Contest (CAG Foreplay #35): Win Shadow of the Colossus w/ Strategy Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we were dating, my wife really enjoyed watching me play Banjo-Kazooie (for some reason). After we got hitched, I can't think of much we played together until I picked up a Wii. (The Guitar Hero thing didn't work as well as I'd hoped.) So Wii Sports Bowling was, and is, "our game."

Mario cart, Bubble Bobble, I got her to play silent hill 3 after I unlocked the infinite ammo. DDR. Karaoke revolution.

She's for anything Wii it seems like. Biased against anything else, even Guitar Hero and DDR. Tried Puzzle Bobble too.

Katamari Damaci ... It's hands down her thing now. I was a bit dissapointed that my 360 red ringed on beautiful katamari the day we got it. She's currently giving City of Villains a try o_O

My girlfriend loves to play Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge with me. She gets some kind of wicked thrill in running me off the road. Rawr! :)

First game together: Super Mario 64... taking turns, of course.
Now: GHIII

Though now, it's all about the co-op with my kids. Any game, all the time.

The first time my SO brought me home to meet her parents, we played a LAN game of Unreal Tournament with her brother and her dad. You don't meet many girls like that. So I married her.

We still play games together even now, almost six years later. Rock Band is our current obsession, though Lego Star Wars gets a good run as well.

MY SO loves the Grand theft Auto games lol, other than that she used to play alot of Animal Crossing on the GC and some of the sonic games from the Sonic Mega collection other then that she used to watch me play FFX and the ending made her cry lol.

Had I a girlfriend, I'd love to play MMOs with her. Static parties FTW.

But, all my experience with actual girls as opposed to dream girls indicates that the best games to play with non-gaming girls are artsy games like Shadow of the Collossus (hey!) and Katamari. Also, Galaga (?!). Oh, and my ex stole my 360 to play Viva Pinata for weeks. So no viva pinata. ever again.

Ex-girlfriend #1: Dr. Mario
Ex-girlfriend #2: Donkey Konga (and occassionally Bust A Move Dreamcast)
Current Girlfriend: Rock Band (We mix in Carcassone at times)

The first game I ever played with a girlfriend was Bubble Bobble (a word to the wise, women love Bubble Bobble)
The most recent game I played with my current GF was Jet Set Radio Future, which she loved until I let slip that I had played it with one of my previous girlfriends. Now she won't even touch the XBox.

I have tried to get my wife to play many types of different video games but the only ones that ever work out are Co-Op and they can't involve 3D movement. She does like gaming but just a subset of the genres available.

Our most recent hit has been PixelJunk Monsters for the PS3 which offers 2 player Co-Op and actually requires some nice cooperation. I was surprised that my wife actually got into this game. She was very hesitant at first but then she got hooked.

We have been playing the Guitar Hero series for a few years now and we also have Rock Band.

She likes to play my DS, but the only game I can get her to play with me is Mario Kart DD and Mario Party on the GCN.

First game was either Mario Kart Double Dash or Super Dodge Ball (NES). Now she plays a few games like Katamari, GH, and Peggle. She started FFX, and I know she started Okami too. She claims she beat, but last I heard was when she was 10 hours in. I have my doubts.

Clock Tower 1 and 2. I think it has something to do with there really aren't any attacks or lots of button combinations. Just run away a lot.

First game we ever played together was Need for Speed 3 online, had to dial her computer long distance to play.

We love Mario Kart Double Dash, I drive and she controls the items, never swap positions.

Lately we've been going through the Halo 3 Co-op campaign.

(We've also been know to play arcade DDR, I play 6-8 footers and she can do anything on easy. She cant do the harder stuff but I cant beat her accuracy on easy.)

Well, I don't have a significant other... but if I did:

1. Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Wii)
2. (If she was REALLY cool) Army of Two (PS3)

The first game the GF and I ever played together was probably the original Lego Star Wars for the original Xbox. We've since had fun playing Viva Pinata and LSW2.

I tried to play Trauma Center: New Blood with my gf on the wii but that didn't go too well. Recently I got Super Mario 3 on the VC and she loves that. We switch off lives and levels. Its a lot of fun. I'm hoping that when Mario Kart comes out for the Wii she'll be into it.

Our first game together was Final Fantasy 7, she loved to breed Chocobos and just watching. Also any Zelda game.

My GF isn't really a gamer, but the first (and still most common) game we play together is Wii Sports. We might also fire up Katamari Damacy or Warioware: Smooth Moves occasionally.

I currently don't have a significant other, but games I would like to play would be:
WoW - I think would be great to quest & hang out in the same room. I know its fun when I do that with my friends.
Smash Bros - the game is just good
Mario Party/Monkey Ball - makes great drinking games
Basiclly I just be happy if she just enjoyed video games.

The first game was a Star Wars PC game called Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II that had multiplayer. He brought over his PC and Networked them. I beat him multiple times and he never played the game with me again. I learned an important lesson "let the Man (wookie) win". Now he'll play the DS games with me or an occasional race with Forza which he usually beats me.

When I was playing through Portal for the first time, I remember thinking that it would be an awesome game to play with a SO. Since it isn't much of a hardcore game, I could probably get a non gamer to play. Also, if they get the humor in the game, then it is a pretty good sign that our personalities will work together. Plus, solving puzzles together can be pretty fun.

My wife is strictly a Palm gamer. Every once in a while we will play Bubblet or Yahtzee! by taking turns. (and those were the first)

The first game my girlfriend and I played together was Doom 3, switching on and off on the single-player. Thankfully she's a gamer, so we play tons of stuff together.

Nowadays we play a lot of Rock Band, like it seems the rest of you are.

We've been together for the past 11 years. In ALL this time we have only played two games together. The first, and her favorite, is any flavor or variation of Tetris. The second, and it takes some pushing, is Smash Bros. Melee and hopefully Smash Bros. Brawl this weekend.

On a side note, she will only play as Jigglypuff!!

This is kind of an interesting (sad) story.

I got my PS2 on release day, but since I was just getting back from a business trip from Japan a buddy picked it up. As I didn't have any games that day, my wife (girlfriend then) decided to play some PS1 games. I thought some Need For Speed, Hot Pursuit would be fun.

I popped the game in and we started a race. By the end, my wife turned several shades of green and was sick. That was the first we found out that she can't watch or play many video games. She's fine, but we have found that many games cause her to have a very bad reaction.

As a result, we don't get to play many games together anymore (hence, the sad part).

We do play some Guitar Hero, but my wife really hates Rock Band, so that's about it.

TBW

I'm lucky to have someone that can play Halo with me, Unfortunately shes pretty bad, so we go back to the usual Rock band, GH, or a selection of Wii games. She has tried Steel Batalion, I dont care how terribly she played, I was proud.

DDR at an Arcade was the first game we played together. I got my but kicked hard core by my wife it wasn't even funny how much I lost by. Since then we usually play a lot of RPG's together (well she plays I'm forced to watch) such as Enchanted Arms, KotoR, Oblivion, and Blue Dragon. Other then that its just the typical Guitar Hero and Wii Sports.

O and I almost forgot Celebrity Death match for the PS2, my wife saw it at a Gamestop for like 5 bucks and she wouldn't let us leave without it, the game may not be the best but it's really funny to watch her laugh when those little clay people tear into each other.

The first game I played with my now exgf was Diablo II. I set up a private lan party for two and I would have to say that the most notable moment was when I was going to summon Diablo she was messing around on the pentagram and said "I am Diablo!" at the very moment I summoned him, trust me you had to be there for that one. Was good times.

At any rate, the current game that I would like to play with my next girl would have to be either Rockband, or Pixeljunk Monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back