Photo
- - - - -

CAG Foreplay #37: Needs More Zombies (3/20/08)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:58 AM

I'm interested in playing the SW2: Xtreme Legends, but I'd rather have it as a separate game, such as Empires, rather than an add-on expansion. I despise the fact that they changed the SW2 game on my Achievement list to reflect the new title, even though I never played the new version.

#32 mriswyth

mriswyth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:02 AM

Kudos and thank you to you both for your intelligent use of the pause button for a podcast. Every other podcast that I listen to either keeps tape rolling and doesn't cut it, or spends minutes telling me they are going away and that they are back. Thank you for just using the pause button and not wasting my time letting me know time has passed. I think this is one of the many signs that you both produce a fantastic and entertaining podcast. Thank you!

#33 TomoyoN

TomoyoN

E=mc^2 PV=nRT 360>PS3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:43 AM

Been listening to your podcast for the last couple of months and love it keep up the good work...

On a side note I saw the post on CAG about what you guys look like and I gotta say I totally had a different picture in my head...

My thoughts of Mrs. Shipwreck was close but I thought you were more of a redhead and the only reason I thought this was because you sound just like this girl I used to know and she was a gamer too and I think you guys have the same day job I believe I remember hearing that your a vet... Hmm you didn't go to school in Las Vegas/Henderson area did ya?

As for Shipwreck in my head I keep thinking your John Kransinski. He's that guy from "The Office" and in that new George Clooney movie "Leatherheads". C'mon I can't be the first person to make this comment... Oh well thx for reading and keep up the good work...
Get a FREE 360 Game - http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=234580

Xbox 360 100% Achievement Completions
Retail
-253-
Arcade
-90-

#34 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:46 AM

There actually is a dress-up part of Hot Shots Golf, as you create an avatar for the online portion of the game, so you earn clothing pieces and items as you play through the challenge mode. The online mode, pre-golf, is like a rip-off of Home where you wander around various lobbies on various floors of a clubhouse to chat with others or find games or tournaments to join.

#35 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:16 AM

Great show you two. I also have been having a lot of fun with Carcassonne and wish I had a better deal on MS Pts so that I could feel justified in paying for Catan. I would like to play more board games (even those on XBLA), but my family is very impatient for them. We CAGs should look each other up.

I've been trying to find some decent deals on RB6 Vegas (1st one), since when the sequels for games come out, that's the signal for me to buy the first one at fire sale prices.

As someone who's been a PC gamer since the days of the Tandy 1000, I understand how many in the PC gamer community feel beleaguered. Some have taken it upon themselves to display their indignance for any who they think have slighted PC gaming. Considering this site is obviously console oriented (but not exclusive), I simply find it arrogant for people to get their feathers ruffled over some comments that were ambiguous and in no certain way were belittling PC gaming.

#36 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:35 PM

As someone who's been a PC gamer since the days of the Tandy 1000, I understand how many in the PC gamer community feel beleaguered. Some have taken it upon themselves to display their indignance for any who they think have slighted PC gaming. Considering this site is obviously console oriented (but not exclusive), I simply find it arrogant for people to get their feathers ruffled over some comments that were ambiguous and in no certain way were belittling PC gaming.

The kicker of it all was that I wasn't trying to belittle PC gaming, I was trying to suggest ways to make CAG better for PC gamers. Ship, Mrs. Ship, Wombat, and Cheapy have all said in no uncertain terms that they're not really interested in PC gaming, so asking them to talk more about PC gaming doesn't make a lot of sense. Personally, when ship talked about PC games in this most recent podcast, it kind of felt like he was phoning it in. Part of the fun of this podcast for me is their wittiness, and they didn't really have much to say about PC games.

So I was thinking that if some PC gamers wanted to talk more about PC gaming, maybe people who know more about it could do a podcast related to cheapass PC gaming. And, if that wasn't an option (not everybody has the time to invest to do that kind of thing), then I was also trying to suggest checking out Gamers With Jobs, which has a large PC community. I wasn't trying to suggest that people leave here to go there, just giving other outlets I've found that might be interesting, in addition to CAG. I'm not a PC gamer, and on their podcast they talk a bit about PC gaming, but I still find them (GWJ) interesting.

Alas, this is the internet and what happened happens. It is what it is.

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#37 io

io

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

Tybee, tell her i sent a request. i promise i won't mack on her or make scary voices:)

OK, so what is "macking"? Sorry, I guess I'm too old for this type of lingo ;).

I still need some of the online Carcasonne achievements so anyone wanting to play let me know. I tend to be available late night Pacific time though.

Ships: About Pinball Hall of Fame for the Wii - is this a port of the old PS2/Xbox/GC game or a completely new one? I played that a bit on the PS2 and it was certainly well done but I dismissed this release as just being a port of that. Am I wrong or is it just new to you guys? If it is new, how would you compare it to that title?

#38 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

OK, so what is "macking"? Sorry, I guess I'm too old for this type of lingo ;).

I still need some of the online Carcasonne achievements so anyone wanting to play let me know. I tend to be available late night Pacific time though.

Ships: About Pinball Hall of Fame for the Wii - is this a port of the old PS2/Xbox/GC game or a completely new one? I played that a bit on the PS2 and it was certainly well done but I dismissed this release as just being a port of that. Am I wrong or is it just new to you guys? If it is new, how would you compare it to that title?

This is a new Pinball Hall of Fame featuring Williams tables. The older one that you are thinking about was the Gottlieb collection. I personally never played the Gottlieb version because I'm not familiar with the tables on that game. From what I gather around the web, it seems like the Williams version is overall more polished than the Gottlieb version. The Gottlieb version did come out in Europe for the Wii though, so maybe they port that one over eventually.

And macking = hitting on, putting the moves on, sharing a shake at the local soda fountain ;)
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#39 io

io

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

This is a new Pinball Hall of Fame featuring Williams tables. The older one that you are thinking about was the Gottlieb collection. I personally never played the Gottlieb version because I'm not familiar with the tables on that game. From what I gather around the web, it seems like the Williams version is overall more polished than the Gottlieb version. The Gottlieb version did come out in Europe for the Wii though, so maybe they port that one over eventually.

And macking = hitting on, putting the moves on, sharing a shake at the local soda fountain ;)

Cool, thanks. It is wierd seeing your response here so soon as I'm still listening to your voice coming out of my PC ;). I'll have to keep an eye out for the Pinball game then - at a cheap-ass price of course (yeah, I know it is cheap MSRP, but you know what I mean).

#40 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

Cool, thanks. It is wierd seeing your response here so soon as I'm still listening to your voice coming out of my PC ;). I'll have to keep an eye out for the Pinball game then - at a cheap-ass price of course (yeah, I know it is cheap MSRP, but you know what I mean).

FYE and Target are selling the Wii version for $20 if that helps.
Posted Image

#41 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

shippy, my SSBB friend code, add me yet? :)

2578-2994-4498
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#42 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:33 AM

Do I smell another Monday lie?
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#43 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:49 AM

Do I smell another Monday lie?

No, we recorded tonight. I'm editing the show right now. Show will be out on time.

Recording Monday night = Show out very late Monday or Tuesday morning.
Posted Image

#44 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:09 AM

No, we recorded tonight. I'm editing the show right now. Show will be out on time.

Recording Monday night = Show out very late Monday or Tuesday morning.

Thank God! Such a great show being delayed any is a dagger to our cheap ass hearts! Glad to hear it will be up soon. Thanks!
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!