Canadian Questions & Answers Thread

• Please log in to reply
2065 replies to this topic

#1951 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:52 AM

Goomba, I just placed and order for $46.94 (PayPal ID #96K84203RN717015D) but I never received a confirmation receipt from GFC like I usually do. I just want to make sure that the order was received properly.

#1952 goomba478

goomba478

Canada's Amerifriend ^_^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

J-P, wrong thread :) I'll check it out for you though when I get back to the office later. Thanks!

#1953 J-P

J-P

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

J-P, wrong thread :) I'll check it out for you though when I get back to the office later. Thanks!

LOL, yeah I just realized that. Thanks :)

#1954 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

Do 3DS games ever go on sale ?

#1955 Wikkidkarma

Wikkidkarma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

Do 3DS games ever go on sale ?

Yes. Some of them have even already had price drops.

#1956 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Here are some 3DS price drops:

Ghost Recon: 29.99 (most places)
SSIV: 29.99 (Best Buy, Future Shop, Gamestop)
Pac Man/Galaga: 29.99 (Gamestop)
Lego Star Wars III: 19.99 (should be everywhere)
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: 19.99 (Gamestop)
Steel Diver: 19.99 (Best Buy)
Cubic Ninja: 19.99 (Best Buy)
Bust a Move: 19.99 (BB, FS, Gamestop)
Dream Trigger: 14.99 (Best Buy)
Asphalt: 9.99 (Gamestop)

This isn't even all of them.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#1957 afterburn999

afterburn999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

How bout Nintendo first party games like Starfox ?

#1958 snuter

snuter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

How bout Nintendo first party games like Starfox ?

Steel Diver is a Nintendo First Party game. I think it was $9.99 a couple of weeks ago at EB games. I also saw Nintendogs and Cats for $20 and Pliotwings resort for $20.

I have not seen any sales on Starfox yet (or any of Nintendo's bigger first party games like Zelda OoT, Super Mario 3d, Mario kart 7, etc.)

For any future 3DS releases, bestbuy normally offers 5-10$ off when you pre-order in the form of reward zone certificates, which is about 25% off at launch.
Posted Image

#1959 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:11 PM

Has anyone, or does anyone know if walmart is doing in-store preorders for the Vita First edition bundle? I have no BB or FS nearby, and if I were to order online it would most likely get to me by the actual release date (defeating the purpose of an early release).
Posted Image

#1960 ShocWave

ShocWave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:00 AM

Did EB stop loading trade in credits on the EDGE card?
I went to trade in a game last week, and the clerk said they got in trouble with the law for avoiding tax, and that only gift cards are used now.

#1961 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

Yep, so no more "tax free" credit purchases. Every purchase is taxed now, even ones bought with trade in credit.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#1962 poiuiu

poiuiu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

It was inevitable, as I had experienced preordering two copies of Xenoblade last weekend. Why cover the taxes yourself when EB could charge tax on top of the tiv spent like what Futureshop and BestBuy does and Blockbuster did. This move pretty much makes buying virtual money the best option in terms of getting rid of low value trade ins.

#1963 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:28 PM

Does anyone know if they sell iTunes cards at EB Games? They don't have em on their website. I have a $30 EB gift card and can't find any use for it since they have the worst prices on new games.

#1964 OmegaChaos

OmegaChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

Does anyone know if they sell iTunes cards at EB Games? They don't have em on their website. I have a $30 EB gift card and can't find any use for it since they have the worst prices on new games.

I went to EB today, and they had some 10-30$ iTunes cards.

Does anyone know which Final Fantasy I should start with between 7 & 9?

#1965 Derfel

Derfel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

Does anyone know which Final Fantasy I should start with between 7 & 9?

Play 7 first. Then play the one that's actually good, 9. This way you won't be disappointed by going from a great game to a mediocre one. ;)
Posted Image

#1966 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

Seven has historical merit, some good minigames, and some well-written parts.

Nine has a really strong opening and a neat aesthetic.

Both have aged terribly.

Posted Image

#1967 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:19 AM

I went to EB today, and they had some 10-30$ iTunes cards.

That's greeaaat, thanks!

#1968 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Tales of the Abyss is coming out tomorrow, but I want to buy it right away. I have it preordered at EB Games and Amazon.ca as a backup, and now the order says shipping soon, but I've confirmed TotA is already at a store where I can easily pick it up tomorrow as soon as they open.

Since it's shipping soon Amazon won't let me cancel the order, could I just play the copy I buy at EB Games but return my Amazon copy to EB? Or is that considered ethically wrong (of course the Amazon copy will stay sealed and be in new condition).

Posted Image

#1969 retro.elite

retro.elite

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

I don't see anything wrong with that. I returned FFXIII-2 collectors edition to EB that was shipped from FS. EB will ask for photo id when you do a return, just in case the TotA turns out to be a block of clay or something. There is a chance that your amazon package might arrive before your EB opens.

Posted Image

#1970 TronB

TronB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ok thanks, so I'll go ahead then. I find that with my Amazon orders, I've been receiving them much later in the afternoon, sometimes even close to 6pm. I'd rather just pick up Abyss on the way to school since I doubt it'll arrive before 10am anyway.
Posted Image

#1971 Faytz

Faytz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

Never mind solved it myself.

Edited by Faytz, 14 February 2012 - 01:01 AM.

#1972 steeltekki

steeltekki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:19 AM

I'm looking for an Uncharted 3 limited edition but not looking to pay the 99 price tag.
I found one at a local Source but it was beat up pretty bad and also still at the 99 price point.
Anyone have any leads?
(I'm in Calgary)

#1973 steeltekki

steeltekki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:58 AM

Bump

#1974 Jamaal23

Jamaal23

Cereal killer.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Can you select ISPU when making a pre-order at BB.ca? I don't see that option available to me when filling out the pre-order. Online shipments always get to me 2-3 days after release date...

Secondly, is BB's 800 RZ points ($10) the best deal out there on SSX (PS3) without having to trade? Don't think any of the games I have would work for T2+$10 at EB Games.

Thanks.

Edit: Figured I'd put this here since it'd get seen. Also have a 25% off coupon code for your next Origin purchase. If you use Origin, just let me know and I'll PM you the code. Expires March 22-23ish.

#1975 Cthulhu8u

Cthulhu8u

That Innsmouth look

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

No the $5 off on a preorder works only for online orders, no ISPU is available unfortunately.
I just ordered Syndicate on the weekend to get the $5 off, and it got to me two days after release. Slow shipping is the price we pay for getting it for $5 less :-(

Can you select ISPU when making a pre-order at BB.ca? I don't see that option available to me when filling out the pre-order. Online shipments always get to me 2-3 days after release date...

Posted Image

#1976 Jamaal23

Jamaal23

Cereal killer.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:40 PM

No the $5 off on a preorder works only for online orders, no ISPU is available unfortunately.
I just ordered Syndicate on the weekend to get the $5 off, and it got to me two days after release. Slow shipping is the price we pay for getting it for $5 less :-(

Thanks for the confirmation. Yeah, SSX is one of the games that gets the 800 RZ points. Guess I'll pre-order online to get the deal and maybe pick up a copy in-store and return the online store copy later.

#1977 measureless

measureless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hrm, here's a question I can't seem to get straight answer on:

Can we buy direct download content from Amazon in Canada? Has anyone managed it? I seem to remember having to have an American address attached not just to your Amazon account but to your credit card as well?

It's kind of ridiculous, really, seeing that every other PCDD retailer treats NA as one region. But then what do I know about the intricacies of selling digital content across borders?

Posted Image

#1978 Icetron

Icetron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Is it just me or is ebgames.ca really really bad?

I put the wrong expiry date on my CC and I can't even edit it. I changed it in my account but I cannot update it FOR the order.

#1979 MrGone

MrGone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hey, are any of you folks still doing the Live Rewards thing? There was a promotion in January that was supposed to net 800 points for a 12-month Live renewal, which I did, but I can't find any mention of it in my Rewards statement. Are long delays on processing these deals standard?

Edited by MrGone, 01 March 2012 - 08:50 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1980 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:41 AM

Anyone know where I can get a new wired 360 controller for $30? Best I can find is on Newegg.ca for $40 with free shipping. Seems like all the deals are for the wireless one, I want wired for playing PC games. The US gets such good prices, Amazon.com has them for $30 but I won't be making a trip to the states any time soon.