Photo
- - - - -

Live CAGcast Call-in Show - Thursday 4/24 - 9pm EST.

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 CAGIronMan

CAGIronMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

It was so lame I had to leave early...
Posted Image

Wombat: "And I just wanna confuse the f*ck out of everybody."

Playing:
:xbox:Mercenaries, Halo 2

:pc:Cabal Online

#62 typeRJ

typeRJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

shouldn't of tried listening it to it on my POS computer. Firefox crashed several times before i had to just give up. thanks for puttin up the mp3, Cheapy. at least i won't miss out completely.

#63 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:06 PM

doing this show is good practice... may cheapy and Wombat can do their own radio show one day on satellite radio. both of you have good radio voices.
Posted Image

#64 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:18 PM

I thought the GTA4 talk was pretty clean. Very little (or none) of the main campaign was even discussed and only a bit of pleasant side info on the multiplayer was given out.

I'm so excited to hear that people that played it are both quite pleased and amazed by the game.

Yeah, the discussion involved very few aspects of the game and no bits of the story. So fear not, you can listen to the Live CAGcast. :)

#65 Porksta

Porksta

Sillier Mofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:20 PM

Wow that guy from the 703 who called about the DS Lite sure had a sexy voice. I wish I could meet him.
I am famous for getting CheapyD to watch Swollen Tip while he was broadcasting live.

#66 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

God, that was painful. There's a lot to be said for the CAGbag when Cheapy filters the questions to get to the good ones. Nothing against my fellow CAGers but live audience participation is almost always bad on on all live shows, from local radio to MTV to Attack of the Show. The only time it works is on programs like Howard Stern or Opie & Anthony because they goof on the callers.

#67 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

God, that was painful. There's a lot to be said for the CAGbag when Cheapy filters the questions to get to the good ones. Nothing against my fellow CAGers but live audience participation is almost always bad on on all live shows, from local radio to MTV to Attack of the Show. The only time it works is on programs like Howard Stern or Opie & Anthony because they goof on the callers.

yea, no offense to my fellow CAGS but i only found 2-3 callers who had good questions or comments. it seems like some are high or sleepy and they were clueless about what they were calling in about. some tried to be funny when they should've just let Wombat and Cheapy tell the jokes.

i think Cheapy should do a live show where we can ask questions in the chatroom. i tried requesting that but it was futile.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#68 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

i think Cheapy should do a live show where we can ask questions in the chatroom. i tried requesting that but it was futile.

I think that is a good idea for a show. They just need a better way to submit questions because when there are 200+ people in the room chatting along with 10-20 who are just spamming and typing jibberish not much gets accomplished. Way too much garbage to sort though.

Let's go Pens!

#69 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

I think that is a good idea for a show. They just need a better way to submit questions because when there are 200+ people in the room chatting along with 10-20 who are just spamming and typing jibberish not much gets accomplished. Way too much garbage to sort though.

haha, yea, there were some weirdos in the room who had too much time to spam and troll before they were finally banned. Once they were gone, it was fun again. Cheapy, make me a MOD next time please. ;)
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#70 Axion22

Axion22

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

Definitely need a call screener and a way to adjust people's audio if you do this again. Overall it was cool for the change of pace, but like it was said earlier... some of the hiccups were painful.

#71 Banzaiaap

Banzaiaap

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

Damn I missed it, I was at work lol. :(

#72 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 25 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

haha, yea, there were some weirdos in the room who had too much time to spam and troll before they were finally banned. Once they were gone, it was fun again. Cheapy, make me a MOD next time please. ;)

I'm glad they eventually figured out how to actually ban the trolls. #-o

#73 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

Cheapy needs to learn to not hang up on the callers, if you answered them you have to give them the time and not cut them off when you want. Cheapy seemed especially douchey, more than normal.

#74 Giant Enemy Crab

Giant Enemy Crab

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:02 AM

That live show was pretty awesome and nowlive worked out pretty well. Can't wait to do it again.

#75 blackmilk

blackmilk

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:07 AM

Yeah I agree. I appreciate the effort to give us more show Cheapy, but it was pretty bad. It seemed like all the callers were so desperate to lick your ass up and down they called regardless of having any worthwhile undiscussed questions. Wombat didn't help things move along with his pizza joke. It's bad enough we have to wait for the caller to figure out he's on the air let alone being confused again by Wombat's bad jokes. I know this was just a hold over to the next show, I just dont want live call-ins to leak into the regular show again.

#76 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:38 AM

yea, no offense to my fellow CAGS but i only found 2-3 callers who had good questions or comments. it seems like some are high or sleepy and they were clueless about what they were calling in about. some tried to be funny when they should've just let Wombat and Cheapy tell the jokes.

I was afraid of this. I've had a bad day and I want to listen to a good cagcast tonight. But live shows always have people trying to be funny when they're clearly not. There has to be a filter. I haven't listened yet, so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

#77 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

Cheapy needs to learn to not hang up on the callers, if you answered them you have to give them the time and not cut them off when you want. Cheapy seemed especially douchey, more than normal.

Sorry to disagree but he needed that to keep it moving. Otherwise you get the squeeky voiced kids with their printed out lists refusing to get off the stage. :roll: As soon as you hear an underage squeeker pull the plug. I get enough of them on Xbox Live. And the stoners too. 4/20 was your day. Move along.

#78 R3co

R3co

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

The Live show was great!

A tip for next time would be to write down multiple questions in case your question gets asked earlier and your stuck coming up with a lame question about Home like I did haha.

#79 DreadMech

DreadMech

is the infamous Takamofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

It was an enjoyable live show, I noticeably heard the audio quality on my ipod (when i put on the live show) but it wasn't that bad...its just too bad you couldn't hear the forums when Josh called in ;)
XBL Gamertag: Takamofo / PSN: DaftGT

#80 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:57 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised. Aside from the kids calling in, it wasn't bad. The sound quality was pretty terrible though.

#81 swerv

swerv

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

Great offort, horrible sound quality though and not only the callers. Have you guys tried Ustream? The couple of live shows MOG have done have been pretty good.

Although like all live stream shows, lag will always be a problem I guess.

#82 Shuttler

Shuttler

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:20 PM

ZOMG - hey swerv ;)