Contest (CAG Foreplay #35): Win Shadow of the Colossus w/ Strategy Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
As detailed in CAG Foreplay Podcast #35, CAG "the ender" was kind enough to donate a used, but mint non-Greatest Hit copy of Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2 with the strategy guide.

Listen to the show for details on how to win (or just copy the trend that you see forming of those that actually listened)! Winner will be announced on the next CAG Foreplay. One winner will receive all three items.

Good luck everyone and thanks again, the ender!

Rock Band.

She wont play anything else.

Despite my constant attempts she finds them "boring".

It might be time for another "accident".

EDIT: I kid, I kid.

Hmmm, I guess the first one was the American Idol game for the PS2, and of course she had to have the new AI: Encore thing they just came out with for the 360... I liked it when I got her hooked on Viva Pinata, it was a lot better than listening to all the singing.

Guitar Hero 1 would be the first one we played together. It was a funny night.

But we also played DDR, GH2, and Street Fighter before we broke up.

Mario Kart Double Dash, but it gave her motion sickness. She hasn't played anything since. She has talked about, possibly, playing Animal Crossing (GC), but it hasn't happened yet.

Almost all the mini game collections on the Wii (sports, wario, wii play, rabbids, smarty pants, etc...). Other than that, GH2 and Singstar (whenever it comes out here)...

Other than that, anything related to videogames is evil!! hehehe.

My SO is a gamer so we play many games together. I like playing RPGs together (too bad there are more good co-op RPGs)

Carcassonne, Lumines, Tetris, Bust-a-move. Co-op is any 2 player action RPG that allows her to take a support role (ie Dark Alliance, D&D Heroes). Anything 1st/3rd person makes her nauseous so I couldn't convince her to be Kane to my Lynch. Too human might be interesting if it has local spliscreen co-op.

She'll pretty much try anything co-op once, but we prefer competitive stuff as I don't let her win. Puzzle games are usually the safest bet though since she kicks my ass. I keep wanting to buy PixelJunk Monsters, she'd like that.

We really got into Baldur's Gate! We love two player co-op action style rpg's and wish there were more of them! Lately, it's been Arkadian Warriors and American Idol. We also loved the Ratchet and Clank series, played all of them together, taking turns passing the controller. It worked well because we were both good at different tasks!

Can't wait till tomorrow as there is a new one coming out on Live that we will hopefully be able to play together!

The first game my girlfriend and I played together was Tony Hawk's Underground for the Gamecube, in which she promptly schooled me in every mode. She also really likes dungeon crawlers like Champions of Norrath, and we enjoy going at it in Bomberman.

I'm really hoping that she'll get into Brawl, since it has the Subspace Emissary co-op adventure mode that we can play together, and it has Sonic, one of her favorite video game characters.

Bubble bobble! No I haven't been with her thatt long, but it was a game she remembered when she was a kid and I LOVE the game.

Now we play Rock band! I like playing with her so she won't yell at me and I can still play games :D

Mario Party 8 was the only game I have gotten my significant other to play, but it was short lived.

I do not have a girlfriend because for some reason, none of them will attempt to communicate with me, or return any communicatiuon with me, the dark lord of nerds. I would like to play any game at all with a significant other, just because that would mean that she would accept me for who and what I am.

I cannot remember our first game together, for she was a gamer long before we met. We do have fond memories of X-Men Legends. She is primarily into RPGs (read as single-player), so finding a co-op alternative was a great score.

the first one we played together is street fighter 2 on the snes.

we are playing a lot of the casual wii games, phoenix wright, and professor layton.

one game that i would never play with her again is world of warcraft. its just too frustrating.

She doesn't like any games where you need to hit a lot of buttons. The only game I've caught her playing when I come home is Katamari Damacy or a Wii-ware version of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Mostly, though, she just complains when I don't set the input on our TV back to cable after I'm done gaming as the remote sometimes gives her problems.

I played hundreds of hours of Phantasy Star Online co-op with my fiancé. We played that game so much, it's insane! We LOVED the splitscreen! So when Phantasy Star Universe came, we had two xbox 360's ready, 2 TVs, two copies of Phantasy Star universe and two PSU subscribsions ready. Imagine how sad we were when the game didn't live up to our expectations!

Lately we have been playing Pixel Junk Monsters togheter, and we love it.

edit: is this really my first post? I joined in September, but I don't think I've ever posted. PS. I love your podcasts!

Well, if I had a girl friend then I suppose something like Zack and Wiki where you can both work together to figure out those puzzles, plus it is funny and has a cool visual style apealing to everyone(or so I assume). Either that or Mercenaries because you can easily take turns messing around in that world, blowing cars sky high.

my wife loves to play tetris ds vs me. it was the main reason we bought a second ds. she also liked playing planet puzzle league and maio kart double dash vs me. but i got so much better then her that it stopped being fun. there was also a vs mode on lemmings for the snes that we both played quite a bit. but she got tired of me sending my lemmings over to her side to ruin her progress.

I try to get my husband involved in console games, but he generally ends up getting frustrated. I *was* able to get him hooked on Burnout Paradise. We'd take turns driving. Occassionally I can get him to play bass on Rock Band. He liked Wii Bowling until I started beating him at it :p He'll play trivia sorts of things, as well... like Jeopardy.

Mostly he sticks to his computer games, though. We used to MMO together... Earth and Beyond and Star Wars Galaxies.

The first game I can remember playing together was probably Neverhood or perhaps Grim Fandango.

The only game she's played recently was Lego Star Wars and that didn't last vary long anyway :(

Super Mario Bros 3, Tetris, Wheel of Fortune and Guitar Hero II and III are what we play together most often. First game would have been SMB3, I'm sure.

The first game we played together was Zelda, But she mostly just loves watching it. Game we play most often is Harvest moon as it is her favorite.

Believe it or not, it's Chocobo dungeon on PS1 that she digs..yeah, it's a long long time ago..
and we broke up soon after because she is seeing someone else on the side.. I blame it on the stupid chocobo..

Wii sports, which everyone I know likes. And any singing game under the sun, Rock band at my friends house because only girls are willing to take a swing at the mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back