Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - 19.99 after GGC @ Bestbuy

rebthor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know that this is in the ads thread and is not a killer deal, but thought that it should be broken out in its own thread, especially since there were some people in request a CA deal asking for the lowest price.

Scheduled to be available Thursday.

Don't forget, all the GGC from this past year expire in a few weeks, so if you have any laying around, you should use them soon.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Only if you have run into an employee who will let you use the GGC on a sale item...[/quote]

i've never had a problem using a GGC on a sale item at BB

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Only if you have run into an employee who will let you use the GGC on a sale item...[/quote]

There's nothing in the text of the GGC that says it can't be used on a sale item. Technically, they could say that it's the "can't be combined with another offer" clause in it that's normally reserved for PM + GGC or GGC + 2nd coupon.

It's above $19.99 when you walk in there to get it, so IMHO, they can jam it.

Yea, I also have never had a problem using it on a sale item either. That's about the only time I will use them actually, since even 5 bucks off of their regular price is usually too much for me.

i've only used the GGC a few times, but i've never had a problem using it on a sale item either.

I almost use the GGC on sale items exclusively. I never had any problems with it. If a cashier hassles you about it go to a different one or request a manager.

They are deleting GGC that work on $19.99 and under titles, by next year most of them will be $29.99 or above. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Where did you hear that? I've seen the console exclusive $29.99 and above ones and also the EA Sports ones but theres still plenty of the Green 2005 GGCs at my local Best Buys. Theres still even have the Yellow GGCs of this year. If you can direct me to an article or something that says they are getting rid of them, it'll be helpful.

Hmm come to think of it I think I did use one on sale item once...Perhaps it was just the last time I got turned away. I'll have to give the Kingdom Hearts CoM deal a shot.

Any yeah my BB has planty of of next year's GGCs (the green ones) that still say $5 off for any $19.99 or above for any software or accessory.

[quote name='Bivensra']Did everyone receive their BB coupons that can be used 12/ 10-13? There appear to be few restrictions.[/quote]

When'd you get it? If it's like any BB mailing for Fri-Mon, it'll show up for me either today or tomorrow.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Bivensra']Did everyone receive their BB coupons that can be used 12/ 10-13? There appear to be few restrictions.[/quote]

When'd you get it? If it's like any BB mailing for Fri-Mon, it'll show up for me either today or tomorrow.[/quote]

I think this is different. I guess when I make BB purchases and they ask me for my zip it places me on their mailing list. I get an envelope w/ coupons of various percentages. The latest coupons arrived Saturday.

[quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Only if you have run into an employee who will let you use the GGC on a sale item...[/quote]

i've never had a problem using a GGC on a sale item at BB[/quote]

ditto.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']
Any yeah my BB has planty of of next year's GGCs (the green ones) that still say $5 off for any $19.99 or above for any software or accessory.[/quote]

Same here. My BB restocked like 50 of them on the shelves for 2005 ($5 off 19.99 and up) so maybe it's a YMMV?

[quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Only if you have run into an employee who will let you use the GGC on a sale item...[/quote]

i've never had a problem using a GGC on a sale item at BB[/quote]

Same here. I used the GGC when they had Pokemon: Leaf Green on sale.

I visited two BB's yesterday...one in Emeryville, CA and the other in Pinole, CA. Both of them no longer carried the GGC that worked for games/accessories that are $19.99 or lower. They all had on the card: $5 dollars off any game/accessory $29.99 or above. So at least in the Bay Area the GGC have changed.

The Emeryville one is my usual BB and I just got a couple last week. They usually have tons. I go there every Tuesday at least so I'll report what I see tomorrow.

For me the Emeryville BB is near school, and the Union City BB is on the way to work, so I go to both at least once a week and I definately would not say the GGC has changed in the Bay Area at all. You just gotta look a little harder for them sometimes.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Where did you hear that? I've seen the console exclusive $29.99 and above ones and also the EA Sports ones but theres still plenty of the Green 2005 GGCs at my local Best Buys. Theres still even have the Yellow GGCs of this year. If you can direct me to an article or something that says they are getting rid of them, it'll be helpful.[/quote]

Where in the bay area? I check the union city and milpitas BB in the last month and never saw them

Never had any problem using my GGC on an game item at any Best Buy in the Las Vegas area. I don't think sale items qualify as one of the offers that discount it. Price matching probably does as the computer has to be overriden to change the price which is probably why many CAGs can't do a price match + GGC.

Incidentally if you ARE planning on getting KH: CoM eventually anyway, pick it up this week, it will be a long-ass time before it gets that cheap again. For some reason Square-Enix GBA games take fugging forever to drop in price. Everywhere I've seen FF Tactics Advance still for sale it's still going for full price of $29.99 or $34.99...and it's been out 15 months already! :?

My Best Buy had the 2004 and the 2005 GGC just until a a month or so ago. Now they seem to have all disappeared, and the only ones I could find laying around was the ones that expire at the end of 2004 and the EA GGC for EA games $29.99 and up.

Everything GGC related is major YMMV. None of the stores that I frequent (2 in Indiana, 1 in Missouri) have GGC's any more.

Well, regardless, even if I can't use the GGC, 25$ is still a damn nice deal since this retails at 35. :D Not to say it won't be worth every penny (IMO), but nice to save a bit.

I've never had any problems using GGC on sale prices. I even got lucky this weekend and was able to use the GGC on a pricematch (PMed CC's $24.99 FF I&II, BB had it for $29.99) and then the CS guy even manually took the $5 off for GGC so I got it for $20.99 (after tax). Not too bad. YMMV, since it depends on how cool the CS person is.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Well, regardless, even if I can't use the GGC, 25$ is still a damn nice deal since this retails at 35. :D Not to say it won't be worth every penny (IMO), but nice to save a bit.[/quote]

DZ speaks the truth...

[quote name='CD']Never had any problem using my GGC on an game item at any Best Buy in the Las Vegas area. I don't think sale items qualify as one of the offers that discount it. Price matching probably does as the computer has to be overriden to change the price which is probably why many CAGs can't do a price match + GGC.

Incidentally if you ARE planning on getting KH: CoM eventually anyway, pick it up this week, it will be a long-ass time before it gets that cheap again. For some reason Square-Enix GBA games take fugging forever to drop in price. Everywhere I've seen FF Tactics Advance still for sale it's still going for full price of $29.99 or $34.99...and it's been out 15 months already! :?[/quote]

Target has FFTA for $29.99. I got it for about $16 using a raincheck.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='CD']Never had any problem using my GGC on an game item at any Best Buy in the Las Vegas area. I don't think sale items qualify as one of the offers that discount it. Price matching probably does as the computer has to be overriden to change the price which is probably why many CAGs can't do a price match + GGC.

Incidentally if you ARE planning on getting KH: CoM eventually anyway, pick it up this week, it will be a long-ass time before it gets that cheap again. For some reason Square-Enix GBA games take fugging forever to drop in price. Everywhere I've seen FF Tactics Advance still for sale it's still going for full price of $29.99 or $34.99...and it's been out 15 months already! :?[/quote]

Target has FFTA for $29.99. I got it for about $16 using a raincheck.[/quote]

I meant regular in-store price, but, yeah, the Target raincheck thing is quite useful :)

[quote name='CD']

Yeah, that's the only reason why I broke this out into it's own deal. Although the reviews for it have not been stellar (import reviews and paper magazines -- I bet that all the reviews on the web will come out tomorrow) I predict that in the next 6 mo. it will be hard to find this game for less. Of course, I could be wrong about that, just like I was with La Pucelle, but I am willing to take that risk :D

I went to best buy today to pick this up but when I got there, it was priced at 34.99. I didn't check the price, though, because I was also planning to buy a GGC which they didn't have. Is this just online or something? Anyone have success?

[quote name='clockworkvictim']I went to best buy today to pick this up but when I got there, it was priced at 34.99. I didn't check the price, though, because I was also planning to buy a GGC which they didn't have. Is this just online or something? Anyone have success?[/quote]

got my copy from BB today around noon
Applied the GGC w/o any hassle at all!
$19.99 + tax
(My copy also had a $34.99 sticker on it, but it doesn't matter cause the price goes w/ the the barcode)

I think 2 times the employee at stupid Best Buy (same store) ask if the game I was purchasing on sale. I said no and rang up the game with the coupon :twisted: . Beside that, other Best Buy stores that I go to never have any problems.

[quote name='Trakan']I had success. It's in their ad. Got it for $20.[/quote]
++
Also got the Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby guide for a penny. Cashier voided an rescanned it twice, until I said, "No it is supposed to be a penny." 86&Lex location.

For some odd reason though, they didn't have them out on the sales floor. I had to specifically request it and was told that the cashiers' had them at their stations.

I got lucky and picked it up from BB last night. The employees were stocking shelves and had a bunch of big boxes with random games. I noticed a copy of KH in one, and I asked if everything in the boxes was going on the shelves that evening. I was told that everything was, and that I was free to look through and take what I needed. Sadly, I have not had time to play it yet.

[quote name='6669']So is this game a card battle turn-based RPG or is it an action-RPG?[/quote]

You use cards to do battle techniques, but you get to control Sora while in battle. The only thing is if you walk into an enemy it has a brief loading screen then you get into battle.

[quote name='6669']So is this game a card battle turn-based RPG or is it an action-RPG?[/quote]

I believe its a turn based RPG... You pick cards while the enemy attacks you in real time. So, you select cards and the game performs the desired actions but the game doesnt pause as you select the cards to play.

*beat me to it i guess :oops:

BTW, if anyone is in the Boston area, have you seen any GGC lately :?:

[quote name='el bobo'][quote name='6669']So is this game a card battle turn-based RPG or is it an action-RPG?[/quote]

You use cards to do battle techniques, but you get to control Sora while in battle. The only thing is if you walk into an enemy it has a brief loading screen then you get into battle.[/quote]

Ah, thanx. So its kinda like KOTOR then? BTW, you do know what "el bobo" means in English, right? :?

[quote name='clockworkvictim'][quote name='6669']So is this game a card battle turn-based RPG or is it an action-RPG?[/quote]

I believe its a turn based RPG... You pick cards while the enemy attacks you in real time. So, you select cards and the game performs the desired actions but the game doesnt pause as you select the cards to play.

*beat me to it i guess :oops:

BTW, if anyone is in the Boston area, have you seen any GGC lately :?:[/quote]

Yeah, sounds like how KOTOR was, but without the pausing. Thanx.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']They are deleting GGC that work on $19.99 and under titles, by next year most of them will be $29.99 or above. Enjoy it while it lasts.[/quote]

I just picked up one this week that is good until Dec 2005. For games $19.99 or more.

bread's done
Back