaming since 1978

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

Wow, this is only one of many reasons to want to get out of Ottawa.

I completely missed that this happened. (7-11 closing in Ottawa)

Yeah, me too. I want out of this minor league city. This place is only fun if you're rich. There's nothing here for the poor to enjoy.

brighat2007.png

#1604 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

How the blazes do you people pay for things online up here? It's the most frustrating thing on earth all my accounts were created in the US and they worked fine down there but up here i can't change the addresses to anything Canadian. It's driving me crazy.

Let me start with something simple. Ebay. I'm trying to buy something on Ebay. managed to login to Ebay.ca and got my Can addy on there but then I have to pay.. with paypal.. and i can't figure out how to add a bloody Candian address.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1605 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:23 AM

isnt that a paypal issue? are you using the same account you used that has an american address?

#1606 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:27 PM

Anyone know where I could get FIFA 11 early? I see some places already have it in stock, just won't sell it.

I live in Calgary BTW.

#1607 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

isnt that a paypal issue? are you using the same account you used that has an american address?

yeah I'm using my same account and I can't figure out how to add a Canadian address. there'sno province option. I've tried logging in thru paypal.ca but it looks exactly the same.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1608 Teddite

Teddite

Name's Ash. Housewares.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

If you can't find any option to use a Canadian address you may need to contact their staff. Though, the staff might just tell you to make a new account.

#1609 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:30 AM

ugh.. contacting an internet company. such a pain i anticipate.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1610 helluvagood

helluvagood

HURRICANE VENUS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:15 AM

I use paypal, but have always lived in Canada, sorry can't help you there =S
Posted Image

#1611 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:57 AM

hey the fact that paypal will indeed accept Can addresses that's more information than i was able to verify.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1612 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

Just wondering what my best option would be if I was to buy the 250GB slim Xbox 360? Looks like it's $300 everywhere. Any suggestions would be really appreciated, thanks.

#1613 TripleQ

TripleQ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:17 PM

Wait a bit? The new slims (esp the 4GB) seem to be discounted or bundled with games quite a bit so they're probably relatively high margin.. meaning there is room for more bundles/discounts in the near future.

#1614 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

I noticed you get 2 games with the 250GB at Futureshop, but they're games I have no interest in or already own for PS3. Guess I'll wait and see if something appealing comes up. Thanks.

76561197996799113.png

#1615 kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:08 AM

hey the fact that paypal will indeed accept Can addresses that's more information than i was able to verify.

do you have a canadian bank account to use?

also i always use pp.COM anyway

what's in your 'add funds page'?
from bank account in canada - 6-8days
from bank account in usa - 3-5days

& the 'add bank account' page, should be a dropdown where you pick usa or canada

doesnt seem like there should be any issue... unless you're missing things due to the american address the account was created with?

i could ask american friends if they can add canadian stuff

#1616 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

yeah i have accounts on both ends of the border. it's looking like I may have to create a whole new paypal account which is insane to me but if it gets the job done I guess I'll do it.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1617 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:52 PM

yeah i have accounts on both ends of the border. it's looking like I may have to create a whole new paypal account which is insane to me but if it gets the job done I guess I'll do it.

Did you just move to Toronto too?

I'm having the same problems as you. I have a Paypal(.COM) balance and wanted to use it to buy something from a US company. The company shipped to Canada, no problem, but I couldn't get Paypal to indicate that the shipment should go to a Canadian address.

Paypal seems to frown upon multiple accounts for the same person, so I've been hesitant to open a CA account since I don't want my balance locked.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#1618 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

yeah I kinda moved here and buying stuff online has been a pain in the neck the entire two years. luckily I could use the paypal plugin for virtual CCs but now that that's gone. I'm running out of options. I really need to get a real CC and that'd take care of 90% of this.

Currently Playing
Posted Image
Spoiler

#1619 game_fanatic

game_fanatic

I Heart Ribs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:51 PM

Hey guys, I just received a shipping notice from FedEx saying I owe them $18 for duties. The only thing I can think of that I would owe duties on would be a) A Blizzard CD Box Set that I ordered yesterday, b) a game from Goozex, or c) a stand from DealExtreme.

I'm leaning towards C, but I'm not sure why I would be charge $18 in duty for a $4.50 item? Any thoughts?
Posted Image

Posted Image
Looking for Trade-in Values?

#1620 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:47 PM

They probably have a really high brokerage fee.